PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy for real?

Zico
21st August 2007, 23:43
I was sent this link by a furious friend of mine, Im still unsure if this "pastor" is mad or its supposed to be a parody.. but then parodies are supposed to be funny right?

"A White Feather For The Cowardly British…
Fellow Brownbackers,

Just when you thought the simpering, flouncing, kilt-wearing British people couldn’t get any worse; they do something that exposes them for the effeminate, Jesus-hating Shakespeare-quoters they truly are.

I speak of course of the news that the Brits have decided to run away from Iraq. Yes, that’s right. As America’s mission to bring the Word of Christ to the islamofascists turns a corner, surges and heads steadily towards victory, our limey “allies” are turning tail and mincing back to their land of bad teeth, cross-dressing and blood pudding. The Scotsman newspaper today reports:

“Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, will make a statement on the British presence in Iraq in October. MPs and officers alike expect him to begin Britain’s final withdrawal from the country.”

My first thought upon reading this was, “how dare they!” My second thought was, “why am I surprised?”

After all, what can we expect from a race of “men” who were defeated by a rabble of bow-legged vegetarians led by a bald, four-eyed anorexic wearing a diaper? Unlike we Americans, the Brits didn’t have the courage and stamina to show their indians what’s what. And look how they paid for that. Today England is overrun by cow-worshiping, curry-boiling bride-burners.

Those tea-sipping pinkie-raisers are too weak-willed to fight the muslim menace in Iraq, just as they were too frightened to join us in beating back the communist enemy in Vietnam.

However, be under no illusions that eventually, when the hindoos and muslims start to impose their Godless debauchery on the general populations of those damp, muddy isles, the Brits will turn to us for help, just as they did in World War One and again in World War Two.

Hopefully they’ll then discover that American charity goes only so far.

In Christ’s Name,

Tobin Maker, Resident Pastor, Baptists For Brownback 2008"

http://baptistsforbrown2008.wordpress.com/2007/08/20/a-white-feather-for-the-cowardly-british/#comment-10822

Quite a response from the Brits, resulting in a total pisstake. I just googled his name and it sure looks genuine..!?!?

This result from google for example, http://www.voy.com/6655/97.html he talks about "Christian hate" ???

Some very unoriginal ideas here.. http://friendlyatheist.com/2007/08/02/this-is-scary/ wanting to brand aethiest with an "A"

"if you substitute the word “Atheist” with “Jew”, “Negro”, or “Gypsy” he sounds an awful lot like a certain short mustachioed Austrian whose party ruled Germany in the late 1930s and early 1940s? Not that I think it’d help but it might influence some of his supporters who had not made the connection."

Yep, Does (president wannabe) Brownback have any Nazi links?.. he does now!

Drew
22nd August 2007, 00:08
So, the war to this man, is to spread Christianity and kill the "islamofascists"

Nice...

Canada Cornrow
22nd August 2007, 00:34
Quite a response from the Brits, resulting in a total pisstake. I just googled his name and it sure looks genuine..!?!?

This result from google for example, http://www.voy.com/6655/97.html he talks about "Christian hate" ???

Some very unoriginal ideas here.. http://friendlyatheist.com/2007/08/02/this-is-scary/ wanting to brand aethiest with an "A"

"if you substitute the word “Atheist” with “Jew”, “Negro”, or “Gypsy” he sounds an awful lot like a certain short mustachioed Austrian whose party ruled Germany in the late 1930s and early 1940s? Not that I think it’d help but it might influence some of his supporters who had not made the connection."

Sounds to me like just you average run of the mill religious nutter. I wouldn't worry about his type too much unless you have to live next door to him, then all bets are off. Not the smartest guy in the world either. I clicked the first link on his "Member Websites" and came across a redneck parodist on Myspace.
BTW it's usually not a good idea to invoke Godwin's Law in the first post of a thread.

tinchote
22nd August 2007, 02:02
BTW it's usually not a good idea to invoke Godwin's Law in the first post of a thread.

Indeed :D

Zico
22nd August 2007, 02:27

Good point.. I guess this threads over. :D

I just find it fascinating that Christian Fundamentalists such as him can hold such "otherwordly" views and spout so much rubbish in the name of Christianity, but then I guess I've had quite a sheltered life.

tinchote
22nd August 2007, 04:13
Good point.. I guess this threads over. :D

I just find it fascinating that Christian Fundamentalists such as him can hold such "otherwordly" views and spout so much rubbish in the name of Christianity, but then I guess I've had quite a sheltered life.

It is really weird. Particularly, because you have to read the Gospel in a very biased way to find grounds to hate anyone.

leopard
22nd August 2007, 06:19
It is really weird. Particularly, because you have to read the Gospel in a very biased way to find grounds to hate anyone.
How are you Sir, long time no see

so how do you respond this issue? :)

Mark in Oshawa
22nd August 2007, 07:20
You ignore nutters like this clown....like most religious nut bars in the Bible Belt of the US, they are usually quite harmless in action, and have very few actual followers...

KILOHMUNNS
22nd August 2007, 09:01
So, the war to this man, is to spread Christianity and kill the "islamofascists"

Nice...

It'll never work, it's been done before but then it was called a crusade!!! :D

Mark
22nd August 2007, 09:06
Well we aren't withdrawing from Iraq immediately anyway. But the cheif of the army said it would be a good idea, so we can get on with fighting the real war in Afghanistan.

As for this nutter, well perhaps he'd do better to think about all the countries in the world who haven't helped America at all. When the UK eventually does leave Iraq I think the USA owe us a debt of thanks, for without us they would have been on their own.

The Hindu thing is really very funny.. but we're more concerned about the 450,000 Polish who've just turned up :p

Eki
22nd August 2007, 09:24
I was sent this link by a furious friend of mine, Im still unsure if this "pastor" is mad or its supposed to be a parody..
Or he could be oily oaf. His writing style is a bit similar.

Eki
22nd August 2007, 10:14
That Brownback seems like a real flip-flopper. First he was a Methodist, then in a nondenominational evangelical church and now he's a Catholic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Brownback

Raised as a Methodist, Brownback later joined a nondenominational evangelical church, and in 2002 he converted to Catholicism. He joined the Catholic Church through Opus Dei priest Father C. John McCloskey in Washington DC.[8][9] Brownback himself, however, is not a member of the Opus Dei organization.[10]

Donney
22nd August 2007, 10:16
The world is full of idiots and some of these idiots consider brain farts actual ideas.

He does not deserve any answer. (Assuming this is real)

leopard
22nd August 2007, 11:05
A fact that we can’t deny that not everybody has their head black, we can’t force uniformity in this world. War for the politic reason that usually to accommodate interest of a couple of group of people unavoidably victimizes civil whether by intention or not. Genocide, ethnic cleansing or towards a certain religion or group whatsoever is a shape of violation and is defined as crime against humanity.

Despite as far as possible every problem can be solved trough deliberation between delegations of the two parties involved; war is the last method to eliminate separatist movement, like Hasan Tiro that is now hiding in Helsinki. ;)

Flat.tyres
22nd August 2007, 11:47
I think he's hillarious.

should be locked up for his own safety but hillarious all the same :laugh:

leopard
22nd August 2007, 11:51
exactly, safe and hilarious :laugh:

tinchote
22nd August 2007, 13:16

Is that site affiliated with Brownback in any way? After a superficial look, I couldn't see any link.

Zico
22nd August 2007, 13:22
Is that site affiliated with Brownback in any way? After a superficial look, I couldn't see any link.

You being serious? lol.. Look again.. ;)

Its a spoof folks, had me wondering for a while but when he suggested that Jesus spoke English it was too much for me.. :D (See comments by Fergus)

Brilliant wind-up though.. ROFL

Flat.tyres
22nd August 2007, 13:50
logic says that it has to be a spoof but you never know. look at those idiots that protest at American funerals for what religious fanatics are like in America.

oily oaf
22nd August 2007, 17:41
Kilt wearing? Black Pudding scoffing? Pinkie raising pansies? Jesus hating? Shakespeare quoting? Bad teeth sporting? Cow worshipping? Curry boiling Bride burners? Simpering? Flouncing? Effiminate?

WOT A DIABOLICAL LIBERTY!!!!!! :mad:
I haven't been to the dentist in years and my nashers are in superb condition. :batman:

Mark in Oshawa
22nd August 2007, 17:49
In America, you can never be too sure. One thing is for sure, Brownback's people if they saw it I am sure are looking to make sure he isn't some idiot giving them money. No one with a brain wants anything to do with this...

Flat.tyres
23rd August 2007, 10:20
In America, ..........No one with a brain wants anything to do with this...

my God, it is real then. he must have huge support :D

tinchote
23rd August 2007, 17:18
You being serious? lol.. Look again.. ;)

Its a spoof folks, had me wondering for a while but when he suggested that Jesus spoke English it was too much for me.. :D (See comments by Fergus)

Brilliant wind-up though.. ROFL

I am serious. The fact that some people support a candidate doesn't mean that the candidate endorses what these people are saying (it's the other way around, you know). I don't have a particular sympathy for this Brownback guy, but I won't blame him because of someone using his name.

And I don't think this site is a spoof. There is really people thinking like that in the US; surely not a majority, but they are there.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd August 2007, 17:28
Tin, they are a small but vocal minority. Most Americans may be naive, but they aren't that brain dead either......

The common misconception is that Middle America is a wasteland of relgious kooks, gun nuts and morons. I have actually found it to be full of very intelligent people who just haven't bothered to take the time to care about what is going on in the outside world because their life is full of raising their kids, earning a living and enjoying life to the fullest. It isn't that they don't care, it is that they are busy.....and they don't all come off like this jerk...but we all know that someone in Europe would love to tar and feather all the Yank's with words like this idiot....

Zico
23rd August 2007, 21:26
I am serious. The fact that some people support a candidate doesn't mean that the candidate endorses what these people are saying (it's the other way around, you know).

Fair point.. I imagine Brownback aint too happy tho having these nuts as his supporters. :D

TOgoFASTER
25th August 2007, 07:45
The common misconception is that Middle America is a wasteland of relgious kooks, gun nuts and morons. I have actually found it to be full of very intelligent people

That is as far as you would be correct before you fall off the same wagon. There is a heated exchange of thoughts and ideas brewing back and forth most difinitively in Brownback's home State as well as the region as a whole.
Old thoughts and ideas die hard as the way forward struggles to get a foothold.
When it's all said and done, commonsense prevails more than not and when it doesn't it isn't long before it's corrected. Most are proud populists that see what's right for all people as what needs to be done. Above all they are generally well informed and pay close attention to the issues of the day.

TOgoFASTER
25th August 2007, 07:48
Fair point.. I imagine Brownback aint too happy tho having these nuts as his supporters. :D

I think he is more concerned about the deafing roar of crickets and the growing cobwebs. :)

penagate
25th August 2007, 10:44
It's funny and disturbing that it isn't immediately obvious whether it's a parody or not.

TOgoFASTER
25th August 2007, 19:01
No it's not a parody.
Some very misguided people from across the whole country, with a splash of interlopers added to point out their self love in.
Old ways, superstitions and hate of anything unlike themselves... if only to survive them.
Meanwhile the pastor/minister (or whatever other cheaply bought title) cashes their checks gladly and with a smile.

SOD
25th August 2007, 19:18
beware of chickenhawks goading other people to fight their battles.

The pastor is a coward, he is happy to fight to the last of everyone else's blood. Just beware of people like that.

What does the Uk get in return for fighting alongside the Americans? British Airways executives get extradited to the USA because of invoked terrorism laws.

3 UK servicemen were butchered by the USA in Afghanistan yesterday. How come there are no friendly fire incidents where US soldiers get killed by their allies? hell even pat Tillman got executed b yhis superiors. yeeehaw.

I find that cornrows comments are funny, he demands that people stand up to intolerant people, when its one of his own allies he asks us to ignore them. :down: