PDA

View Full Version : Car Racing starter ideas

ShaneCRF
23rd August 2007, 00:50
Looking for inspiration people...

Tried racing Minis on small ovals as a kid, but due to financial reasons couldnt continue, so didnt do anything for years. Nowadays i started racing Motocross again and enjoy that but not as much as i like slinging a car around. So rather than kill myself on the road, i figure i'd try some car racing, full circuit stuff, and been looking into Ards course etc.

As for the important stuff, like getting a car, which series etc, i havent really found much useful yet, so im after any advice, peoples experiences, links to helpful websites etc. Assume for the moment that its Clubman stuff, but if anyone can give approx costs on seasons budgets in various formula's, that would be great.

Thanx...Shane

ASCAR24/7/365.5
23rd August 2007, 15:44
another couple of sports to look at is drag racing or hill climbing. i curently drag race a legend and im having great fun....its really addictive and cheap in comparison to circuit racing. you can start off witha road car and build yourself up or go all out for a race car if youve got the cash, theres classes for virtually everything. same goes for hillclimbing theres corners but noone to run into you!