PDA

View Full Version : BRSCC Statement re: Sundays Events

Al_Green
21st August 2007, 22:12
http://www.brsccracingatrockingham.com/news/realease.htm

(spelling is correct in link, even if it's not, if you see what I mean)

Al.

#65 Rules
21st August 2007, 22:30
Yep, I sent an email to the BRSCC complaining about Sunday (second meeting in a row I've had to do that!) and as part of a reply, they sent me the same press release. Slap on the wrist for the Fiesta boys and a waste of time for us pickup fans!

Old Stock Nut
21st August 2007, 22:47
That slap on the wrist might just result in serious loss of driving opportunities at other tracks when the MSA have finished with them! Let's hope so for everyone's sake.

pickup
21st August 2007, 23:05
Looks like a poor response from the BRSCC still not too surprised didn't really expect much more after their recent poor performances, just feels like a bit of a let down for us pickup boys.
Hope to see a bit of a firmer line from the MSA.

racing59
21st August 2007, 23:07
I would expect the MSA to come down heavy on them. Endorsements and fines as a minimum.

Why not invite the Pickups to a Powernights event!!!!

LessThanSte
21st August 2007, 23:56
I doubt it. The MSA appear to have no balls. Not after the way they treated an incident between the Mansells and Hohentual, anyway!

JDPower
22nd August 2007, 04:42
Looks like a poor response from the BRSCC
I actually disagree, I think its pretty good to have some action taken so soon after the incident.

Not knowing how these things work though, what do they mean when they say the PuT will be compensated?

racing59
22nd August 2007, 08:07
I would guess that means another race.

pickup
22nd August 2007, 11:32
I actually disagree, I think its pretty good to have some action taken so soon after the incident.

Not knowing how these things work though, what do they mean when they say the PuT will be compensated?

Its not the speed of the response its the penalty, the drivers that protested on the grid wont get a refund for the loss of one race WOW really severe.
Considering their actions i would have thought a more severe penalty would have been forthcoming, as i said maybe the MSA will take a dimmer view.
As for the compensation i would think the BRSCC will stage the cancelled race at a later date, i wonder if they will compensate Sonny for the cost of the lost TV coverage that he had paid for!

R3ROK
22nd August 2007, 11:47
How are they going to handle who crossed the pit wall and who didn't? I'm sure everyone is going to be rushing forward to say 'I did'....not :) I may answer my own question by suggesting that pictures were taken of the drivers concerned...after all, there were plenty of photographers about to capture the incident....IMO it would be a nightmare as I saw people get over the wall, some went back and some stopped to protest....good luck sorting that one out ;) I have listed the press release.....

PRESS RELEASE

21st August 2007

BRSCC statement regarding the interruption to Sunday’s race schedule at Rockingham

Following an untimely and inappropriate interruption to the race schedule at the BRSCC’s race meeting at Rockingham on Sunday August 19th the following course of action has been taken regarding the two races lost at the end of the day’s race schedule.
The Pickup Championship will be compensated for the loss of a race.
The Fiesta drivers that did not cross the pit wall to protest on the start/finish straight will have a proportion of their race entry fee returned. However, the BRSCC has decided that the Fiesta drivers who crossed the pit wall and protested on the start/finish line resulting in the final race of the day being cancelled, have forfeited any right to a refund for the loss of their final race.
This action by the BRSCC is by no means the end of this matter as the incident has passed over to the MSA who will take appropriate action in due course when they have reviewed the facts.
For more information contact:

Email: [email:2asvoamh]iain@brscc.co.uk[/email:2asvoamh]
Tel: 01732 780100
http://www.brscc.co.uk

Tiesse
22nd August 2007, 11:52
How are they going to handle who crossed the pit wall and who didn't? I'm sure everyone is going to be rushing forward to say 'I did'....not :) I may answer my own question by suggesting that pictures were taken of the drivers concerned...after all, there were plenty of photographers about to capture the incident....IMO it would be a nightmare as I saw people get over the wall, some went back and some stopped to protest....good luck sorting that one out ;) I have listed the press release.....

PRESS RELEASE

21st August 2007

BRSCC statement regarding the interruption to Sunday’s race schedule at Rockingham

Following an untimely and inappropriate interruption to the race schedule at the BRSCC’s race meeting at Rockingham on Sunday August 19th the following course of action has been taken regarding the two races lost at the end of the day’s race schedule.
The Pickup Championship will be compensated for the loss of a race.
The Fiesta drivers that did not cross the pit wall to protest on the start/finish straight will have a proportion of their race entry fee returned. However, the BRSCC has decided that the Fiesta drivers who crossed the pit wall and protested on the start/finish line resulting in the final race of the day being cancelled, have forfeited any right to a refund for the loss of their final race.
This action by the BRSCC is by no means the end of this matter as the incident has passed over to the MSA who will take appropriate action in due course when they have reviewed the facts.
For more information contact:

Email: [email:sirvdgnw]iain@brscc.co.uk[/email:sirvdgnw]
Tel: 01732 780100
http://www.brscc.co.uk

Witty has already posted that she has some interesting pictures.

Personally I'd have let the PUTs go & run them over, but I guess that's just not PC!

R3ROK
22nd August 2007, 12:00
Personally I'd have let the PUTs go & run them over, but I guess that's just not PC!

...Nah....would have been better to line them up blindfolded, spin them round a few times and then let the racing commence...would have made it more interesting....find the pit wall now if you can ;)

Reynard
22nd August 2007, 12:19
Witty has already posted that she has some interesting pictures.

... which I have already forwarded on to the BRSCC. I trust that they will help them identify who went over the wall and who did not.

And yep, it would not have been PC to send the pickups out to scatter them but it makes an interesting mental picture! :eek:

pickup
22nd August 2007, 12:21
I may answer my own question by suggesting that pictures were taken of the drivers concerned...after all, there were plenty of photographers about to capture the incident

Nice picture of our Fiesta friends on the startline has appeared in motorsport news today, at least Rockingham got some extra exposure!

corbygal
22nd August 2007, 13:41
Hehe, I might buy it this time then! lol. I got some pics of the drivers over the wall as well, although I forgot to put that card onto my mums computer when I done the gallery... oops. lol.

Jordygirl
22nd August 2007, 14:48
How are they going to handle who crossed the pit wall and who didn't? I'm sure everyone is going to be rushing forward to say 'I did'....not :)

Apart from Wittys photos, BRSCC can always refer to the track camera footage on video. The cameras can be trained onto most areas of the track, especially the start/finish line, and I'm sure that was done on Sunday.

Abo
22nd August 2007, 20:34
Should have brought the track sweepers out...

Nick Brad
22nd August 2007, 20:38
Does Rockingham still have the Jet driers? :s mokin:

LessThanSte
22nd August 2007, 21:15
Yes, i mentioned that too :P

racing59
22nd August 2007, 22:05
Does Rockingham still have the Jet driers? :s mokin:

Yes they do. Last seen under the stands at Turn 1. However they cost £££££ to run. And they need servicing - which hasn't happened since Champcar came AFAIK.

Rob.

ShaneCRF
22nd August 2007, 22:52
We were there at the weekend, first time at Rockingham, purely to see the V8's and Pickups, but what a laugh, some great racing by all formulas, (shame your car let you down Rob, hope you sort it), but the farce at the end was hilarious. Definately 95% of the crowd in our stand "booed" the Fiesta lads.
Anyway...albeit were from a Dirtbiking Background, sounds to us like BRSCC have done right so far, its not like they couldve done much more. Surely its now down to the MSA to issue race bans & fines to make an example that theres official ways to protest.

Shane

quorky
23rd August 2007, 17:58
trucks get to do an extra race at brands hatch .but i fink the fiesta boys are thier as well could be a fun nite in the bar :vader:

JDPower
23rd August 2007, 23:24
trucks get to do an extra race at brands hatch
Damn, so they're replacing an oval round with a circuit round. Was hoping they'd squeeze in an extra race at the Ovalfest thingy.