PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking forward to most next year?

Plato 4 Title
23rd December 2006, 14:19
well its just over a week till the new year and i wondered what people are most looking forward to next year. For me, le mans 24 hours and my skiing holiday! Cant wait! oh yeh and obviously seeing Jason Plato win the BTCC!

grassrootsracer
23rd December 2006, 16:18
Formula SAE competition
summer internship

Hazell B
23rd December 2006, 18:10
I was looking forward to taking over a friend's business when he retires, but as he's done poorly in sales for the past month I'm wondering if I should or not.

So now I'm half looking forward to making good money every sunday from his business, half looking forward to not having to get up quite so early every sunday to run his business :p : Either way, there's something nice to look forward to!

2007 has some great films due out, some GP teams on the up I hope and good BTCC assured. Reason enough to look forward to the whole year :)

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 18:17
BTCC, WTCC, STCC, WRC, UKDC (UK Drift Championship) and EDC (European Drift Championship). Autosport I am hopefully getting to - I want to see the new Vauxhall BTCC car, a load of drift cars and a load of rally cars. http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/cool11.gif

Ian McC
23rd December 2006, 18:17
Rammstein back on tour would be great :D :s mokin:

stevie_gerrard
23rd December 2006, 18:24
England winning the Cricket and rugby World Cup
Jenson Button becoming F1 Champion
Wolves getting Promoted

:laugh:

jso1985
23rd December 2006, 18:54
Another great motorsport season
what Uni is gonna bring me
Bolivia winning the Copa América :D :D

ian959
25th December 2006, 01:13
England winning the Cricket and rugby World Cup
Jenson Button becoming F1 Champion
Wolves getting Promoted

:laugh:

You ought to put a fiver on that - could be worth a multi-millions on the payout...

Especially the Wolves bit...

Another suffering Wolves fan. Every year it is the same thing I look forward to - seeing Wolves play in the Premier League. I suppose I should be grateful it happened once though.

As for anything else: looking forward to cutting back on my motorsport officiating commitments, after hitting 50 events for 2006. Trouble is the draft calendar for 2007 sees fifty three events appearing on the schedule :\

Christina
25th December 2006, 07:00
I'm looking forward to an entire year of not working in retail! it's going to be brilliant! i am also looking forward hopefully to a return to finland for more WRC action and my first hanggliding competition.

jens
25th December 2006, 14:25
I'm looking forward to stay alive and find a job. :D

grassrootsracer
25th December 2006, 15:31
Moving in with my girlfriend
Motec classes in March
Pretty much all the racing going on

stevie_gerrard
26th December 2006, 15:45
You ought to put a fiver on that - could be worth a multi-millions on the payout...

Especially the Wolves bit...

Another suffering Wolves fan.

Yup :p : Aint is brilliant :p :

But seriously, we all have to keep a bit of faith from time to time, the impossible might just happen :)

Sleeper
26th December 2006, 17:28
The new motorsport season, all of it.

Hopefully joining a band sometime in the year.

Uni

New Marillion, Dream Theater and Van Der Graaf Generator albums.

harvick#1
26th December 2006, 17:45
getting a full time job, auto-racing and only 2 more years of Bush in office

Sulland
26th December 2006, 19:15
To follow the Solberg Bros on more or less equal terms... (no quite, but the closest in years)
And to follow the first IRC.

Hopefully also a good fight or two in F1, but looking more to 2008 here.
Lastely to follow Rossi in his last Moto GP season before he changes to 4 wheels !

Erki
27th December 2006, 06:05
Hey, there's still five days of 2006 left! There's plenty to look forward to these days.

ST205GT4
28th December 2006, 01:17
Starting the motorkhana series I've entered for next year.
Multiple track days.
Setting my car up for said events.
Ermm...

Daniel
28th December 2006, 01:35
Starting the motorkhana series I've entered for next year.
Multiple track days.
Setting my car up for said events.
Ermm...
You might see a friend of mine in his Twin turbo legacy wagon depending on what motorkhana's you're doing :)

ST205GT4
28th December 2006, 03:04
You might see a friend of mine in his Twin turbo legacy wagon depending on what motorkhana's you're doing :)

Doing the MaxAction series at Belmont, but may try and sign up for the AHG ones as well.

Mickey T
28th December 2006, 05:16
a 5-0 ashes result

millencolin
28th December 2006, 06:28
a 5-0 ashes result

thats looking more and more likely every session :p :

motorsport wise, i am really looking forward to the Champcar season. Brand new car, new events Will Power on the up... bring it on

Football wise, well, this year was the perfect year, lets see how well next year can be (although i dont think it will be)... Brisbane winning the premiership, Queensland winning the origin and Australia winning the tri nations, perfect....

im looking forward to my holiday in february. hiring a beach house at byron bay with me mates, cant wait...

i have my 21st birthday this year, that should be big

what i am not looking forward to those is an Australian Cricket team without the dynamic duo of ShaneWarne and Glenn Mcgrath!!! its unimaginable!!!

raybak
28th December 2006, 07:30
Looking forward to trying to better my 24 events competed in this year. Dunno how i'm going to do it, might have to do that ARC, NSWRC, Vic Series and ACT series plus the tarmac stuff. Also need to win lotto to pay for it all. One change is that I'm driving this year instead of codriving. We are running a 2 car team for most of the year.

Watch for my land speed record attempt in March, should be fun if i break 130mph in the Charade it might scare a few people :)

Ray