PDA

View Full Version : V8's ere Great, Car 31 Race 2 Outstanding

V8 FAN
20th August 2007, 15:54
After all the dome and gloom from the July Meeting, I have to say that this weekends racing from the SCSA Mac Tools V8 Trophy cars, was the best and most entertaining racing that i have seen from the SCSA for a few years!!

I believe we witnessed the V8's at thier Best this weekend, Good close hard fought battle's throughout the field and at times seemed only inches between them? Great stuff, The oustanding drive of the day for me came in Race 2 from the Car 31- Duncan Gray! This was truly a piece of Oustanding and Gutsy driving! In the 2 years that i have been to watch the SCSA cars, I carnt remember ever seeing another driver overtake so many in 1 race! If the race hadnt been shortened to 29 Laps??? that guy would have been on the podium!!!!!!

Role on September!

"Well done to ALL the V8 Guys"

Nick Brad
20th August 2007, 16:08
The race was shortened to 30 laps to compensate for the pickups race 1 taking longer than expected. Sadly it didn't make any difference though by the end of the day. :(

V8 FAN
20th August 2007, 17:05
The race was shortened to 30 laps to compensate for the pickups race 1 taking longer than expected. Sadly it didn't make any difference though by the end of the day. :(

I spoke with a few of the V8 Mac Tools Trophy drivers at the end of the day including Duncan Gray, and they were all saying that no one had told them the race had been shortened??

Nick Brad
20th August 2007, 17:20
I was told by the chief spotter, likewise the other spotters at the same time, I presume the message never got through to some of the drivers. I made sure Rob knew thuogh before we started rolling.

V8 FAN
21st August 2007, 17:43
Oh i see, but dont you think with all what you spotters have to do! you have enough to remember? and my be the officials should have told all the drivers as they came out on to the track?? or didnt they know at the time? :confused:

Pitty the Pick-ups had so many shunts, then things might have been different :s mokin:

I still feel very sorry for some of the V8 guys :(

Nick Brad
21st August 2007, 17:47
I'm guessing at the time the drivers were already strapped in ready to go, we may have even been rolling on our out lap by that time I can't quite remember.
Anywho, nobody said being a spotter is easy, we're there to do more than just inside, outside, crash in 4......... ;)

V8 FAN
21st August 2007, 18:29
Rather you than me, I have a job just remembering my left from right :D

Nick Brad
21st August 2007, 19:41
Left and right, pah, you don't need to know that for spotting. :D

bravheart
21st August 2007, 20:26
[quote="V8 FAN"]

I believe we witnessed the V8's at thier Best this weekend, Good close hard fought battle's throughout the field and at times seemed only inches between them? Great stuff, The oustanding drive of the day for me came in Race 2 from the Car 31- Duncan Gray! This was truly a piece of Oustanding and Gutsy driving! In the 2 years that i have been to watch the SCSA cars, I carnt remember ever seeing another driver overtake so many in 1 race! If the race hadnt been shortened to 29 Laps??? that guy would have been on the podium!!!!!!

Thanks! Thats really kind of you to say, and regarding the podium? Yes you might well be right but it wasnt to be, So watch this space in September..