PDA

View Full Version : Drivers out next year?

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 15:43
OK, I think Fisi and Wurtz

Kevincal
23rd August 2007, 16:34
Well Alonso will be out of McLaren, probably... :P

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 16:43
Well Alonso will be out of McLaren, probably... :P

:laugh: we'll see, we'll see.

Ralf was the easy choice but I'm bored and speculating ;)

tinchote
23rd August 2007, 17:06
:laugh: we'll see, we'll see.

Ralf was the easy choice but I'm bored and speculating ;)

Somehow I think that we'll see RS in the grid next year. So I agree with your choices, and I would add Liuzzi.

Kevincal
23rd August 2007, 18:26
Ralf has been improving a lot lately it seems. Probably cus he knew his F1 career would be over if he didn't start really improving... :P

ioan
23rd August 2007, 19:02
Interesting that Ralf improved as soon as the Toyota started to improve too. It sure means something. ;)

tinchote
23rd August 2007, 20:21
Interesting that Ralf improved as soon as the Toyota started to improve too. It sure means something. ;)

For sure it means something, the question is what :laugh:

luvracin
23rd August 2007, 21:22
Liuzzi :p :

schmenke
23rd August 2007, 21:35
Speed :p :

jens
23rd August 2007, 21:52

Some people have mentioned Toyota's improvement during this season, but I really wouldn't say so. They have been more or less the same for the whole year. Trulli has qualified into Top10 in every GP except Monaco and the highest quali position is 6th - I think that shows a lot of consistency. And already in the first races (especially in Bahrain and maybe Spain) Toyota showed speed to fight for next positions after the first three teams. They just lack of reliability and wise decisions in strategy to score points consistently. Somehow Hungary happened to be a race, where the cars didn't blow up and one of them even scored points, so that made them to look like improved... But I won't be surprised if both cars brake down again in Turkey. Improvement? Don't think so...

Oh... and about the topic I have really nothing new to mention. Besides Fisichella (recently being outperformed by his rookie team-mate does not make any favours to him), Wurz (good points, but consistent lack of speed doesn't help him either), Schumacher (although recent performances may help him, but Toyota at least looks still unconvinced) and Liuzzi (he still has some slim chances of getting to Williams) I'd add... Yamamoto! :p :

keysersoze
24th August 2007, 03:36
Admittedly, things aren't looking too promising for the Fish to stay at Renault, but he did qualify a legitimate 8th at the last GP (unlike Alonso's pole, which was the result of an unsporting move against a pole rival), and out-quicked his teammate.

The stewards took it away, but make no mistake, he got the upper hand on Heike. The problem was exacerbated for Giancarlo by being unable to change his fuel strategy. If he would've been able to choose his fuel level like everyone else who lined up 11th and beyond, he would've had a much better chance to make the points. His race was doomed before it started, all because he held up a no-hoper in Yamamoto.

The good thing for the Fish is that Flavio is his manager--probably why Briatore typically speaks well of GF. He should land somewhere. Williams is the rumor if Renault opts for the unproven Piquet, but Prodrive might be in the frame as well.

wmcot
24th August 2007, 08:37
Ralf unless he's willing to take a big pay cut from Toyota - perhaps a pay rate based on performance???

ArrowsFA1
24th August 2007, 10:50
Liuzzi :p :

"For sure at the moment everything is in standby as I think Alonso will move all the field," Liuzzi told reporters in Istanbul.
"It is normal, he is the world champion and he is the man of the market. It seems like that anyway, although I don't know if it is true or not.
"So everybody is a bit on standby. My position is moving forwards and I think I have got a quite a good chance for the future."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61701

quigs
24th August 2007, 12:22
Mark Webber, sorry to say...

GQ

Ranger
24th August 2007, 12:51

GQ

Already contracted!

I'm not so sure about Fisichella's hopes. I'd like to see Wurz next year, but fact is that most of the time he's no match for Rosberg. Liuzzi isn't likely either. $$$ will decide Spyker's seats.

I wouldn't bet against someone like Sutil nabbing a test role for a team considerably better than Spyker. That would free up a Spyker seat for the willing with cash.

Apparently Toyota still aren't too happy with Ralf, so he might surface elsewhere down the field or be out of F1 altogether is he doesn't re-sign with Toyota.

Rudy Tamasz
24th August 2007, 12:52

GQ

That would be sad. He is an honest guy with a solid working ethic. He is fast, too, but doesn't seem to get the results in the end of the day...

If it happens, I hope his racing career isn't over, there's plenty other forms of racing.

555-04Q2
24th August 2007, 15:42
Kimi will be fired for slacking, Alonso will go back to Renault and give them a resurgence, Wurz will finally be given the boot, Ralfie will be shot for being so useless, Trulli will get the empty Ferrari seat because pino asked for it, Ron Dennis will retire with his two new titles, Schumacher will take over the F1 Ferrari Racing Team, Mad Max will cop it down a flight of stairs, ArrowsFA1 will reveal his real reason for his retirement as a Mod is because he is actually Ricardo Patrese in disguise, Prost will take over Wurz's race seat and we will actually see overtaking next year.

Blimey I think I've gone mad :(

wedge
24th August 2007, 15:57
The good thing for the Fish is that Flavio is his manager--probably why Briatore typically speaks well of GF. He should land somewhere. Williams is the rumor if Renault opts for the unproven Piquet, but Prodrive might be in the frame as well.

No he's not. Fisi fell out with Flav when he was dropped to Jordan in 2003 when Flav gave the Renault seat to Alonso and Trulli - both managed by Flav at the beginning of that season.

gm99
24th August 2007, 17:04
No he's not. Fisi fell out with Flav when he was dropped to Jordan in 2003 when Flav gave the Renault seat to Alonso and Trulli - both managed by Flav at the beginning of that season.

You're right, Fisi is now managed by Enrico Zanarini (who I believe is also part-owner of Fisichella Motor Sport).

Crank
24th August 2007, 19:22
You guys are forgetting that 3 more seats will be available next year, which will probably make difficult for some drivers to be without a drive next year. I think Ralf and Fisico are the first choices, the latter to be replaced by Nelsinho (in which case I would think that finally Flav went mad).

More than the probability of Alonso leaving McLaren or not, is the direction Prix wants to take the Prodrive team what will decide the driver market for next year.

markabilly
24th August 2007, 19:45
Kimi will be fired for slacking, Alonso will go back to Renault and give them a resurgence, Wurz will finally be given the boot, Ralfie will be shot for being so useless, Trulli will get the empty Ferrari seat because pino asked for it, Ron Dennis will retire with his two new titles, Schumacher will take over the F1 Ferrari Racing Team, Mad Max will cop it down a flight of stairs, ArrowsFA1 will reveal his real reason for his retirement as a Mod is because he is actually Ricardo Patrese in disguise, Prost will take over Wurz's race seat and we will actually see overtaking next year.

Blimey I think I've gone mad :(

Naw, no way you have gone mad sounds very logical, now if you said Torro rossi would win a race....get the restraints out now and check yourself in

keysersoze
25th August 2007, 00:16

Well, OK, I stand corrected. :eek: