PDA

View Full Version : Referrals and Top Ten Posters

Hazell B
23rd December 2006, 18:48
On my profile it says 'Referrals 0'

What's that mean?

Also, on the members list, there's no longer a top poster down version. I get that there aren't post counts so much now, but is there a version of the membership list that is easier to use (heavy poster-wise) than A-Z?

Or am I just missing a really obvious 'top poster list' button on the screen? :mark:

Ian McC
23rd December 2006, 19:32
On my profile it says 'Referrals 0'

What's that mean?

Also, on the members list, there's no longer a top poster down version. I get that there aren't post counts so much now, but is there a version of the membership list that is easier to use (heavy poster-wise) than A-Z?

Or am I just missing a really obvious 'top poster list' button on the screen? :mark:

Just click on 'posts', that will put it in order :)

Dave B
24th December 2006, 14:24
You can also sort by rep, with some interesting results :eek:

Hazell B
24th December 2006, 21:30
I Knew I was being thick and missing an obvious pointer :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Hazell B
24th December 2006, 21:38
D'you know what I would love to see?

A list of how many lumps of rep, and their colour, members are sending out. Not to whom they send it, of course, just how much. It would make interesting reading, seeing who's being sad and sending off more hate than love :p :

Bezza
30th December 2006, 22:09
Amazingly I'm on the first page when sort by rep. Absurd!

However still don't understand because I only have 5 visible reps on my UserCP - two positive, two negative, one neutral (how?!). 2904 in total it says, how the hell? And I can't see them all? I'm confused.

Erki
31st December 2006, 00:29
What are those neutral reps?? Why give rep that is neutral? :s

Iain
31st December 2006, 01:35
Maybe someone who can't make their mind up. :crazy:

Mihai
31st December 2006, 10:58
Interesting feature... I have one negative, two positive and two neutral reps. :)

A.F.F.
31st December 2006, 11:09
From where do you guys see those features? I mean post count and reputation list ??

Then again, being as stupid as I am, I guess I'm not even worth seeing it :mark:

Erki
31st December 2006, 12:06
Referrals: how many people have joined the forum by your "invitation", there's a form to do it in registration form.

Daniel
31st December 2006, 12:29
From where do you guys see those features? I mean post count and reputation list ??

Then again, being as stupid as I am, I guess I'm not even worth seeing it :mark:
It's only open to people who don't own Skoda's :mark:

A.F.F.
31st December 2006, 13:09
I knew it :mad:

Well, me and Paasonen have a quite jolly forum for ourselves. Others can **** off .

DonJippo
31st December 2006, 16:34
I knew it :mad:

Well, me and Paasonen have a quite jolly forum for ourselves. Others can **** off .

Being a New Year and all I bet Paasonen is pretty jolly person at the moment ;)

Hazell B
31st December 2006, 18:57

Click on members at the top of the page and then either posts or reputation at the top of the member list. I only know now I've had it explained :p :

Erki - re referrals. Thanks. I was wondering ......

jso1985
31st December 2006, 22:08
how do hell do you give neutral rep?? :s

Daniel
31st December 2006, 23:44
I think it shows up as a grey box if the person doesn't have much rep :)

Drew
1st January 2007, 03:30
Does it work like:

The more rep you have, the stronger the rep you can give?

Daniel
1st January 2007, 18:39
Yes

Hazell B
1st January 2007, 20:06
That can't be right - we all started with none, so where's it come from in the first place? :confused:

If there's a limited amount of rep, and it's so limited that only a few people have some available, how is it supposed to work it's way fairly around? I could just hoard all mine and never share in that case, which isn't exactly a good system.

Hazell B
1st January 2007, 20:12
On second thoughts, I've just tried sending neutral and failed, so perhaps the Daniel theory is right after all.

Just hope the ones with plenty aren't total t***s who refuse to share :s

EuroTroll
1st January 2007, 20:35
That can't be right - we all started with none, so where's it come from in the first place? :confused:

Now that's a question for the Metaphysics Forum! :D

Hazell B
1st January 2007, 20:42
Can't we just call it a chicken and egg forum? :p :

EuroTroll
1st January 2007, 20:49
No, I'm afraid not. :p :

agwiii
12th January 2007, 18:37
On second thoughts, I've just tried sending neutral and failed, so perhaps the Daniel theory is right after all.

Hazell B: When I click on the give reputation icon, I have two option: approve and disapprove. There does not appear to be a neutral.

schmenke
12th January 2007, 20:44
Yeah, I too am confused. Although I have received neutral rep, I have no idea how to give it :mark:

RaceFanStan
12th January 2007, 20:48

If there's a limited amount of rep, and it's so limited that only a few people have some available, how is it supposed to work it's way fairly around? I could just hoard all mine and never share in that case, which isn't exactly a good system.
If I understand it correctly ...
a person can give good rep but it doesn't take away from what they have accumulated ...
once you get it is yours UNLESS someone with lots of rep gives you bad rep, then it will reduce your quantity ...
it seems the more good rep a person has, the more valuable good rep from them is ...
if that person with a big quantity of good rep gives bad rep, the bad rep will be bigger too. :eek:

RaceFanStan
12th January 2007, 20:51
As to the neutral rep I'm not clear on that at all.
Even if it comes from someone with very little rep it should be worth something ...
don't you think ?

Hazell B
13th January 2007, 00:21
Masses of members have no rep at all, so I thought they'd be the ones who can't send anything but neutral. Maybe I'm wrong.

RaceFanStan
13th January 2007, 07:18
That makes sense to me Hazell. :D

Mark in Oshawa
13th January 2007, 09:27
I have a TERRIBLE Rep according to the point. IT seems I pissed off a couple of idiots, and they went to town on me. Now I am coming back so I have no idea, maybe by the next time I check I will be back up again? Who knows?

janneppi
13th January 2007, 09:37
Or could it be that you've complained about it so loudly that people give you positive rep out of pity ? ;)

A.F.F.
13th January 2007, 09:41
Or could it be that you've complained about it so loudly that people give you positive rep out of pity ? ;)

It worked for me ;) :p :

Hazell B
13th January 2007, 16:14
That makes sense to me Hazell. :D

I've also realised that those in the red can only give neutral if they wish to give green. I'm guessing they can give red, given that some of the people in the red have said they've given red.

Daniel
13th January 2007, 17:32
It worked for me ;) :p :
The whiney wheel gets the grease? :p

Mark in Oshawa
13th January 2007, 19:55
I just wanted to expose the practice of slagging people for what it was. I had a green rating last month. I had one last week or so, and all the sudden I was 4200 points in the hole. Now It matters for nothing, it is childish. I just wanted to point out we have a few people in this forum that take this seriously, and they seriously want you to kiss their tushy in opinion.

In short, after this post, I drop the subject entirely, for I made my point.....

Mark in Oshawa
13th January 2007, 19:56

There is some around, you would be shocked at the feedback I have gotten....
All positive

agwiii
13th January 2007, 20:10
There is some around, you would be shocked at the feedback I have gotten. ... All positive

I think the rep system is a sham. I looked at someone's profile to see their reputation. I posted a positive and nothing changed. It's less than nothing.

Hazell B
13th January 2007, 20:53
Agwiii, their points will have gone up, but you can't see that. Mark said he was making the points slower so that green may not appear to have gone up but the points certainly will have. Ask somebody their points before you offer them rep next time, I guess you could work it out from there.

agwiii
15th January 2007, 01:15
Agwiii, their points will have gone up, but you can't see that. Mark said he was making the points slower so that green may not appear to have gone up but the points certainly will have. Ask somebody their points before you offer them rep next time, I guess you could work it out from there.

Thanks Hazell B!

harsha
27th January 2007, 04:24
maybe the rep thing is related to post count,members with more posts can have a larger rep power... :confused:

Hazell B
27th January 2007, 17:18
maybe the rep thing is related to post count,members with more posts can have a larger rep power... :confused:

This has already been posted in the rep thread, but as I can't be bothered looking for it, I'll try explain again here. Daniel was (if I remember right) the one to work it out.

If you've got loads of positive rep you have more power to send larger positive and negative to people. If you have low rep, you can only send small amounts. If you have red rep only, you can send red or neutral only.

RaceFanStan
27th January 2007, 19:36
You explained it very well Hazell. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/thum/ua.gif

Erki
27th January 2007, 19:52
I don't think those who have all red can not send green. It would be weird if they could send red too, that would mean rep abusers can abuse and abuse and abuse no matter how much rep they have. My guess is that those with über low rep can only send out green and red goes to neutral. Is there really a "natural" way of sending neutral rep? What would be the point of it?

donKey jote
27th January 2007, 20:03
If you've got loads of positive rep you have more power to send larger positive and negative to people. If you have low rep, you can only send small amounts. If you have red rep only, you can send red or neutral only.

Say I got fed some anonymous red rep worth ~2000 pts, and then some signed green rep worth ~1500 pts...
would that mean the anonymous red repper had more rep than the green repper?
If so, it would narrow the anonymous red repper down to 10 :p :

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Hazell B
28th January 2007, 00:54
No donks, I'm sure I could send as many points of red as green - though I won't send red so can't find out. Maybe the whole thing I said before is wrong, I'm just going by what the original theory was.