PDA

View Full Version : James Kaye

BTCC2
22nd August 2007, 18:42
Reports in MN suggest that he will be out before the end of the season in preperation for a full campaign in 2008.

Hope he comes back I have missed him!!

VkmSpouge
22nd August 2007, 19:37
Out before the end of the season in what? In the BTCC? In Britcar? In British GT? Also which team and car?

Alfa Fan
22nd August 2007, 19:57
BTCC, hence it's in the touring car forum :)

Allyc85
22nd August 2007, 21:19
im guessing a civic after what I saw a couple months back. ;)

Alfa Fan
22nd August 2007, 21:25
There was a website with pictures of a new-shape Civic in build, but I think it was Production-spec, not S2000?

Allyc85
22nd August 2007, 21:33
yep thats what I saw, I wonder if they had a change of plan? I Hope so!

Iain
22nd August 2007, 22:48
Who says it's with Synchro? He says he has exciting plans for 2008, could it be the Integra that has been sold by Dynamics recently?

MG2004
23rd August 2007, 13:29
Bet TD wish they'd not sold that Integra now - Matt could have driven it at Knockhill!

After all, he can't win the outright championship now, so what difference does it make if he is out in a BTC spec car or an S2000 one? He could still have scored points in the Integra for the team and driver championships and they wouldn't have the rush to build another civic for Matt.

cos
23rd August 2007, 13:45
Bet TD wish they'd not sold that Integra now - Matt could have driven it at Knockhill!

After all, he can't win the outright championship now, so what difference does it make if he is out in a BTC spec car or an S2000 one? He could still have scored points in the Integra for the team and driver championships and they wouldn't have the rush to build another civic for Matt.

According to Gow, any points he scored in a BTC-spec car wouldn't be counted towards the overall drivers' title (link (http://btcc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3659)), but presumably they would accrue towards team points.

mattie007
23rd August 2007, 23:18
According to Gow, any points he scored in a BTC-spec car wouldn't be counted towards the overall drivers' title (link (http://btcc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3659)), but presumably they would accrue towards team points.

Does that mean if Jordan had one at Brands he would only of got 10 indy points?

I still can't see how this works because Jordan has been scoring top points all year for the main championship! Maybe its me getting confused again!

Im sure I saw a pic of Kayes Civic in a eally deep red colour. I'll try and find it.

peewhee
23rd August 2007, 23:25
Does that mean if Jordan had one at Brands he would only of got 10 indy points?

I still can't see how this works because Jordan has been scoring top points all year for the main championship! Maybe its me getting confused again!

Yes you are!

It is really simple... Drivers of BTC spec cars only score points in the Independents Teams and Drivers Championship's!
They do not score points in the main Drivers Championship...

Alfa Fan
24th August 2007, 00:20
Actually, they do. They're just ignored when it comes to the awarding of the BTCC driver's title & team's title :)

peewhee
24th August 2007, 00:27
Actually, they do. They're just ignored when it comes to the awarding of the BTCC driver's title & team's title :)

Sorry... Yes you are right.. They do score points. But they do not count towards the main drivers championship.

MG2004
24th August 2007, 22:54
Sorry... Yes you are right.. They do score points. But they do not count towards the main drivers championship.

Simple, isn't it ?!?

mattie007
25th August 2007, 21:37
Lol!
Seems like Im not the only one who hasn't quite grasped it!
It would only be affected if the BTC driver was in the running for the main title then?