PDA

View Full Version : where's jr gone?

jonny hurlock
1st September 2007, 15:02
What happen to Kenny Roberts Jr gone to? the last time we seen him was barcalona and going to bring him back when the chassis was coming back, but
nothing happen. should KR bring back kenny back or keep Kurtis.

ChrisS
1st September 2007, 15:40
Its not really up to team KR if they have KRJr or Kurtis, KRJr said he wasnt interested in riding an uncompetitive bike at the back of the grid.

He was supposed to take some GPs off and return at Laguna when the bike was sorted but the bike is probably even worst now and I dont think he will ever return.

I'm not sure what to think about his unwillingness to ride the bike. On the one hand, he is a former world champion and he is close to the end of his career. he has nothing to gain by riding a bike than cant even get in the points. On the other hand walking away from a bike because its not good enough shows he lost his fighting spirit.

patnicholls
2nd September 2007, 00:46
As it was described by the British Eurosport team, Kenny jnr favours a bike with (comparatively) a lot of power as opposed to an agile thing. With the move to 800s and then the Honda engine not being what it has been in recent years, that's what hurt him in the early part of this year and he only got a few points before bailing out. Let's not forget that last year he finished 6th in the points on the 990, nearly won Estoril, and had some front-row starts.

We've said in the past that he'd lost his spirit for racing in his last couple of years at Suzuki, but in 2006 we found that wasn't strictly true (he also finished second in the wet 2005 British GP on the Suzuki). As is always true, there is a thin line between doing well and being 16th this year and with the combination of change of formula and Honda's dodgy year, Kenny's slipped out of the picture.

Ironically, Kurtis - who I've never rated in the slightest - has actually had some not-too-bad rides on the bike this season since coming in.

2nd September 2007, 01:19
KR is only 34 years of age, a former world champ, a great rider and a real trier. I hope he's just taking time out to think things over and that he will return to the grid.

His ability as a rider speaks for itself but I'd agree that he must be really peeved with not having good gear to throw around the track and see no reason why he should not be seriously considered by one of the major teams if Dad's sponsors can't come up with the goods.