PDA

View Full Version : Did i hear right?

shortb
21st August 2007, 22:01
Hi all
Don't post very often so I thought it about time I made a contribution!
Did I hear the guy doing the commentating(can't think of his name at the moment!)say that Chris Cooke could be racing at the next meeting?
If so,will it be him driving the second Networking car?

bravheart
21st August 2007, 22:13
Nope, not in our car.

Reynard
21st August 2007, 22:15
Mmmmmm if that's the case, another driver who is rather easy on the eye! :cheese:

Commentator is Richard John Neil ;)

shortb
21st August 2007, 22:16
Just put two & two together and got three!

JDPower
22nd August 2007, 04:23
Yes you did hear right. After much cajoling from RJN the fella in the commentary box with him did let slip the 'secret' of Chris Cooke coming back (though as with all these things I dare say nothing is certain yet).

Duane
22nd August 2007, 06:23
Chris has been spoken to, he is very interested but it may well be next year before he is behind an Ascar wheel again, Skid and Malcolm Klien are also in the frame to help with grid numbers for the final rounds......

Duane

Nick Brad
22nd August 2007, 19:41
Just as well it's the last meeting as it gives all winter to rebuild the car after Skid's raced it. (Just kidding.)

As an aside to boosting grid numders for the last meeting, there are two cars now for sale in the 7k bracket, so if anyone wants to make a move into the Mac Tools trophy, there's never been a better time. There's also some exciting developments coming up soon. ;)

LessThanSte
22nd August 2007, 19:48
I keep telling you all, if someone will buy me a car, il race it!

shortb
22nd August 2007, 21:47
I am all for boosting grid numbers,so with that in mind a thought occured to me...in theory if all the chassis in the country had a driver,how big a grid would we have?
From memory I think the biggest grid I have seen is 24 at the last meeting of either 2002 or 2003.It was when the Indian driver with the Cobra beer livery took part.Feel free to correct me!

bravheart
23rd August 2007, 00:18
I am all for boosting grid numbers,so with that in mind a thought occured to me...in theory if all the chassis in the country had a driver,how big a grid would we have?
From memory I think the biggest grid I have seen is 24 at the last meeting of either 2002 or 2003.It was when the Indian driver with the Cobra beer livery took part.Feel free to correct me!

Think it was October final 2004

racing59
23rd August 2007, 00:33
Let's get this number business sorted.

With the cars that have been out there this year - that's
CWS 3, Revolution 3, Team Networking 1, Team Tor Trucks 1, RCR 1, Boardley 1, Wilky 1, Steward 1, that makes 12 cars that have run this year.

Shane as another one in build (his Taurus), Networking have another one (the former #66 Torquespeed car), John Steward has another one, and MTEC have one.

That's 17.

Now, add Weaver, Hobday, Richardson, Pover - that's 21

And finally West-Tec have a total of 10 cars, 5 of which are complete and virtually ready to run. That's 25 to 30 cars available as Sean Richardson's car is in New Zealand.

I don't think I've missed anyone?

I have another chassis, and I know that there is another one in US Automotive's warehouse.

Not sure what Colin has "in stock", but I bet there's probably another car there in bits.

The aim for October is to get 16 out on track.

The aim for 2008 is 18+

These cars are currently very cheap. They are also cheaper to run than a Pickup, and many other forms of national motorsport. Much cheaper than a front running National HotRod! In terms of wow per pound, they are very much near the top of the pile.

I'm hoping to get some backing to expand to a two car team next year. My manager (wife) has been working on it for a while now.

Rob.

jonv
23rd August 2007, 09:15
The aim for October is to get 16 out on track.

October ???

deadsquirrel
23rd August 2007, 09:30
I'm hoping to get some backing to expand to a two car team next year. My manager (wife) has been working on it for a while now.

Rob.

Might mean you get to 8 cylinders in that case too ;) (sorry)

Nick Brad
23rd August 2007, 09:58
He meant september, lol.
The last meeting has always been in October, I still think that way as well.

racing59
23rd August 2007, 10:13
Shhh don't tell anyone.... September has been cancelled due to rain (the month that is, not the meeting!)

JovialJooles
23rd August 2007, 10:42
Shhh don't tell anyone.... September has been cancelled due to rain (the month that is, not the meeting!)

No, it hasn't been cancelled.

They're renaming it

Wettember :D

fastbob
23rd August 2007, 15:19
I keep telling you all, if someone will buy me a car, il race it!

Dude if you've got the budget to get alicense and run the thing for a year i'll sort you a car one way or the other!

I'm not buying you one.... but i'll sure as hell get you one.

Same goes to anyone.... no b*llsh%t

Reynard
23rd August 2007, 16:42
's no good my asking you Bob, I can't even see over the dashboard... :laugh:

I think I'll stick to the photography unless my lotto numbers come up. BTW, gallery should be up later this evening if things go to plan.

LessThanSte
23rd August 2007, 17:16
Dude if you've got the budget to get alicense and run the thing for a year i'll sort you a car one way or the other!

I'm not buying you one.... but i'll sure as hell get you one.

Same goes to anyone.... no b*llsh%t

And that is precisely the problem. Us students arnt made of money, contrary to popular belief!

Nick Brad
23rd August 2007, 18:36
's no good my asking you Bob, I can't even see over the dashboard... :laugh:

I think I'll stick to the photography unless my lotto numbers come up. BTW, gallery should be up later this evening if things go to plan.

Maybe we could get you a booster seat? ;)

What time did you roll in on sunday, I was home at 5 to 8, not a bad run and the A14's not as bad as I feared either.

quorky
23rd August 2007, 18:50
students spend their money at the bar :vader:

racing59
23rd August 2007, 20:39
Surely you can get a student loan for Rookie TRAINING!!

Just a thought!

shake'N'bake
23rd August 2007, 20:49

Rob.

I work for RAC and if I can get some canntacts for you or any team it would be my pleasure to help out and they did sponsor a car a few years back and now with them being part of Aviva (Norwich Union) they have a mass of funds hiding away and we all know they have 2 cars in BTCC...

Reynard
23rd August 2007, 21:30
What time did you roll in on sunday, I was home at 5 to 8, not a bad run and the A14's not as bad as I feared either.

I was in about ten past eight, but then again I got that bit further to go. It's not a bad way to travel to/from Rockingham and a pretty entertaining drive.

I don't need so much a booster seat as a stepladder, Nick! ;)

Nick Brad
23rd August 2007, 21:54
See what you can do, if they come back as a result of your help then I'm sure a free 2 seater ride would be most forthcoming. :D

If Norwich Union were also to sponsor a car then name your price.....

racing59
23rd August 2007, 22:43
See what you can do, if they come back as a result of your help then I'm sure a free 2 seater ride would be most forthcoming. :D

If Norwich Union were also to sponsor a car then name your price.....

I'll buy him a season pass!!

(and probably give him a Team Air Ambulance shirt, and the title of Marketing Manager!!)

Though seriously, if there is anyone on here with marketing experience, who would like to get involved with a team, please drop me a PM. We're doing what we can with the skills we have, and neither of us are sales types!! Oi can't read and oi can't roit but oi can drive a traaaaaktor (and a 7 cylinder yellow car with 59 on the door!)

Rob.

Nick Brad
23rd August 2007, 22:52
I was in about ten past eight, but then again I got that bit further to go. It's not a bad way to travel to/from Rockingham and a pretty entertaining drive.

I don't need so much a booster seat as a stepladder, Nick! ;)

15 mins behind, that isn't bad considering you do have that bit further to go plus I opened it up a little once past Huntingdon as you know ;)

It was a nice surprise for the other half when I got to March as she hadn't seen the car before, (not as much a surprise as the one she sprung a few days later....).

Reynard
23rd August 2007, 23:34
15 mins behind, that isn't bad considering you do have that bit further to go plus I opened it up a little once past Huntingdon as you know ;)

Err, as you've probably realised, I can't make the hamster that runs in his wheel under the bonnet go any faster... ;)

On a good run, I usually count about an hour and 10. Have done it in 55 mins once, but that was A14 all the way to Cambridge just gone midnight.

shake'N'bake
23rd August 2007, 23:40
Im no business man either i just want to help out the series/teams and get the publicity and recognition it needs...

Nick Brad
24th August 2007, 01:31
Err, as you've probably realised, I can't make the hamster that runs in his wheel under the bonnet go any faster... ;)

On a good run, I usually count about an hour and 10. Have done it in 55 mins once, but that was A14 all the way to Cambridge just gone midnight.

The hamster was doing ok, I believe I saw you overtaking one or two cars in my rear view mirror.
A14 and Cambridge, that is a no no for me, only once have I been along that stretch and there was 3 seperate accidents, and this was in the dry. Since then I've had the same apprehensions about the entire road until last sunday.