PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 Rally New Zealand

jso1985
28th August 2007, 01:33
Your last chance to prove you're good at fast gravel rallyes!

the rally will be run with the following format:
Game Rally: Finland(mirrored)
Shakedown stage: SS4
Day 1: Single rally expert level
Day 2: Single rally intermediate level

rally starts on Saturday and deadline for submission is on wednesday 5th September 11:59 GMT.

for more info go to http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/cmr2wc or just ask it here! new entries always welcome

have fun and good luck!

tannat
28th August 2007, 05:46
Hoping for a dry NZ as our Finland run was spoilt by some wet stages.

Would be nice to finish ahead of Subaru's #2 :D

Rat
28th August 2007, 12:38
We will get revenge here in En Zud! More Red Bull please..

Will L
29th August 2007, 10:32
I don't know if I'll be able to do this rally, I don't know how much time I've got.

Juha
29th August 2007, 14:28
Guess who's back. :D

It took me two ******* years but I have finally figured out how to get my PS working on our TV,so I'm in again. :D

I'll be driving a Focus.

Juha
29th August 2007, 15:54
In an effort to keep up with the ever increasing Red Bull sponsorship, Coca Cola has decided to go into the WRC. Their Focus WRC will be driven by Juha, who's making a comeback to the sport after a few years as a test driver for Ford.

The shakedown in Finland showed that there was still room for improvement:
- 2.28.27 - hit a small tree
- 0.00.00 - hit a big tree
- 2.28.70 - gear ratio changed, speed improved and another tree lost
- 2.28.46 - suspension changement, lack of grip
- 2.30.80 - a few trees, again, car felt good though

"I really have to calm myself a bit down, my normal times on this stage should be about ten seconds faster. I should pay attention during recce because otherwise we will do it Solberg-style, which is not our intention."

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1221/focuslt4.jpg

Will L
29th August 2007, 23:43
Wicked car!!! :D

Juha
29th August 2007, 23:53
And it took me just ten minutes to design and draw it. :D

The quality is a bit crap though, I'll see if I can upload a decent one.

tannat
30th August 2007, 16:13
2 25 15
2 25 65 off on grass-no contact
2 23 24 2 offs on grass (no contact) suspension set at -3
2 21 81 good run, but not perfect
2 20 28 2 wheels off on grass, still not perfect, suspension at -2

Hoping for a sunny rally, where we will (hopefully) have a cautious drive to a podium finish...

jso1985
31st August 2007, 00:28
welcome back Juha! and welcome to Will L, just what we needed now, more players!

have fun and good luck!

Will L
31st August 2007, 00:53
Hi!

Call me Will. ;)

I'm looking forward to CMR2 racing with you! Hopefully I won't come last all the time but we'll see how it goes. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make this one as school starts soon. But hey, as I said, we'll see.

Will

Juha
31st August 2007, 01:07
I've just praciticed the stages and I'm satisfied with it. I always went 5-8 seconds faster during the second run, got within 3-4 seconds of my PB's and broke one on the last stage (too bad it doesn't count in mirror mode). But it's sooooo hard to beat the times I have set in the Mini. I love that car, sideways in 6th gear over the jumps and still get it back, just to do it again on the next corner. Faster then I can go with any WRC! It's okay in other countries too, but it sucks on tarmac (and don't even try handbraking it!). Anyway I'm driving a Focus now so I'm easily beatable. :D

Juha
31st August 2007, 14:37
Just finished the rally.

Day 1
We had a nice drive on SS1 although I was far too slow on the last corner. SS 2 went well and then there was rain for the next stages but it didn't catch me out. SS3 up to 5 went well, I wasn't pushing it to the limit and kept it nicely on on the gravel. Then a nice ditch awaited my on SS6 and the car car got smashed into a tree. Luckily I suffered no big time loss as it was a slower corner. I hit a fence on SS7 and a tree on the night stage right before the sherp 90 right. I then overshot that 90 right too because I started braking too late. 9-10 went fine, possible because I had already chopped every tree in the country. :D

Day 2
Much quieter then day 1. I misjudged the jump at the start of SS6. I succeeded in getting the car back on time but went straight into a tree on the next corner. And for the very first time I took the 90 rights on SS8 as they should be taken.

I think it should be good enough for a top 5 position.

And I promised a better-quality drawing of the Focus; here it is:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/4179/focus2yi9.png

It's now identical to the works cars designs in Germany, apart with their tourist officie sponsor being replaced by the company that makes a lot of money out of my thirst. :D

tannat
31st August 2007, 16:35
Very nice livery, Juha :up:

Green and red go well together...

Juha
31st August 2007, 17:28
I was thinkign the same. i've tried yellow, blue and white but it's nothing compared to this. It just looks right. Now if only I had a PC version instead of playstation... :D

Will L
1st September 2007, 18:39
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/willlloyd/FocusTempcopy.jpg

Thought I'd make one. Hope it's ok to use your template Juha. ;)

Juha
1st September 2007, 22:06
I didn't make the template so I don't care. :D

It looks nice.

Rat
3rd September 2007, 13:00
We finished!
Day 1:
The day started out very wet and slippery. Somehow we set some PB's on the day even with the changing weather and road conditions.From stage 5 to 8 we encountered trees by the dozen that wrecked the bodywork and even included a full rollover back onto the wheels after one of the big jumps! Towards the end of the day, we just had some fun with big drifts into the corners. Unfortunately, we slid too wide into the mud and lost traction on the last stage.
Day 2:
We changed the gearbox overnight to allow more speed on the stages. After getting into a rhythm, we set some good times. More bloody trees, this time we hit them at very high speed bending everything, gearbox, smashed the windscreen etc. I guess our gamble to go fast on the wet stages didn't pay off. Hey after rebuilding the car the best we could , we set some great times. Even posted a PB!
Hard, fast rally with some PB's set along the way. Very slippery and wet on both days. On day2 when we went into the trees, my Co-driver nearly quit on me and yes it was scary stuff trying to make up time driving in those conditions. Well done to the patient crew who rebuilt the Ford.

Ramore
3rd September 2007, 16:01
I have just finished the rally.
The first leg was ok, not the best time, but it was ok. But the second leg was conpletely insane. I don't know why, but I made a lot of mistakes and my times were way of the pace. Probably about 30 sec. or more slower than the first leg. But anyways, I hope to get some points here.

Exhausted
3rd September 2007, 22:12
A cautious approach to this rally pretty much gave the result I expected, a slow but steady day one without any big hits or crashes.

On day 2 i picked up the pace, set some pretty good times, but rainshowers and plenty of mud towards the end left me going wide into the trees on a few occations.

I'll be happy with a points finish!

tannat
4th September 2007, 20:22
I have just finished the rally.
The first leg was ok, not the best time, but it was ok. But the second leg was conpletely insane. I don't know why, but I made a lot of mistakes and my times were way of the pace. Probably about 30 sec. or more slower than the first leg. But anyways, I hope to get some points here.

Maybe I'll have a chance against you, as you were quite fast at Finland, Ramore..

Ramore
4th September 2007, 23:35
Maybe I'll have a chance against you, as you were quite fast at Finland, Ramore..

I think you will beat me this time. The thing is that Finland is my favourite rally in this game, so I know most of the stages pretty well, and now when it's mirrored I get confused all the time and I make a lot of mistakes.

jso1985
6th September 2007, 00:29
a dominant win by Cyborg_hun who extends his lead in the WDC to 11 points with only 5 rallyes to go. and SEAT re-takes the lead in the manufacturers championship

1.- Cyborg_hun SEAT Cordoba 37:03,76
2.- Tannat Ford Focus 38:43,67
3.- Juha Ford Focus(p) 38:44,26
4.- Jso1985 Subaru Impreza 39:00,87
5.- Ramore Toyota Corolla 39:42,97
6.- Exhausted Skoda Fabia 40:53,25
7.- Rat Ford Focus 42:47,30

Drivers Championship
1.- Cyborg_hun 85 points
2.- Marcel Haenen 74
3.- Jso1985 54
4.- Tannat 52
5.- GrP 46
6.- Ramore 41
7.- Exhausted 22
8.- Dravas76 15
9.- Rat 14
10.- Luffield 6
11.- Juha 6
12.- Sir Killalot 5
13.- 306 Cosworth 1

Manufacturers championship
1.- SEAT 131 points
2.- Subaru 129
3.- Ford 74
4.- Toyota 44
5.- Skoda 44

Ford to be investigated for team orders over privateer Juha to ensure their driver Tannat finished 2nd ;) :p : :D

stage-by-stage results will be available as soon as possible

thanks for participating!

Juha
6th September 2007, 01:23
Crap, that means I'll have to hide their works special super sticky tarmac tyres for a while. :p :D

I would have been very happy with third place if it wasn't for that silly second, but it's a nice return to the sport, I still got it. :p : But Cyborg, enlighten me, do you disconnect your brain before the rally? :D

tannat
6th September 2007, 05:20
Ford to be investigated for team orders over privateer Juha to ensure their driver Tannat finished 2nd ;) :p : :D

Rubbish!

YEESSSS! Our first 2nd position finish, although I notice no Marcel in New Zealand. Perhaps he fell ill....

Cheers to Juha for a VERY close finish (59/100ths) I'd be willing to give up 60/100ths because of your beautiful-liveried car..

Then again, maybe not.. :D

Funny-I had premontions when Gronholm and Loeb finished so close.

Believe we have some tarmac rounds approaching (and we are giddy with anticipation :bounce: )

Tannat

Marcel Haenen
6th September 2007, 09:41
Dammit, totally forgot to do the rally...
I'll have to win all rounds and hope Cyborg_hun doesn't get 2nd at at least one of them....what a fool I am...

jso1985
15th September 2007, 20:51
stage-by-stage results are now available at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/cmr2wc , here's some stats from the rally

- Stage wins: Cyborg_hun 18
- Rally leaders: SS1-SS18: Cyborg_hun
- After being in 3rd place during 16 stages, Tannat managed to take and keep 2nd in the 2 final stages

tannat
15th September 2007, 23:06
- After being in 3rd place during 16 stages, Tannat managed to take and keep 2nd in the 2 final stages

Again, cheers to Juha for a great battle :up: