PDA

View Full Version : Last post

Speedworx
23rd December 2006, 22:51
The last post is broken. It says on the main page 40 mins ago. You go in and the last post was 2 days go!

Daniel
24th December 2006, 02:11
Not necessarily. If the thread has a poll in it and someone votes in it it will show up as having a reply to it even if it doesn't/

Speedworx
24th December 2006, 15:13
Thats a bit stupid!

A poll vote is NOT a reply to the thread!

Daniel
24th December 2006, 15:32
It's part of the software. Deal with it.....

Speedworx
26th December 2006, 19:54
Great response!

Seems to me its crappy software. Who in the world rates a poll vote as a reply to the thread!

ANSWER: no one with sense!

Daniel
26th December 2006, 21:20
Seriously there are more important things to have issue with over this christmas season.

Erki
27th December 2006, 13:32
Uuuuh, I already thought this was gonna be the first 'good-bye' thread of the new forums...

Actually an answer to a poll IS a legitimate forum thread update. While it's not a post, something has changed and if you want to keep yourself up to date, you check it.

RaceFanStan
27th December 2006, 19:14
Great response!

Seems to me its crappy software. Who in the world rates a poll vote as a reply to the thread!

ANSWER: no one with sense!
Talk about swallowing a camel & choking on a gnat ! :rolleyes:
My advice is that if you dislike it here so much, move on to somewhere you like better. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Iain
27th December 2006, 19:24
It's been like this ever since polls were introduced. Making a mountain out of a molehill........

Mark
3rd January 2007, 09:11
As Iain says, it's been the same since vBulletin version 1.

The post date is updated so that a poll will not slip to page 2 if it is still actively getting votes.