PDA

View Full Version : David Richards still has time to think Subaru

A.F.F.
24th August 2007, 16:25
At the time of Rally Germany, MTV3 interviewed briefly David Richards. They asked how he sees Subaru's future and will it come back to the top. David said that Impreza is an evolution of a ten year old car. It's not a bad car but still outdated comparing to other cars. He thought that it's realistic to fight podium places still with this model but the victories are to be waited when they release their new car later on this year. Personally he isn't involved with the team at daily basis, hence, F1 project takes much of his time :rolleys:

Anyways, there's a splash of truth in his words and I do hope Subaru get their act together with the new model.

What do you think?

Daniel
24th August 2007, 16:27
Isn't the Impreza a 15 year old car if you dig deep down?

SubaruNorway
24th August 2007, 17:09
A post by Pekka Lundefaret, Hennings personal trainer says here that subaru has found a problem with the steel in the front of the car expands when it gets hot and change the suspension by 7mm on each side because the have used a to lite and soft steel, don't know what angel but it sounds a bit strange to me

24.08.2007 09:30:13
Da har de funnet feilen med Petter sin
bil.. han å Chris har jo ikke brukt
samme bil i Finland og Tyskland osv.

Bilen til Petter forandrer forstillingen
med 7 mm på begge sider når bilens temp
blir for høy, dette grunnet selve
metalle i chassi, da de har brukt et for
mykt metal, grunnet vekt osv.

Så vi skal nok få oss noen overaskelser
fremover...

Pekka.

Josti
24th August 2007, 17:27
Isn't the Impreza a 15 year old car if you dig deep down?

I guess the WRC version, altough todays WRC of Subaru is totally different from the first one. Other than the name, an evolution version..yeah right...

COD
24th August 2007, 18:02
A post by Pekka Lundefaret, Hennings personal trainer says here that subaru has found a problem with the steel in the front of the car expands when it gets hot and change the suspension by 7mm on each side because the have used a to lite and soft steel, don't know what angel but it sounds a bit strange to me

24.08.2007 09:30:13
Da har de funnet feilen med Petter sin
bil.. han å Chris har jo ikke brukt
samme bil i Finland og Tyskland osv.

Bilen til Petter forandrer forstillingen
med 7 mm på begge sider når bilens temp
blir for høy, dette grunnet selve
metalle i chassi, da de har brukt et for
mykt metal, grunnet vekt osv.

Så vi skal nok få oss noen overaskelser
fremover...

Pekka.

Could be, something happens with car for sure. Strange though, that it has not affected Chris... Bt the Norwegians seem allways have the dowgraded versions :D

A.F.F.
24th August 2007, 19:17
Or then again, it might just another of those Pekka-jokes Norwegians seem to favor ;)

Crank
24th August 2007, 19:53
I've always thought that the decline of Subaru was due more to the lack of power they were getting from their boxer engine. I though that they had huge problems with vibrations and so on, problems that you would not find on a inline-4 that the other teams are using.

If it was a steel problem could be easily fixed by finding an alloy capable to deal with this. Although if is the structure that is affected by this, and this structure can not be changed unless is homologated in the production Impreza, I guess they will have to wait until they change the homologation.

As for Mr. Richards time and his F1 project, I sincerely don't know how this affects the performance of the team as a whole.

N.O.T
24th August 2007, 20:23
well the focus is an 8 year old car yet it doesn't seem to be outdated.....what other car is there in subaru that it could be used as a rally car ??

A.F.F.
24th August 2007, 20:56
LINK: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/9/story.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10457465&ref=rss

More to see at Frankfurt Motor Show next month.

Koz
25th August 2007, 03:17
I've always thought that the decline of Subaru was due more to the lack of power they were getting from their boxer engine. I though that they had huge problems with vibrations and so on, problems that you would not find on a inline-4 that the other teams are using.

I dont think that at all. Subaru has never really had problems showing pace, they had problems not breaking down.