PDA

View Full Version : White Christmas! White Christmas! White Christmas!

Daniel
24th December 2006, 05:53
I highly doubt this but the weather station in the living room has declared that the general trend for the weather to be SNOWY!!!!!!!!!

Woke Caroline up and jumped on the bed like a three year old too at 3:30AM :p :uhoh:

Just went outside and it's clear if a bit misty and the ground is frosty. But damnit if it doesn't rain I'll cry so Santa if you really do exist you better give me snow or I swear I'll beat you up tonight.

Serious!!!!!! :mark:

L5->R5/CR
24th December 2006, 07:33
We got 32 inches at my apartment on Wednesday so it will be a very white Christmas here in Colorado.

Sleeper
24th December 2006, 11:32
We probably will get a white christmas but it will be fog rather than snow. :\

Eki
24th December 2006, 11:48
No white Christmas here. Rain and +3 C.

jim mcglinchey
24th December 2006, 11:57
We got 32 inches at my apartment on Wednesday so it will be a very white Christmas here in Colorado.

'kin Nora, that conjures up images of the settlers snowed in for the winter in their Rocky Mountain cabin. Hope you've plenty of provisions ( Coors mainly ).

Dave B
24th December 2006, 14:33
No danger of snow here :(

Ian McC
24th December 2006, 16:47
weather station in the living room

Do you have Oily round there reading the shipping forecast? :s

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 17:00
Here (Bath) it is cloudy and 3degrees.
Crappy weather.

Hazell B
24th December 2006, 17:03
William Hills are offering 1/100 on there being no snow at any of the official weather stations in the whole UK.

It's also reported that the average UK citizen only sees 8 white Christmas Days during their life.

Maths make that an average one snow covered Christmas every ten years, so 1/100 times ten for a nice accumulator still gives you less than bank interest for your ten year bet.

Don't bet for a white Christmas, don't bet against it is my advice :p :
Let the TV do fake snow ;)

Shirt Hunter
24th December 2006, 18:10
You have stayed in Oz Daniel - Amongst the bushfires that have been raging the last few weeks, snow is expected to fall shortly.. Weird hey...

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV17006.txt

harvick#1
24th December 2006, 18:15
they are calling for snow on Christmas Day here :D but frost doesn't count

race aficionado
24th December 2006, 18:58
No White christmas here.
Check this out:

Esta caliente!

Happy Holidays to all.

:s mokin:

Ian McC
24th December 2006, 19:53
Well at least it isn't foggy :D

Eki
24th December 2006, 20:47
Ian, what you and donkeyJote do on your sparetime is your own business, but what is said about your location is too much information.

Hazell B
24th December 2006, 21:20
Well at least it isn't foggy :D

You mean there's no more heated tents full of juggling balls and screaming families at Heathrow? Bet you'll miss them :p :

themo
24th December 2006, 21:39
No Snow Here :(

Scuderia ferrari
24th December 2006, 23:11
No snow here eathier! Apparently britain is going to have a "artic winter" though...how they get that?! They normally can't get next days weather right, let alone in afew weeks, absoloute rubbish if you ask me!

CarlMetro
25th December 2006, 01:28
Hardly anybreeze, cloudy and quite warm outside for the time of year. I doubt we are getting any snow this side of the New Year :(

Ian McC
25th December 2006, 02:46
juggling balls

Not tonight thanks :D

RaikkonenRules
25th December 2006, 02:54
No white Christmas in lousy stinking England, just fog and frost :mad:

RaikkonenRules
25th December 2006, 02:55
Not tonight thanks :D

You wish that she would want that. :p :

Christina
25th December 2006, 03:52
No snow here. it's forcast to be 38 celcius (and well on it's way, getting pretty warm already!) so the only white christmas i will be having will be with sand on the beach!

Dazz9908
25th December 2006, 12:09
Hey England Found your Snow!
It's in the Australian Highlands.
Res In the Middle of our Summer which is normally 30C +
It snowed in Tasmania and Victoria. :crazy:
At least it put most of their Fires out.
Christmas wishes answered

306 Cosworth
25th December 2006, 13:42

32INCHES! You lucky sod :(

Christina
25th December 2006, 13:46
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Yellow_dinosaur/P1010020.jpg

this is my kinda white christmas!

Shirt Hunter
25th December 2006, 16:04
Well the snow did come...

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/12/25/buller_cfa_wideweb__470x305,0.jpg

L5->R5/CR
26th December 2006, 02:07
got two inches fresh last night for Christmas eve, it was nice although the roads this morning were icy as a result (on the way to Grandma's house no less, talk about a cliche)

Captain VXR
26th December 2006, 11:27
Hey England Found your Snow!
It's in the Australian Highlands.
Res In the Middle of our Summer which is normally 30C +
It snowed in Tasmania and Victoria. :crazy:
At least it put most of their Fires out.
Christmas wishes answered

Lucky b*ggar, ah well, English weather is 'ollocks all the time. In fact, England sucks completely apart from BTCC, WTCC, WRC, EDC and UKDC.

J4MIE
26th December 2006, 12:24
England sucks completely apart from BTCC, WTCC, WRC, EDC and UKDC.

The last time I looked England had no WRC at all.

The thing that really pisses me off, if that there's a wee bit of mist down south and it's headline news and nobody can cope, while it's clear up here and (relatively) nice weather. Then it clears down there and moves up here for a day, no bother at all but everyone down south is complaining about the "dull" weather and no snow...

L5->R5/CR
28th December 2006, 07:28
getting 2 feet more by saturday!

time to play rally sweden on the side streets!

millencolin
28th December 2006, 07:38
we had possibly the coldest xmas day in years.... i go to a little town called texas, 4 hours west of brisbane... usualy its about 35-40 degrees celcius during xmas... 21 degrees!!!! it was freezing!!!

raybak
28th December 2006, 08:09
Snow in Australia for Xmas. Took my niece up to Lake Mountain and there was over 25cm of snow. She had never seen snow before, was great to see the expression on her face when she first touched snow and then tried to eat as much snow as possible :)

At least the snow helped with the bushfires.

Ray

emporer_k
28th December 2006, 15:41
No sign of snow here, which is good because I don't like it.

Captain VXR
28th December 2006, 16:08
The last time I looked England had no WRC at all.

The thing that really pisses me off, if that there's a wee bit of mist down south and it's headline news and nobody can cope, while it's clear up here and (relatively) nice weather. Then it clears down there and moves up here for a day, no bother at all but everyone down south is complaining about the "dull" weather and no snow...

I meant the British Isles how dumb am I :uhoh: :crazy:

Iain
28th December 2006, 16:27
everyone down south is complaining about the "dull" weather and no snow...

And then when it snows the country grinds to a halt....... ;)

libra65
28th December 2006, 20:23
getting 2 feet more by saturday!

time to play rally sweden on the side streets!

Good luck to you L5!! My niece lives at the USOC training center in Colorado Springs. She was able to fly back from the CO Springs airport on the 22nd in time for Christmas but friends of hers were still stuck at Denver's airport on Christmas Eve. She is due to go back on 12/30 so she can go skiing for New Years. I hope she can get back. Have fun at Rally Boulder!!
Have a great New Year everyone!!!! Stay safe-please don't drink and drive.

jens
28th December 2006, 20:56
Here has been no white christmas. In the evening of 26th December snow came down for a moment and then in a few hours melted away again... :(

CarlMetro
29th December 2006, 03:23
I spoke to a colleague in Dresden today, around lunchtime and he said it was like a blizzard outside, and had been so for about an hour :s