PDA

View Full Version : 2008 BSB classes

ChrisS
30th August 2007, 11:09
http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=18&id=153675

Superbike, Supersport and 125GP remain as they are.

Superstock Championship remains and Superstock 600 will be re-introduced in place of the Superstock Cup.

R6 Cup replaced a “one make” series running 1000cc 4 cylinder machinery and a “naked streetfighter” class

I like the return of 600cc superstock and the naked class, not so sure about the 1000cc "one make" class, 1000cc 4 cylinder bikes sound too powerful for an entry class

neninja
30th August 2007, 17:19
Supersport 600 will be the feeder class with a 16-25 age limit.

My understanding is that the new 1000cc one make series (R1's) is rumoured to have a £50k prize fund for the championship winner with no age limits. It is intended to appeal to decent club racers and even riders from R6 Cup, Superstock, Supersport and perhaps the odd long in the tooth Superbike rider who will all be keen to get their hands on the money.

Whether it works out that way is another matter entirely. If one rider starts to be dominate you can see the grid getting more and more empty as the season goes on.

Superstock Cup was well subscribed with full grids but was probably created confusion for many spectators as to what the difference was between National Superstock and Superstock Cup.

Mr Fudd
4th September 2007, 15:47
Supersport 600 will be the feeder class with a 16-25 age limit.

My understanding is that the new 1000cc one make series (R1's) is rumoured to have a £50k prize fund for the championship winner with no age limits. It is intended to appeal to decent club racers and even riders from R6 Cup, Superstock, Supersport and perhaps the odd long in the tooth Superbike rider who will all be keen to get their hands on the money.

Whether it works out that way is another matter entirely. If one rider starts to be dominate you can see the grid getting more and more empty as the season goes on.

Superstock Cup was well subscribed with full grids but was probably created confusion for many spectators as to what the difference was between National Superstock and Superstock Cup.

The one make series is a good idea, but it needs to be a 'sealed motor' deal, otherwise it means you can buy your way to the front. i have heard KTM are going the sealed motor route for 2008, which again makes sense .

£50k will bring a lot of Superstock interest with it, but i expect one rider to dominate , as they'll want the payday.

And still no 250's