PDA

View Full Version : Steve Neal

AndySpeed
20th August 2007, 20:39
Nasty arrogant fellow.

http://links.streamingwizard.com/talkingpoint/btcc/2007/brandshatch2/btcc/steve_neal_2.asx

I am disappointed to hear such ludicrous remarks coming out of the boss of a BTCC team and considering the penalty handed out to Jackson disappointed that he may have had an influence, although we will never actually know that for sure.

At the end of the day when you think about it (surely) more than half of all motorsport accidents involve other cars, and a mistake from a driver leading to an accident involving others is not an uncommon feature. Does Steve Neal think, for instance, that David coulthard should have been banned for his role in the Spa '98 pile up? Or that Monteiro should be penalised for causing the end to other drivers races at Valencia in the WTCC this year?

Someone please knock him off his egotisitcial stool.

VkmSpouge
20th August 2007, 21:22
Well it was clearly said in the heat of the moment by Steve Neal who was understandably upset about what had happened. His comments about Jackson are completely stupid though.

Rusty
20th August 2007, 21:45
I posted along these lines earlier but didn't really choose the most appropriate words for this forum (Sorry Iain) but i feel the same i wish he would just shut up and get on with it. So it hasn't been the best season for him but the bloke is just a cry baby and as soon as something doesn't go his way out come the toys and he goes off to the clerk of the course "It aint fair somebody has pushed my boy off the road" get a grip if the Team raced as well as they moaned they wuld be unstoppable.....

MBailey06
20th August 2007, 22:14
I've actually read on another site that Matt Neal actually thought it was a racing incident, so if he can see that, then surely his dad should.

mattie007
20th August 2007, 23:09
I can't believe what Ive just heard.

"An arrogant little pup who needs to be hit like a puppy"
"A nasty little group, I shall do my upmost to undo them"

Matt Jackson and his team are the complete opposite of arrogant. Take a look at your team if you want to label someone arrogant Mr Neal!

The sooner he pi$$es off to WTCC the better for us BTCC fans.

MG2004
20th August 2007, 23:14
What a wally!

For him of all people to call anybody "arrogant" and "nasty" really is unbelievable, and Mat Jackson is one of the nicest drivers in the paddock and his team appears very friendly towards the fans.

Well Steve, Mat has not been banned for a year so please do what you promised (and promise at least once every season when things aren't going your way) and take your ball(s) home and go and play somewhere else. If it's a choice over having Team Hysterics or Jackson MSport in the BTCC then I'd choose Jackson any day.

Heard it all before. Very, very bored with it now. No loss if you quit tomorrow.

MG2004
20th August 2007, 23:31
I just want to check.....

The Mat Jackson that Mr Neal accuses of over-estimating his own ability is
- the one currently leading the Independents championship?
- the one ahead of highly respected drivers like Mike Jordan and Colin Turkington?
- the one who has the same number of race wins this year as Neal junior? (on a vastly smaller budget!)

Thought so.

AlexD
21st August 2007, 00:28
If they pulled out of BTCC I would be very happy. Fed up of this stupid team.

VkmSpouge
21st August 2007, 02:59
If they pulled out of BTCC I would be very happy. Fed up of this stupid team.

I wouldn't be happy at all if they pulled out. I like Team Dynamics, the Honda Civic, Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden. Steve Neal is just about the only element of the team I dislike.
You shouldn't tag an entire team with a label just because of the actions of one of its members (though admittedly this particular member is the team boss).

Philippa
21st August 2007, 08:47
Each round of the BTCC is sponsored by one of the teams. E.G.: Team Halfords sponsored the Brands Hatch meeting.

How much influence does this give Steve Neal (and others) over Alan Gow (and others)?

BeansBeansBeans
21st August 2007, 08:56
I'm hardly Steve Neal's biggest fan, but when your son has just been hurt, and one of your cars destroyed through somebody else's over-zealous driving, it's bound to wind you up.

Once he calms down he'll probably apologise to Jackson and his team for his unfair comments.

SEATFreak
21st August 2007, 09:39
Where do I start!!!!

I had problems with the buffering but I did eventually hear the lot and what I am getting is right from the get-go Steve's comments are laced with totally uncecessary horrible comments about Mat Jackson.

"This is all a consequence of Mat Jacksons irresponsible attitude to safety and the exaduration of his own ability"

"If he's not banned for a year I will consider whether we will race in the same race"

"He isn't fit to drive in this company"

"He's involved himself with several incidents with our cars and never had the guts to appologise"

"I shall do my utmost to undo them (Jackson Motorsport)"

And I am sure one or two more that I am unaware of.

I hope he goes to the WTCC mattie007. Because he will be playing with the likes of Schitzer and RML. I hope the size of those teams will show him perhaps the true size of Team Dynamics.

lilmelvschilton
21st August 2007, 10:35
i am not being funny but i have to agree with wat matt neals dad said about matt jackson, as he was out of line with the so called race incident, and when matt jackson said just deal with it towards steve neal i was fuming

i think matt jackson should find another race to drive in

but this is my opinion so please dont judge me

AndySpeed
21st August 2007, 10:49
but this is my opinion so please dont judge me

No I won't judge you on your opinion
Your signature however... :erm:

stevenlcroucher
21st August 2007, 11:22
It could be argued that a more experienced driver would not have span out like that, but everyone learns from mistakes and I'm sure Mat Jackson will remember to ease off and be more patient next time.

Likewise, I'm sure Fiona Leggate now knows that cold wet tyres have no grip. :-)

bt52b
21st August 2007, 11:29
Yes Steve Neal went off on one, but Jackson went off on the first corner in the middle of the pack. With at least £500k worth of damage, he was lucky if all he got was a five grid penalty.

cos
21st August 2007, 11:46
Compare Neal Sr to Pinkney's take on the incident, bearing in mind they both had cars wrecked:

“I’m not blaming Mat Jackson. He’s just gone into the corner probably a bit over-anxious, put a wheel on the kerb and spun round. But there’s no way I’ve got anything against him. He didn’t mean to cause what happened.”

lilmelvschilton
21st August 2007, 11:50
No I won't judge you on your opinion
Your signature however... :erm:

hang on i will change my signature (it was aimed at ma ex)

i just hope matt neal and dave pikney are ok and out off hospital and i hot jasksons team n himself apologise

Winchester
21st August 2007, 12:40
Jackson and his team have nothing to apologise for! He made a driving error, nothing more than that!
The suggestion he has anything to apologise for is quite frankly ridiculous.
Sadly it's time for Steve Neal to realise there are plenty of other fish as big as his team in the BTCC now and his constant moaning falls on deaf ears.
I didn't think Steve Neal could make himself any more unpopular with BTCC fans but I'm clealry wrong.
This latest outburst just takes the biscuit.

BeansBeansBeans
21st August 2007, 12:59
Jackson and his team have nothing to apologise for! He made a driving error, nothing more than that!

Sure, it was unintentional, but having caused so much damage to opposing teams, it would be courteous of him to hold up his hands and apologise.

lilmelvschilton
21st August 2007, 13:00
fair one but even still though

lilmelvschilton
21st August 2007, 13:01
Sure, it was unintentional, but having caused so much damage to opposing teams, it would be courteous of him to hold up his hands and apologise.

my point exactly

SEATFreak
21st August 2007, 13:21

Even if the conditions prevailed in the cause; much more than anything Mat did?

lilmelvschilton
21st August 2007, 13:36
true

lilmelvschilton
21st August 2007, 13:36
but even still

BeansBeansBeans
21st August 2007, 13:38
Even if the conditions prevailed in the cause; much more than anything Mat did?

The spin was not caused by the wet conditions, it was caused by Mat Jackson losing control in the wet conditions. He made an error which resulted in a multi-car pile-up. Even thought it was unintentional and there was no malice involved, it would be nice for him to say "I apologise. I just lost control. Sorry it ruined your race too."

SEATFreak
21st August 2007, 13:46
The spin was not caused by the wet conditions, it was caused by Mat Jackson losing control in the wet conditions. He made an error which resulted in a multi-car pile-up. Even thought it was unintentional and there was no malice involved, it would be nice for him to say "I apologise. I just lost control. Sorry it ruined your race too."

Fair point then.

It would indeed have been nice to appoligise. But it still doesn't I think excuse the rest of what Steve said about Mat and his family team. Like the comment at the very end where he said something about undoing them (Jackson Motorsport) and threatening not to race if just an unrealistic punishment as a one years ban was imposed. Does Steve not realise what it could mean to Jackson Motorsport if they didn't race for a whole year?

lilmelvschilton
21st August 2007, 13:46
thats all i want him to do, but until he does i am being on steve neals side until he apologies

VXRDartford
21st August 2007, 16:17
thats all i want him to do, but until he does i am being on steve neals side until he apologies

Hopefully after reading this you will be on mat jacksons side

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=700

Good to see some of the teams helping out. Hope Jackson goes on to win the indie title he deserves it.

I don't want to see Team Halfords go from the btcc but just wish they would keep their mouths shut and stop moaning all the time when things don't go their way

Allyc85
21st August 2007, 16:53
so, so tempted to send a link of this page to Steve Neal...

lilmelvschilton
21st August 2007, 17:10
Hopefully after reading this you will be on mat jacksons side

Good to see some of the teams helping out. Hope Jackson goes on to win the indie title he deserves it.

I don't want to see Team Halfords go from the btcc but just wish they would keep their mouths shut and stop moaning all the time when things don't go their way

ok maybe alittle but am still on Neals side abit

Winchester
21st August 2007, 17:33
Now Jackson has apologised, hopefully Steve Neal will be a man and do the same.
But whereas an apology would be accepted, earning respect again may be a little more difficult.

BM
21st August 2007, 18:05
Actually, it seems everyone is forgetting what part Darren Turner played in the whole accident - by taking almost his normal (wet) racing line, he forced Jackson off onto the kerb and then the green tarmac.

The rest of the pack, including Pinkney, have to take some of the blame as well for not slowing down enough given the fact that there would have been a yellow flag, lots of spray, and 2 cars in the road - but then again, some would have seen it as an opportunity to gain a few positions given that they would have thought it'd simply be a safety to clear up Neal and Jackson - but you cannot say it was totally Mat's fault.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=unUHPSw2qlY

However, Steve Neal's comments are what you'd expect coming from him.

Hazell B
21st August 2007, 19:21
How do any of us know that Jackson didn't aplogise? We don't! He probably did if the truth be known, but in person and out of the media's earshot. He might not have said sorry to Steve Neal personally, and frankly I can't blame him if he didn't, as the man's hardly a genial fellow who'd take it as it was meant :rolleyes:

So, Steve Neal says people should be hit like puppies, eh?
Didn't think I could like him any less. I was wrong :down:

By the way, didn't Mr Neal once try getting another driver in trouble with the stewards after they'd been interviewed and said something mean about his team? Can't remember the details, anyone help me out here? 'Cos it's sort of asking to be repaid now isn't it .......

Robinho
21st August 2007, 19:26
Jackson said: “I chatted with Matt when we were both in the medical centre after the race. There was no problem between us and the same goes for Dave Pinkney.

And he added: “I want to send my best wishes to Matt and Dave who came off worst in the accident in race one. All I know is I didn’t take anyone off. It’s just very unfortunate that the spin then caused the concertina problems behind, but it’s the sort of thing that can and does happen in motor sport. On another day, everyone would have missed each other. I really do feel for the guys with damaged cars – I know how hard it is to get out racing and would not wish any damage on anyone.”

yeah, what a nasty arrogant young man. Whilst i'm sure Steve Neal was understandably upset at the time and perhaps that clouded his judgement, i would have expected a man of his experience to have kept quiet at the time and saved any comment for later when all had settled down. i really do think he does not realise how ironic his comments are considering the actions of his team over the years and the number of people rubbed up the wrong way.

Team Dynamics/Halfords used to be an integral part of the BTCC show, these days i find them little more than an irritant in an otherwise great series, the sooner he realises that his team are not bigger than the sport the better - so much for the people champions, these days i think there are more people hoping they get beaten - they really seem to have forgotten where they have come from.

some advice for Steve Neal, although it may be a bit late.

"be Careful who you pi55 on, on your way to the top, as your likely to meet the same people on your way back down"

VkmSpouge
21st August 2007, 19:27
Actually, it seems everyone is forgetting what part Darren Turner played in the whole accident - by taking almost his normal (wet) racing line, he forced Jackson off onto the kerb and then the green tarmac.

The rest of the pack, including Pinkney, have to take some of the blame as well for not slowing down enough given the fact that there would have been a yellow flag, lots of spray, and 2 cars in the road - but then again, some would have seen it as an opportunity to gain a few positions given that they would have thought it'd simply be a safety to clear up Neal and Jackson - but you cannot say it was totally Mat's fault.

Turner did what any normal racer would do in those circumstances, he took a normal racing line and left Jackson to his own devices. The rest of the can't take any blame either. They would have been blinded by each other and had no time to react. If you read Pinkney's interview on crash.net he didn't even have time to swear. The crash was entirely Jackson's fault in my opinion but it was racing incident and he certainly didn't deserve punishment for it.

Robinho
21st August 2007, 19:29
duplicate post - sorry

Hazell B
21st August 2007, 20:21
Just realised I hadn't read the second page of this thread before posting, sorry :rolleyes: So, Jackson did apologise.

Robinho has made a damned good point - why say anything at all in haste when you're in Steve Neal's position? What good has any of this done him, now he's come out with his claptrap and basically brought the entire sport in to the wrong spotlight? His sponsors must be so proud ......

BT 96
21st August 2007, 20:45
Guys,
One thing, Steve Neal has been a loyal supporter of the BTCC and still is, and the series would mean a lot less to people like us at BTC Racing without them, they have proved that indy team's can beat the works teams, and that's what attracted Matt and is team the same as us,and Matt has no problem with the Neal family, so why should we.

Bert

BTC Racing

jeremywhitmore
21st August 2007, 20:48
When looking at a lot of what gets said by Steve Neal at different times, I have to feel a touch of sympathy for Matt Neal. He is not responsible for the comments his father makes (more often than not when he's pretty heated), but he is the one who will suffer by association. Matt is a great driver, has worked hard to get to the top of touring cars, and for all our biases and support for our favoured drivers, is respected by most in motorsport.
Someone told me once to "think what you say...then say what you think".
More often than not Steve Neal appears to get it the other way around.

richj
21st August 2007, 21:10
didn't one of the other BMWs spin in the same palce but got away with it later. Was he over stretching himself too?

BM
21st August 2007, 21:44
Turner did what any normal racer would do in those circumstances, he took a normal racing line and left Jackson to his own devices. The rest of the can't take any blame either. They would have been blinded by each other and had no time to react. If you read Pinkney's interview on crash.net he didn't even have time to swear. The crash was entirely Jackson's fault in my opinion but it was racing incident and he certainly didn't deserve punishment for it.

On TTT, Pinkney said he still had his foot on the throttle when he hit Neal - while he may not have missed him had he slowed down, it would certainly have lessened the blow.

BeansBeansBeans
21st August 2007, 23:06
didn't one of the other BMWs spin in the same palce but got away with it later. Was he over stretching himself too?

Well yes, of course he was. If you spin it's because you've gone over the limit (barring any mechanical failure of course).

AndySpeed
21st August 2007, 23:45
Well yes, of course he was. If you spin it's because you've gone over the limit (barring any mechanical failure of course).

Not necessarily over the limit, a small change of line can cuase a spin if the surface is slippier (something quite common in the wet).

Human's aren't like machines and able to take the exact same line lap after lap after lap.

Dave B
22nd August 2007, 09:09
I don't disagree that Jackson made a mistake, but two things concern me. Firstly it was just that: a mistake. There's absolutely no suggestion from even the wildest swivel-eyed lunatics that he deliberately casued the incident. Secondly I've seen far worse driving go completely unpunished, some during the same weekend, just becuase the end result wasn't as dramatic.

Personally I'm just relieved that Matt is ok. :up:

BeansBeansBeans
22nd August 2007, 10:09
Human's aren't like machines and able to take the exact same line lap after lap after lap.

Erm yes, thanks.

lilmelvschilton
22nd August 2007, 10:26

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=unUHPSw2qlY

However, Steve Neal's comments are what you'd expect coming from him.

so now its turners fault then ?

i just hope all this gets sorted and i hope matt neal is ok now and dave pinkney

MadCat
22nd August 2007, 11:57

No one has said that its Turner fault. All they were saying is that Turner kept his line like any racing driver does and let Matt go round the outside.

Can only really echo whats been said on here, it was quite clearly a racing incident and Steve Neal should stop being the biggest arse in the BTCC and look at the coverage before shouting and raving to the media, pointing the finger. How his team actually have sponsorship beats me. I wouldnt want to be involved with a team with someone like Steve in it.

Caroline
22nd August 2007, 12:11
I was just wondering what must the sponsors think of his comments. Maybe some see the bigger picture and are prepared to overlook what is said, but it doesn't look good, does it?

BeansBeansBeans
22nd August 2007, 12:24
I was just wondering what must the sponsors think of his comments. Maybe some see the bigger picture and are prepared to overlook what is said, but it doesn't look good, does it?

In fairness, the sponsors aren't just targeting the handful of hardcore BTCC nuts who post on internet forums. They're targeting the 1000s of people who attend meetings casually or watch on TV, and frankly those people won't give a monkeys about what Steve Neal says.

Caroline
22nd August 2007, 12:28
Yes, I know. The general public, if they actually hear/read his comments might think of him as a colourful character prepared to speak his mind. But I just think some of his comments are unnecessary and I have changed my opinion of him somewhat.

Alfa Fan
22nd August 2007, 13:02
There's no such thing as bad publicity

Brooklands78
22nd August 2007, 13:38
There's no such thing as bad publicity

Tell that to the bloke who owned Ratners!

SEATFreak
22nd August 2007, 16:35
Yes, I know. The general public, if they actually hear/read his comments might think of him as a colourful character prepared to speak his mind. But I just think some of his comments are unnecessary and I have changed my opinion of him somewhat.

And I think this is a fundemental difference between the general public and the fan. The public don't know him as much as fans do because I think their viewing his comments from a distance.

I am a spectator. Someone who is between both fan and general public. Someone who knows more than the general public but not as much as a fan. Someone who is into the BTCC more than the public but not as much as the fan; on account of the fact I am not fortunate to be able to go behind the scenes in the pitlane and see the people who run and drive in the teams.

But I think even I see Steve Neal's comments for what they are.

lilmelvschilton
22nd August 2007, 17:29
fair enough

i hope this gets sorted now

Ian McC
22nd August 2007, 19:05
I can't get it to stream!

Can someone tell me who he said the comments to?

BeansBeansBeans
22nd August 2007, 19:23
To be honest, I'd call myself a BTCC fan, but I still wouldn't stop buying Halfords products because of anything Steve Neal said.

Dave B
22nd August 2007, 19:31
There's plenty of reasons not to shop at Halfords, but Steve's not one of them! :p

BeansBeansBeans
22nd August 2007, 19:46
There's plenty of reasons not to shop at Halfords, but Steve's not one of them! :p

There you are. They can use that as a slogan on the cars!

lilmelvschilton
22nd August 2007, 19:51
There you are. They can use that as a slogan on the cars!

thats not fair

Allyc85
22nd August 2007, 21:14
Team dynamics have email ;)

Hazell B
22nd August 2007, 22:18
Team dynamics have email ;)

Do their sponsors also have mail? ;)

speedy king
22nd August 2007, 22:26
None of this will affect their sponsorship i'd have thought, simply because this has more depth than most deals. Go in to Halfords and see how long it takes before you see something labelled 'Team Dynamics' , they're a big part of the stores..

Hazell B
22nd August 2007, 22:29
A big part of the stores they may be, but no business would stop supplying a store because it stopped sponsorship - it would simply make no business sense at all. It would alter prices, etc, though.

Iain
22nd August 2007, 22:33
Wasn't there a rumour that the Halfords sponsorship was reduced by quite a percentage for this season, compared to previous years?

BM
23rd August 2007, 01:31

i just hope all this gets sorted and i hope matt neal is ok now and dave pinkney

Did you actually read my post? I said that Turner played a part in the accident, not that he caused it and it was totally his fault.

VXRDartford
23rd August 2007, 13:07
A big part of the stores they may be, but no business would stop supplying a store because it stopped sponsorship - it would simply make no business sense at all. It would alter prices, etc, though.

According to Autosport magazine steve neal is suggesting that they could possible loose the halfords sponsorship.

I quote "This could cost us dear. We are all looking at sponsorship at this time of the year and if we fail to turn out it could be bye bye team halfords. I need to talk to their [halfords] ceo"

Can't believe they still only have two finished cars thought they might at least have one spare car.

Hopefully they can get it fixed so the others can beat them on track

Iain
23rd August 2007, 14:16
They've never had to replace any of their cars for years now, they've always managed to use the same two cars for the whole season, so that was maybe partly behind their reason not to have a spare ready. Yes the cars get damaged regularly, but not to that extent.

Dave B
23rd August 2007, 14:30
I'm just thinking: the Integra had a much more bodywork overhanging the wheels, and was possibly more forgiving of the Civic, with its wheels virtually in the corners.

BDunnell
23rd August 2007, 15:30
I don't disagree that Jackson made a mistake, but two things concern me. Firstly it was just that: a mistake. There's absolutely no suggestion from even the wildest swivel-eyed lunatics that he deliberately casued the incident. Secondly I've seen far worse driving go completely unpunished, some during the same weekend, just becuase the end result wasn't as dramatic.

I agree. It's another example of the deep inconsistency that mars the BTCC stewards' decisions, and frankly makes the championship look rather less than serious in the eyes of a fair few people.

Iain
23rd August 2007, 16:47
I'm just thinking: the Integra had a much more bodywork overhanging the wheels, and was possibly more forgiving of the Civic, with its wheels virtually in the corners.

This is true. As we've seen with the Civic and the Leon, they can be quite vulnerable to suspension breakages because of their wheels in the corners layout. :up:

Hazell B
23rd August 2007, 19:50
According to Autosport magazine steve neal is suggesting that they could possible loose the halfords sponsorship.

I quote "This could cost us dear. We are all looking at sponsorship at this time of the year and if we fail to turn out it could be bye bye team halfords. I need to talk to their [halfords] ceo"

My take on that quote is that he's saying if they don't get out there showing off the sponsor's logo, they could lose sponsorship. Frankly, I think they deserve a cut in cash for what has been said, not the chance to mention Halford's name in magazine interviews off the back of an incident like this :mark:

Hopefully they can get it fixed so the others can beat them on track

:p : Couldn't have said it better myself :up:

speedy king
23rd August 2007, 23:20
I feel sorry for any hardcore Team Halfords fans at this moment :p :

Hazell B
24th August 2007, 08:01
Speedy, I guess we all do. It's not often a team has the chance to pile rubbish on their fans like this and all but kick them in the teeth.

Steve Neal's done it a few times though, what with Dan Eaves and the other outbursts. His fans are now used to it and forgiving, a tough crowd you could say. All power to them :)

SEATFreak
24th August 2007, 08:56
Speedy, I guess we all do. It's not often a team has the chance to pile rubbish on their fans like this and all but kick them in the teeth.

Steve Neal's done it a few times though, what with Dan Eaves and the other outbursts. His fans are now used to it and forgiving, a tough crowd you could say. All power to them :)

The difference in bodywork shape between the Integra and Leon aside that is basically certainly sums up the result of his comments on their fans. Who are people I consider in this.

They see Steve Neal whip up controversey by again saying things about others and the upshot is they just end up taking it. Despite him doing everything but kick them in their teeth. But not because they are forgiving. Though they are used to it and they are tough. You don't see Dick Bennentts, Ian Harrison or Scott Dennis acting like he does. He's the only one. Basically as fans, as people who cannot just waltz into their pit garage and tell Steve how wrong he was, they have to take it.

Ian McC
24th August 2007, 19:41
I feel sorry for any hardcore Team Halfords fans at this moment :p :

Don't, we are fine thanks ;)

BeansBeansBeans
24th August 2007, 21:20

What have they done to their fans exactly? And why are you obsessed with the effect on their sponsors? You should fulfil your threat to write to Halfords. "Oh no guys. I know Team Dynamics have delivered two drivers titles in two years, earning us loads of TV and press coverage, but some headcase from Yorkshire has complained about the team owner's post-race comments. Time to cut our ties I think."

Hazell B
26th August 2007, 22:36
What have they done to their fans exactly? And why are you obsessed with the effect on their sponsors? You should fulfil your threat to write to Halfords. "Oh no guys. I know Team Dynamics have delivered two drivers titles in two years, earning us loads of TV and press coverage, but some headcase from Yorkshire has complained about the team owner's post-race comments. Time to cut our ties I think."

How pathetic :mark:

Am I obsessed with their sponsors? No. Have I threatened to write to Halfords? No. Have they delivered two drivers titles in just two years with those sponsors? No. Do I deserve to be called a head case? As I can guess your answer will be yes, I'll simply call you a petty child for picking on me to quote rather than anyone else and ask you something.

Was Steve Neal justified in his comments?
No.

Hazell B
26th August 2007, 22:37
By the way Beans, your obvious obsession with me above all others is getting a bit too obvious, if you know what I mean ;)

speedy king
27th August 2007, 01:21
Yeah keep off she's mine :p :

Ian McC
27th August 2007, 09:13
It's not often a team has the chance to pile rubbish on their fans like this and all but kick them in the teeth.

They have produced a car that has won the championship two years running, aside from Steve Neals lunatic ravings where he engages mouth before brain where exactly is this pile of rubbish you take of? :s

BDunnell
27th August 2007, 10:49
You don't see Dick Bennentts, Ian Harrison or Scott Dennis acting like he does. He's the only one.

With Ian Harrison and Scott Dennis, working for a manufacturer team probably makes something of a difference — not that I'm saying that, if they didn't, they would get as angry as Steve Neal often does, but you get my drift.

What this boils down to is the fact that Steve Neal obviously has an awful temper and a tendency to mouth off in a not altogether pleasant fashion. His outburst against Colin McRae at Knockhill in 1992 was the first indication of it... However, while this may not endear him to many people, including me, I don't think this is enough to justify some of the comments here.

SEATFreak
27th August 2007, 12:47
They have produced a car that has won the championship two years running, aside from Steve Neals lunatic ravings where he engages mouth before brain where exactly is this pile of rubbish you take of? :s

I think wor' lovely Hazel was speaking specifically about the rantings of the Team Dynamics' resident motormouth. If I were a TD fan (What a horrid thought!), I would, speaking about purely what I would feel, feel a tad uneasy that the boss of the team that I spend my money getting tickets to see is tarnishing the teams image by complaining about the behaviour of others.

With Ian Harrison and Scott Dennis, working for a manufacturer team probably makes something of a difference — not that I'm saying that, if they didn't, they would get as angry as Steve Neal often does, but you get my drift.

I am terribly sorry but I am afraid I don't really follow. Being Team Principals of manufacturers they are in a bigger arena of responsibility? Certainly as far as I am aware Steve has really nobody to answer to but himself.

What this boils down to is the fact that Steve Neal obviously has an awful temper and a tendency to mouth off in a not altogether pleasant fashion. His outburst against Colin McRae at Knockhill in 1992 was the first indication of it... However, while this may not endear him to many people, including me, I don't think this is enough to justify some of the comments here.

I completely agree there. I think their is a tendancy present to get carried away with the feelings in an issue.

Whilst Mr Neal Snr. has inflamed feelings when he says what he says about peple and/or teams who get to him, we must remember first and foremost he's a top team boss who is proven at being able to take a team to success.

BDunnell
27th August 2007, 14:11
I am terribly sorry but I am afraid I don't really follow. Being Team Principals of manufacturers they are in a bigger arena of responsibility? Certainly as far as I am aware Steve has really nobody to answer to but himself.

That is exactly what I meant. Character has a lot to do with it as well, of course.

Hazell B
27th August 2007, 20:35

You mean talk of, yes? If not sorry to answer the wrong question.

Dan Eaves' treatment was abysmal during his time there and the end of his contract utterly unfairly done. Nicking his personal sponsor was also underhand.
Ditto poor Gareth Howell almost word for word.
The rubbish that was said after Matt Neal shoved Paul O'Neill off at Brands was, well, rubbish. Talk about kicking a puppy dog!
Collard's penalty also at Brands was pushed and pushed for by Steve Neal. His team members have done just as bad a thing, yet you don't see the same result.

And finally I have a good friend who's followed that team for many years. She's been invited in and welcomed season after season, until they became champions. Now she's ignored completely. She's no freeloader, she was an honest mate with the family who now don't want to know her. Seeing that upset on her face put me off Steve Neal completely.

Adam Bollons
27th August 2007, 21:34
Steve Neal's comments have been spoken about at great length on this forum before, why? He talks nonsense at every given opportunity, maybe he needs attention? It's a good job Neal Jr hasn't inherited his PR skills!

BDunnell
27th August 2007, 22:11
Steve Neal's comments have been spoken about at great length on this forum before, why? He talks nonsense at every given opportunity, maybe he needs attention? It's a good job Neal Jr hasn't inherited his PR skills!

As I said before, the chap obviously has difficulty controlling his temper at certain moments. I suspect the results get so much attention because few others are so voluble. I'm not saying this is a good thing, by the way — far from it. There are ways of being outspoken and then there are other ways of being outspoken.

kerrycox11
28th August 2007, 00:17
steve neal infuriates me! i think he should just keep his trap shut, i know that sounds harsh but he annoys me. you hardly ever hear anyone else complaining about drivers and teams. grrrrrrrr anger!

jon2211
28th August 2007, 05:19
Dan Eaves' treatment was abysmal during his time there and the end of his contract utterly unfairly done. Nicking his personal sponsor was also underhand. Ditto poor Gareth Howell almost word for word.

I don't want to take the thread off topic but I would just like to clarify that as far as I am aware, Steve or TD hasn't ever "nicked" any of Gareth's personal sponsors or treated him in anyway but favourably. Steve has given Gareth the opportunity to win races in the BTCC and has never gone back on his promises to Gareth or anyone associated with him.

SEATFreak
28th August 2007, 08:52
I don't want to take the thread off topic but I would just like to clarify that as far as I am aware, Steve or TD hasn't ever "nicked" any of Gareth's personal sponsors or treated him in anyway but favourably. Steve has given Gareth the opportunity to win races in the BTCC and has never gone back on his promises to Gareth or anyone associated with him.

Maybe Steve didn't nick a personal sponsor of Gareth's but I don't think Gareth was treated favourably - not once but twice.

I don't think bringing Gareth, as good as he is, so late into the season is treating him that favourably.

I understand the need to bring in a driver to bolster the teams scoring on a race-by-race basis. But if Gareth had the money to pay for a seat in the team - unless Alan Gow has put a stop to the 3-car teams - why didn't Steve ask him to come and race for the team?

Les
28th August 2007, 19:01
I think this thread is now going into other areas previously dissected to the minutest level and should be closed.

There will no doubt be plenty of opportunity to start a new thread after Knockhill ;)

MattL
28th August 2007, 21:05
Maybe Steve didn't nick a personal sponsor of Gareth's but I don't think Gareth was treated favourably - not once but twice.

I don't think bringing Gareth, as good as he is, so late into the season is treating him that favourably.

I understand the need to bring in a driver to bolster the teams scoring on a race-by-race basis. But if Gareth had the money to pay for a seat in the team - unless Alan Gow has put a stop to the 3-car teams - why didn't Steve ask him to come and race for the team?

SEATFreak - Leave this one alone. I don't think you know enough about the situation to be able comment intelligently on it!

Hazell B
28th August 2007, 22:58
Matt's comment reminds me - where's Beans gone all of a sudden? He never answered my question :laugh:

BeansBeansBeans
28th August 2007, 23:03
Matt's comment reminds me - where's Beans gone all of a sudden? He never answered my question :laugh:

How surprising. Hazell talking about me. You must have ran out of things to say about Knock On, BDunnell, StuartF1 and all the other people you 'go to war' with.

Erm...what was your question again? Was Steve Neal justified in his comments? No, he wasn't, but we all say silly things in the heat of the moment, and I still fail to see how such outbursts would affect his sponsorship.

Ian McC
29th August 2007, 09:36
You mean talk of, yes? If not sorry to answer the wrong question.

:(

Since this terrible error I have fired my spell checker :mad:

Anyone want the job? :D

Dave B
29th August 2007, 11:55
I'lll vollunteer :p

SEATFreak
29th August 2007, 14:54
SEATFreak - Leave this one alone. I don't think you know enough about the situation to be able comment intelligently on it!

:bigcry: