PDA

View Full Version : Coulthard reveals past Bulimia/anorexia problem!

Zico
21st August 2007, 00:05
I'd always thought Davids prominent chisselled chin and facial features to be purely genetic but was astonished to learn of him having suffered from anorexia and Bulimia. To go to such lengths to keep your weight down and yet to let Mika past him as part of a gentlemans agreement when he had his one and only chance to win a WDC with McLaren, is a paradox in itself.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6954569.stm

I wonder how many other drivers suffer and would admit to suffering from this condition..

wmcot
21st August 2007, 07:05
His statement was pretty eye-opening stuff!

Hazell B
21st August 2007, 20:15
It was years ago, in the days before drivers were able to spot the advantage in fitness and strength, so I can understand why he got himself in to the mess of an eating disorder. Brave to say it out loud now, too.

F=ma
21st August 2007, 23:46
He can read minds?

CCFanatic
22nd August 2007, 00:00
I have gained a whole new respect for DC. First with his middle finger at the Satanic Ferrari Team, not this. Hope that can help many people in the world to come out and help their problem.

Dzeidzei
23rd August 2007, 22:29
I have gained a whole new respect for DC. First with his middle finger at the Satanic Ferrari Team, not this. Hope that can help many people in the world to come out and help their problem.

Now DC says that theres a Ferrari conspiracy to sacrifice Massa so Kimi could challenge the Macs. Not being too familiar with bulimia but it seems it has at least one bad side effect. You become soft in your head ;)

ArrowsFA1
24th August 2007, 08:29
Fortunately for us DC seems to be enjoying his role as the 'senior' driver in the field. He seems to be more relaxed, open and willing to speak his mind than before and his little dig at Massa in the press conference (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61688) ("I think it's a conspiracy to favour Kimi. Good luck." :laugh: ) stands out among the otherwise team-scripted driver responses prepared for the media.

In these days of 'driver development programmes' that see youngsters placed in racing series, schooled in the art of PR, and told that their own ambitions are secondary, it's refreshing to still have the likes of DC around.

ioan
24th August 2007, 09:33
Fortunately for us DC seems to be enjoying his role as the 'senior' driver in the field. He seems to be more relaxed, open and willing to speak his mind than before and his little dig at Massa in the press conference (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61688) ("I think it's a conspiracy to favour Kimi. Good luck." :laugh: ) stands out among the otherwise team-scripted driver responses prepared for the media.

In these days of 'driver development programmes' that see youngsters placed in racing series, schooled in the art of PR, and told that their own ambitions are secondary, it's refreshing to still have the likes of DC around.

He was one of the highest PR skilled boring drivers before he left McLaren so let's not get to excited about him being different.

redhf
24th August 2007, 18:54

i think all dc s comments this week are self publicity for his new book out this week

Crank
24th August 2007, 19:40
He was one of the highest PR skilled boring drivers before he left McLaren so let's not get to excited about him being different.

I agree. As any model, that has suffered of this terrible disorder, he needs attention, now that he's not at the front with McLaren, he opens his mouth more often to obtain some of that attention that he had when he was a "good" driver in an excellent car. He's an media attention addict, who said every year that it was "his" year to win the championship, only to end up behind his teammate.

I'm no DC fan, never been one, and his change from Macca to Red Bull proved that he's also a survivor, I grant him that.

ArrowsFA1
25th August 2007, 10:03
He's an media attention addict, who said every year that it was "his" year to win the championship, only to end up behind his teammate.
Every year? Really? I do wish that people who believe this could produce the quotes to back it up. DC saying something, then that comment being re-hashed and dug up by the media each year doesn't count. Nor does repeating on a motorsport forum continuously.

DC is no different to any other driver at the start of each new season - this one will be the best yet, we're going to challenge for points/podiums/wins/the title etc etc.

Erki
25th August 2007, 12:17
Bet he was damned tired after races when he was only skin and bone...

Kudos for admitting the whole thing though. :up: