PDA

View Full Version : oulton park gold cup

knewbold
25th August 2007, 11:21
quick question

although i know its in the wrong forum i needed a quick answer if possible

Im planning to take the missus to the oulton park bank holiday weekend - but i have a quick question

I have only ecently became interested in motor racing -going to a few btcc events

https://tickets.motorsportvision.co.uk/events/timetables/Oulton%20Park%20Gold%20Cup%20Timetable.pdf

that is the timetable of the weekend - what is each type of race? (type of car - much action etc)

the thing is I can only attend one day - which day is better?
the sunday has no qualifying - which isnt a bad thing as i want the missus to be entertained

can someone help me - as i cant find much on the net about this event

k

Allyc85
25th August 2007, 16:56
lol its a bit weird that theres qualifying on the second day and not the first!

Id go on the sunday if you want all day entertainment :)

knewbold
25th August 2007, 17:03
the thing is the first day has a lot of junior formula races - previously at btcc formula 3 bored me a little

i prefered things like clio cup etc#

any idea what the actual style of cars are - or where i can find out?

Allyc85
25th August 2007, 20:15
looks like most of them are single seaters from the 60s/70s and the rest being classic saloons, so not sure if itl be your thing.

I know id go, but thats not saying much lol

knewbold
25th August 2007, 20:50
saloons i dont mind

im not a fan of single seaters though

i guess i meant clio - IE not single seaters

jimmylad
28th August 2007, 20:58
The meeting is a great day out, and sunday and monday was my third year going to it. They always seem to find a good car to do a demo run. This year it was the bentley speed 8 le mans car, and i got to meet derek bell, absoulte legend. Last year they had a 2 seater Formula one car. I have to say my favourites r the gt cars and espically the touring cars. And lets not forget the group b rally cars.

ASCAR24/7/365.5
28th August 2007, 22:01
thought id add these interesting photos of a car from the formula 2 qualifying session...driver was A OK...and a very lucky boy

http://flickr.com/photos/12002224@N03/

jimmylad
29th August 2007, 15:00
That looks a big one, glad he was ok. Just shows how strong some of the older cars are.

Allyc85
29th August 2007, 16:24
ferkin hell, lucky dosnt come close to describing it! How did he manage it?

ASCAR24/7/365.5
4th September 2007, 19:00
just went straight on at the hairpin, either locked a brake or suspension failed, anyone who has spectated or marshalled at that point knows how little run off there is and how fast they come into the corner, although that type of accident hasnt happened or a very long time