PDA

View Full Version : Motorbase Performance

VkmSpouge
20th August 2007, 16:07
Those two Toledos of theirs have been in so many accidents this year. The last ones at Brands Hatch have unfortunately meant the team looks set to miss Knockhill (report here (http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~10~id~153219.htm)). A real shame they'll be missing but hopefully their cars will be as good as new for Thruxton in October.

Allyc85
20th August 2007, 17:17
Such a shame to hear this. Those two cars must be pretty twisted with the big impacts theyve had this year :(

poole123
20th August 2007, 17:22
how many cars does that leave for knockhill then?. just read that erkut kizilirmak will miss the knockhill round as well as: kerry, pocklington(maybe), murray, kizilirmak, ferrier, allison, matt neal, pinkney.

Northern Monkey
20th August 2007, 17:24
Motorbase aren't going, Kerry isn't going (he never planned to anyway), Erkut isn't going, Murray isn't going, Pinkney is a big doubt, Neal isn't certain although i'd expect Halfords to do what they need to do to get a car sorted for him. Also Pocklington won't be there.

So from Brands Hatch, at least 5 definately won't go to Scotland with possibly more to follow.

Alfa Fan
20th August 2007, 17:28
Since when is Erkut not going?

BTCC2
20th August 2007, 17:29
I think it's safe to say that if Halfords only have 1 car it will be Shedden that isn't racing.

Northern Monkey
20th August 2007, 17:32

He has commitments in Turkey he can't get out of.

VkmSpouge
20th August 2007, 17:40
I think it's safe to say that if Halfords only have 1 car it will be Shedden that isn't racing.

I've been thinking, don't Team Dynamics have a spare Honda Integra around from last year? If their Civic is so badly battered, they could simply take the Integra instead.

Mp3 Astra
20th August 2007, 17:40

Really? Shedden is now third in the championship, so therefore he would be the logical choice to race at Knockhill?

BTCC2
20th August 2007, 17:45
He is only ahead of Neal by 7 points though.

Anyway are we expecting Taylor and his Integra to be there.

VkmSpouge
20th August 2007, 18:19
He is only ahead of Neal by 7 points though.

Yep, Shedden is ahead of Neal in the championship, having won more races and coming to the track that he knows like the back of his hand. Team Dynamics' best hope of a win at Knockhill would lay with Shedden.

Liz Bolton
20th August 2007, 18:21
Don't forget Knockhill is Sheddon's home curcuit and where he works during the week. I can not see him missing that race weekend.

BM
20th August 2007, 19:02

His sister is getting married in Turkey, so it can't be missed ;)

20th August 2007, 19:45
Are teams allowed to swap cars between drivers? Last year Jason couldn't race in Knockhill after his accident and he wasn't allowed to take the other Seat and previously James T wasn't allowed to use another Vauxhall so if TD can't get the car fixed I guess Matt may be sitting out that weekend!

BeansBeansBeans
20th August 2007, 19:52
Are teams allowed to swap cars between drivers? Last year Jason couldn't race in Knockhill after his accident and he wasn't allowed to take the other Seat and previously James T wasn't allowed to use another Vauxhall so if TD can't get the car fixed I guess Matt may be sitting out that weekend!

I think that only applies to car changes during a race meeting.

There's no way Shedden would be forced to sit out Knockhill - He's the local hero. It would make no sense.

AndySpeed
20th August 2007, 19:58
His sister is getting married in Turkey, so it can't be missed ;)

I should imagine that a turkish wedding would be a good one!...

peewhee
20th August 2007, 21:21
Why can't she get married in Scotland? :D

Anyway, back on topic... Did anyone read the whole story?

Seems like Motorbase will be out next year with 2 Leons....

VkmSpouge
20th August 2007, 21:24
According to the article it'll depend on finances but of course everything does.

PDS
20th August 2007, 21:25
According to the article it'll depend on finances but of course everything does.

Doesn't it always?

AndySpeed
20th August 2007, 22:01
motorbase had always planned to move on to "later models"...