PDA

View Full Version : top ten drivers

havk
25th August 2007, 16:39
As I fell bored sometimes I was wondering who are the best drivers of former communism countries. The list is only for fun.
This is what I think:

1. Kresta CZ former manufucturer driver, 8th in WRC 2005
2. Kopecky CZ impressive starts in WRC
3. Aava EE 2th in JWRC 2006
4. Kuzaj PL very fast, but often crashes, IMO he has his last 2-3 seasons to achieve sth special on international routes
5. Toth HUN don't know much of him because rarely start in international rallies but he is showing good pace in some IRC (Ypres, Barum) rounds this year
6. Iliev BG very fast on tarmac, still young
7. Prokop CZ good results in WRC
8. Pech CZ very fast on home routes
9. Nowikow RUS very young and already very fast (very impressive pace on Russia Rally), future WRC champion?
10.Beres Jr SK good starts in JWRC, 9th in Monte Carlo

There is no Markko Martin on the list - he suspended his starts. No doubt he's the best driver. I made list as objectively as I can (you see only one Polish driver), but it's confined to my knowledge - I don't know many about drivers from Romania, Slovenia, Lithuania etc. Making it I was considering speed (on different surfaces - first of all on international routes), titles and effectiveness. Of course there are many drivers which could be on the list but they aren't - Sebalj, Donchev, Dorosinski, Jereb, Kuchar, Solowow, Czopik, Grzyb. If you found it interesting write your list.

Michaeld
7th September 2007, 10:36
What about Janusz Kulig?

Jarek Z
7th September 2007, 22:19
Very interesting subject! In my opinion Holowczyc and Kulig should be in top 6.

And one more thing - why is Kuzaj higher than Iliev on your list?!

Mirek
8th September 2007, 00:21
I don't want to judge anyone but I think like Jarek that both Kulig and Holowczyc should be infront of Kuzaj. And I'm sure these two shouldn't be forgotten by You ;)

imprezarb5
8th September 2007, 07:33
Hello All!

I think that your lists are weighted to heavily on current "stars". In my opinion, one can't forget many of the drivers that really made a name for themselves in international competition in earlier epochs. Here is my list . . .

10) Marian Bublewicz

09) Janusz Kulig

08) Urmo Aava

07) Roman Kresta

06) Illia Czubrikow

05) Attila Ferjancz

04) Vladimir Hubacek

03) Krzysztof Holowczyc

02) Sobieslaw Zasada

01) Markko Martin

I would like to also name several that, in my humble opinion, just missed the cut . . . but who certainly could also be considered.

Blazej Krupa, Andrzej Jaroszewicz, Krzysztof Komornicki, Kec, Jelinek, Pech, Kopecky, Prokop, Illiev, Kuzaj, Vaclav Bobek, Kvaizar . . .

Take Care!
Szymon
USA/PL

havk
8th September 2007, 11:20
Thank You for your list imprezarb5.
Yes, the list is about current abilities of the drivers. That's why there is no Kulig and Holowczyc on the list. Holek starts in his home rally (very, very impressive starts) but it's hard to judge considering one rally. In 2001 season in PRC showed the classification of Polish drivers: Kulig, Holek, Kuzaj.

And one more thing - why is Kuzaj higher than Iliev on your list?!

Both are the best drivers in theirs countries but Kuzaj seems to be faster especially on gravel. Iliev is younger driver, more regular and I think in the future he could acheive more. I must say that I'm very disappointed by this year Kuzaj's starts but he often has bad season after good.

Jarek Z
9th September 2007, 18:36
I think that your lists are weighted to heavily on current "stars". In my opinion, one can't forget many of the drivers that really made a name for themselves in international competition in earlier epochs.

Thank you for your opinion, Szymon. Very nice list. But I wouldn't agree that Kresta can be behind Czubrikov and Ferjancz. I think that both Kresta and Aava should be in top 6.

imprezarb5
9th September 2007, 23:14
Thank you Jarek. I would agree with you. In fact, over the last two days I've been thinking about my list and came to conclusion that both Aava and Kresta (but especially Aava) were ranked too low.

Pozdrowienia z USA!
Szymon