PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Dean

Roamy
21st August 2007, 04:43
Lets take a moment to wish the best for our Mexican friends. This storm looks brutal and I just hope for the very best for a country who will have to take this storm on. Good Luck Amigos!!!!

oily oaf
21st August 2007, 06:29
Amen to that Fousty.
We limeys have had a pretty rough time at the hands of Mother Nature just lately but nothing on the truly catastrophic scale of this type of apocalyptic event.
But hey don't worry too much about the Mexicans dude as most of 'em left years ago and are now living in Wetback Drive, Tuscon Arizona working as gas station attendants and neurosurgeons. FACT!

janneppi
21st August 2007, 08:59
According to BBC, it's now a Cat5 hurricane.
Hope it doesn't tear everything into pieces.

jim mcglinchey
21st August 2007, 10:29
Hurricane Dean..aren'tcha sick of it? ..and its only the start of the hurricane season. I wonder does the UK weather forecast make the headlines in the Carribean.

pino
21st August 2007, 11:48
My toughts are for the great people of Mexico...good luck :D

21st August 2007, 14:51
What's the big deal about Hurricane Higgins going to Mexico anyway?

Do they not like snooker?

Mark in Oshawa
21st August 2007, 16:06
I have been to the Yucatan, and it is pretty much a place that has taken a few hits from Hurricanes before, and the architecture there reflects it, but this could be as nasty as anything imaginable, and the scary part is, it is not year Labor Day, and Hurricane season has another 3 months to go.

Storm
21st August 2007, 16:53
Its down to a cat 2 ...still 100mph winds and now back in the Bay on the other side of the Yucatan.

jarrambide
21st August 2007, 18:42
I have been to the Yucatan, and it is pretty much a place that has taken a few hits from Hurricanes before, and the architecture there reflects it, but this could be as nasty as anything imaginable, and the scary part is, it is not year Labor Day, and Hurricane season has another 3 months to go.

It was a big hit, but fortunately it appears that no one died, yes, the infrastructure in some cities suffered big damages, but in these cases material damages donīt mean a thing when everyone was safe.

Dean will regain some of its power in the waters of the Gulf Of Mexico, but hopefully it will not be cat 5 when it hits Veracruz or Tamaulipas (most likely Veracruz).

Christina
22nd August 2007, 02:26
What happened to Flossie? was it Flossie? i think that was the name.. it was off the coast of Texas last week and got downgraded to a tropical storm. Caused the world hang gliding championships to be cut short! cant fly in the rain..

But it is good to hear that dean wasnt a killer. i hope there wasnt too much damage!

Alexamateo
22nd August 2007, 03:37
What happened to Flossie? was it Flossie? i think that was the name.. it was off the coast of Texas last week and got downgraded to a tropical storm. Caused the world hang gliding championships to be cut short! cant fly in the rain..

But it is good to hear that dean wasnt a killer. i hope there wasnt too much damage!

It continued on as a low pressure system bringing rain to the interior of the country. Actually, Hurricanes are good for those of us who live in the interior, they typically bring rain at a hot, dry time of year. Last year, late summer/early fall was very dry where I live here in Tennessee because there were no hurricanes.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd August 2007, 07:21
I heard the Mexican coast around Veracruz was where it was heading next, but it will likely be in a CAT 2 condition....which is alright I guess if you have to pick and choose what hits you. From the sounds of it, Quitana Roo and Belize took a pretty good lick but they were waiting for it. Cancun was spared the worst of it, and they are still recovering from Wilma....

oily oaf
22nd August 2007, 07:45
I heard the Mexican coast around Veracruz was where it was heading next, but it will likely be in a CAT 2 condition....which is alright I guess if you have to pick and choose what hits you. From the sounds of it, Quitana Roo and Belize took a pretty good lick but they were waiting for it. Cancun was spared the worst of it, and they are still recovering from Wilma....

I had to recover from Wilma once during the early 1980's :(
Dat fiery Puerto Rican mullatta made me go quite bandy.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd August 2007, 17:48
Oaf...you are still alive to tell the story....so it must have been a good time had by all