PDA

View Full Version : WTCC Brands Hatch race

Subaru WRX
22nd August 2007, 09:33
I have a question, could we see some of the top BTCC teams racing at Brands Hatch when the WTCC will come there ?
after all both are S2000 :)

cos
22nd August 2007, 11:06
Dick Bennetts said Team RAC might race, but that was in an interview a few months ago now. I imagine the teams will check how their budgets are looking after Knockhill and see if it's worth doing.

SEATFreak
22nd August 2007, 16:45
Sorry if it makes me look thick or plain slow to realise but I didn't know it was even possible!! :eek:

I know GR Asia run in both the BTCC and WTCC but not in the same way Team RAC may do at Brands Hatch in the WTCC. As far as I know it is people from the WTCC team but not the entire team lock stock and barrell. It isn't Emmett O'Brien, Tom Coronel and Maurizio Cressoli running in the BTCC. It isn't SEAT-Holland preparing Adam Jones' Toledo and/or Gavin Smith's Leon.

It astounds me the amount of stuff that is possible to happen in touring car racing. It seems anything is possible.

Is there anything that isn't possible to happen in touring car racing?

Iain
22nd August 2007, 22:14
How is it not possible? Have you not noticed the guest cars in the WTCC this year, such as the Volvo in Sweden?

SEATFreak
23rd August 2007, 13:24
How is it not possible?

I didn't know it was possible. I didn't say it wasn't possible.

Have you not noticed the guest cars in the WTCC this year, such as the Volvo in Sweden?

Good point.

But I think at the time of their arrival, like with Golden Motors and Russian Bears Motorsport from the RTCC, it never really occoured to me at the time that they were entering because it was possible for teams from a series to enter another. I saw them as simply another team contesting a WTCC meeting

But I am actually looking forward to the future of the BTCC if the posibility of WTCC teams contesting BTCC rounds is there as much as BTCC teams contesting WTCC rounds. Obviously SEAT and Chevy couldn't enter for obvious reasons. Chevy aleady have a fellow GM owned company in the BTCC and SEAT already have a factory team in the series.

But do you think, or not, this switch could benifit the BTCC more than the WTCC? How would WSR do in the WTCC compared to say Exagon in the BTCC.

Subaru WRX
23rd August 2007, 21:23
not only Volvo from the STCCn but also some other teams, Chevrolet customer team Maurer Motorsport done many WTCC from the German ADAC Procar S2000, also 2 Hondas Accord from the Russian touring car, the only country that not have teams wanting to do WTCC appearences is...Britain, I necer saw a single british team from BTCC doing world races :confused:

SEATFreak
24th August 2007, 08:42
also 2 Hondas Accord from the Russian touring car,...

Golden Motors; raced by Alexander Lvov and Andrey Smetsky. But their is also we all remember Russian Bears Motorsport who did Zandvoort and Valencia in BMW 320i's with Lev Fridman, Evgeny Zelanov and Viktor Shapovalov and basically was never seen again.

But I think I don't really constitute one meeting doing the WTCC/STCC/RTCC etc,. If I was a team boss I would seriously consider how much I would really learn from the series by doing only one meeting. I think I would have to notify whomever, or alternatively do whatever I would have to do, to notify my intentions in terms of time racing and say I am doing say three meetings.

Iain
24th August 2007, 16:00
For those of us who don't speak fluent SEATFreak - pardon? :mark:

SEATFreak
24th August 2007, 17:36
If that was your brand of humour please say so - I will understand.

But otherwise I would respect you a whole lot more and I would appreciate it far far more if you didn't reply all the time to me with sarcasm. Do you think I deserve it? And if so I would be facinated to know why?

I would also be far more appreciative if you tried saying saying to me, in cases where you don't understand something I said, "Could you please repeat what you just said SEATFreak? I didn't quite understand it.".

Could I ask as a matter of interest, do you talk to everyone like that?

In closing I hope you don't throw my words back in my face as you have done once before. I didn't verbally harange you. I considered every word and tried to be very respectful of you. I just wished you proved your nature can do the same to me.

tisme
24th August 2007, 19:27
But I think I don't really constitute one meeting doing the WTCC/STCC/RTCC etc,. If I was a team boss I would seriously consider how much I would really learn from the series by doing only one meeting. I think I would have to notify whomever, or alternatively do whatever I would have to do, to notify my intentions in terms of time racing and say I am doing say three meetings.

I agree with Iain.. can you translate this please?

SEATFreak
24th August 2007, 19:30
I agree with Iain.. can you translate this please?

Put to me like that? No.

Alfa Fan
24th August 2007, 19:38
Put to me like that? No.

You just don't realise how politely people reply to you on this forum!

Most people would just tell you to piss off.

Funks
24th August 2007, 19:39
Could I ask as a matter of interest, do you talk to everyone like that?

No. Tends just to be the ones whom can't be understood.

As you didn't seem to be able to communciate it effectively, the first part of what you posted translates as 'competing in a one off event does not constitute taking part in a series'.

As for the rest of it - I have neither the time or inclination to bother understanding.

bt52b
24th August 2007, 20:23

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I honestly haven't a clue what that means.

peewhee
24th August 2007, 21:46
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I honestly haven't a clue what that means.

From Seatfreaks replies... I don't think you are supposed too!

SEATFreak
25th August 2007, 09:06
OK! :uhoh:

I will go through it carefully.

Imagine I am a Team Principal in the WTCC. I would have personal doubts about how much I would learn from the WTCC by doing only one round. In order for me to learn more about what it takes to be a top team I would have to enter my team in more rounds.

For those that struggled I am not really a Team Principal. I am only one to illustrate an opinion. When I say "Personal doubts" I simply mean I wouldn't be so sure. And what I wouldn't be so sure about is what I would learn - gain knowledge of - by doing only one round of the WTCC. In order to learn more about what it takes to be a top team I would have to do more - rounds of races.

m0rk
25th August 2007, 09:41
I am not really a Team Principal.

Get away..... :D

what I would learn - gain knowledge of - by doing only one round of the WTCC. In order to learn more about what it takes to be a top team I would have to do more - rounds of races.

I guess you'd learn that you had the ability to run in WTCC in the future, both in drivers, ability to set the car up on new tyres, adapt to a new circuit quickly etc

Would be ace to see SEAT Sport UK there, but they'd need to buy a couple of flat floors, and set the car up to them, and set it up to the new tyres too

SEATFreak
25th August 2007, 10:35
I guess you'd learn that you had the ability to run in WTCC in the future, both in drivers, ability to set the car up on new tyres, adapt to a new circuit quickly etc

FINALLY!!!! Well done and top marks to you m0rk :) :up:

Iain, Funks, Alfa Fan, bt52b and peewhee all failed abysmally to do what you what you did. They all could learn something from you.

That is EXACTLY another way of putting what I said. I don't think I would feel I would be able to learn how to run my team at a high standard in the WTCC within the space of one meeting. If it was just to get a sample of life in the WTCC then I would do only the one.

I don't know what teams like TFS-Yaco Racing, Elgh Motorsport and Polestar Racing realy got out of the round they did but I am thinking we will certainly not see them do a full season next year.

I would also love to see SEATSport in the WTCC. But how would two factory SEAT teams work? Then again theirs 3 factory BMW teams. Schnitzer, RBM and ROAL.

Dave B
25th August 2007, 12:33
Of course there's only so much you can learn from a limited race programme, but it's still better than doing nothing. I'm sure many teams would like to enter more rounds, but budget or other committments preclude them from doing so.

m0rk
25th August 2007, 13:06
I would also love to see SEATSport in the WTCC. But how would two factory SEAT teams work? Then again theirs 3 factory BMW teams. Schnitzer, RBM and ROAL.

Although last year they fielded 6 cars, there were only '2' per team

SEAT Spain, Oreca (Fr) and one other, but I can't remember who - maybe the Italian outfit.

I guess Oreca are still running some cars though, as they're doing the engines for all the petrol cars at the moment.

Iain
25th August 2007, 15:36
For those that struggled I am not really a Team Principal.

And I thought you were Scott Dennis in disguise....... ;)

Most of the guest entries probably take part just for the experience more than anything. With the exception of Dahlgren, none of them have been quick enough to trouble the frontrunners. Be interesting to see if anyone appears at Brands though, I wonder what sort of encouragement the WTCC organisers give to non-WTCC teams to enter for a one off.

Drew
26th August 2007, 19:56
Iain, Funks, Alfa Fan, bt52b and peewhee all failed abysmally to do what you what you did. They all could learn something from you.

I guess do onto others as you would wish them do onto you, flew right out the window then.

Don't forget there is a bit more publicity too for the team :)

Subaru WRX
27th August 2007, 14:02
SEAT Spain, Oreca (Fr) and one other, but I can't remember who - maybe the Italian outfit.

I think its Hexagone, running the Leon of Corthals, with the Monreo livery !

SEATFreak
27th August 2007, 14:57
I think its Hexagone, running the Leon of Corthals, with the Monreo livery !

It's funny little mistakes like that, that make the world a whole lot happier and brighter! :)

It is Exagon - unless they have been cursed! :)

I think it is also Exagon that ran the Leon of Anthony Beltoise in Pau and Louis Pedro Maghales at Porto.

Subaru WRX
28th August 2007, 11:51
It's funny little mistakes like that, that make the world a whole lot happier and brighter! :)

It is Exagon - unless they have been cursed! :)
:D

I think it is also Exagon that ran the Leon of Anthony Beltoise in Pau and Louis Pedro Maghales at Porto.
Yes exactly, its them !