PDA

View Full Version : Marsh Quits BTCC

Alfa Fan
22nd August 2007, 13:08
A-Tech Racing driver Richard Marsh will quit the British Touring Car Championship at the end of the current season.

In 2008 Marsh plans to partner Gary Ayles in an A-Tech Racing run Ferrari 430 in the British GT Championship.

Dave Pinkney will remain in the BTCC, with A-Tech, and the team is searching for another driver to take Marsh's place. (Eoin Murray please!)

VkmSpouge
22nd August 2007, 14:19
So basically A-Tech are expanding their operations to include the British GTs. Hopefully A-Tech will fill that second Alfa seat for next season. Also wish Richard Marsh the best of luck in the GTs.

VXRDartford
22nd August 2007, 14:20
Lets hope they get a driver who can fulfill the alfa's potential (Eion Murray would be great but that might mean 1 less driver on the grid) no disrespect to marsh, as I was one of the people sticking up for him when people were saying at the beginning of the season that he was not very good, but he has not managed to get the alfa to perform to its best

AlexD
22nd August 2007, 17:57
Thommo! ;) He'll probably stay with N-Technology though I guess...

reidy_fan
22nd August 2007, 18:58
would say it would have to be a driver with £££ but ideally someone young, perhaps previous BTCC experience. Stefan Hodgetts perhaps or ideally someone that has done the support race apprenticeship

Pedalpusher
22nd August 2007, 19:58
Stefan Hodgetts perhaps or ideally someone that has done the support race apprenticeship

Hodgetts is a good shout. Also I'd like to see Paul Rivett get a chance in the BTCC.

MBailey06
22nd August 2007, 20:50
I think Martin Byford deserves to be in the BTCC because of his sheer consistency in the Clios.

Allyc85
22nd August 2007, 21:13
ah well no big deal, the Alfa needs a decent driver n I really hope its Murray

VkmSpouge
22nd August 2007, 22:18
I don't see why Murray would join A-Tech, if he has the money he'll probably continue with Quest Racing.

taffy
24th August 2007, 10:01
What about Ed Pead?? Did`nt he have a BTCC test at the end of last season? But have to agree both Rivett and Byford would be welcome additions to the BTCC grid, along with Adam from SCC.