PDA

View Full Version : Fiero's Exclusive Post-Turkey Driver Review

Hondo
26th August 2007, 16:01
Alonso: Experience counts and it counted today. When it became clear that 3rd was the best McLaren could do today, he took it.

Hamilton: Learned to expect the unexpected. Welcome to the real world son.

Fisichella: At this point, really shouldn't be wondering why he doesn't have a 2008 contract. Wasn't that your rookie teammate up there scoring points?

Kovalainen: This guy merits staying with a top team. Surely Flav won't let him go after 2007. Fisichella has excuses, Kovalainen has points.

Raikkonen: Still a favorite, his car held together and he remembered who signs his paycheck. Ferrari wants the Constructor's and Kimi's time will come.

Massa: Merely re-enforced what is known, if he starts from the front, he can finish in the front. His ability to do so from a little further back is still unproven. Good point: One of the easiest names to spell in Formula 1.

Button: Honda needs to go back to what they know how to do, building engines. It's obvious they can't get the whole concept down to something that works. Jenson could pick up a used Stratocaster cheap somewhere and do the boy-band thing. Maybe he and Jacques could do some gigs together.

Barrichello: Emerson Fittipaldi (sp?) is doing ok growing and selling oranges and you can too.

Heidfeld:Probably the happiest guy on the grid. Has a new daughter, has a new contract, and is able to deliver exactly what Dr. Mario thinks he should deliver. Life is good.

Kubica: after letting Rosberg and Kovalainen by, and letting them stay in front of you...well, it's lucky for you that you already have papers for 2008. Unfortunately you made a big splash when you came into the game and rightly or wrongly, more is expected from you.

Schmacher (the lesser): Can you play an instrument? Let me give you Jenson's cell phone number...

Trulli: Get out now with a little pride, get up with Pino and together you'll become rich and famous beyond your wildest dreams as you dot the continent will "Trulli's Pizza" franchises.

Couthard: Every time you think this guy is done, he wanders in and scores a point. If you can keep finding people to pay you, stay in as long as you want.

Webber: will somebody please make his hydraulics bullet-proof so we can all see what he can do? It would be a shame to see him leave before seeing what he can do with a top, reliable car.

Rosberg: I know Sir Frank said he's not for sale but Sir Frank really meant you're going to have to dig deep. Here lately, Sir Frank has been doing better in the used driver sales business than he has in the race car business. You can bet a couple of team principals are checking to see how deep they can go to buy this lad.

Wurz: Just may have a ride next year, especially if Sir Frank sells Rosberg. If Sir Frank keeps him and gets a shot at a better or richer driver...well, hope you enjoyed your season in the sun.

Vettel: Theres bound to be a reason Dr. Mario gave you up without a fight and kept Heidfeld and Kubica. I wonder what it is? Maybe Dr. Mario is trying to buy Rosberg.

Sutil:Prompted the least important lap by lap comment on Formula 1 live today. Lap 54 "Sutil got off the track but is back on it now." Yawn. Oh good.

Yamamoto: You guys just don't get the Formula 1 kind of thing, do you?

Sato: See what I mean?

Davidson: Kind of like a Christmas toy. Was fun, exciting, and full of allure when new but has lost it's luster and is seldom thought about anymore. Testing is his life. Might look into NASCAR. Ol' Bubba has a soft spot for drivers with documented roadkill. Okay, it was just a groundhog, but he can work his way up from possums to armadillos and finally that number 1 prize, a whitetail deer. Sweet Home Alabama.

Liuzzi: Trulli and Pino are going to need a delivery guy.

Eki
26th August 2007, 18:38
Trulli: Get out now with a little pride, get up with Pino and together you'll become rich and famous beyond your wildest dreams as you dot the continent will "Trulli's Pizza" franchises.

Trulli could deliver the pizzas. "Get your pizza in 5 minutes or it's free". Pino microwaves his pizzas anyway, so Trulli will have good 4 minutes to deliver them.

ShiftingGears
27th August 2007, 07:44
I don't know how Webber would go in a top-tier car. He could probably bang it on pole, but whenever he qualifies highly he tends to choke. Lost a position to Raikkonen after nearly putting it in the wall at Monaco last year, I remember. And also went nowhere when he put his Jaguar on the front row at Malaysia a few years back. I don't think he's going to change teams.

schmenke
27th August 2007, 23:13
Well done Fiero! :up: :laugh:

tinchote
28th August 2007, 01:16
I disagree a little with the review, in the sense that several of the drivers driving bad cars could be decent/half-decent on a top team. But it is also true that these days either you go straight to the top, or you are done.

Hondo
28th August 2007, 01:23
I disagree a little with the review, in the sense that several of the drivers driving bad cars could be decent/half-decent on a top team. But it is also true that these days either you go straight to the top, or you are done.

You are correct, however, some of the drivers have had good cars and been with top teams and have been inconsistant at best.