PDA

View Full Version : A Mod Retires: Welcome your new Mod

ArrowsFA1
20th August 2007, 10:53
After five years as a moderator of this fine F1 forum I have decided it is time for me to step down.

I'd like to thank Mark (& Andrea) who was foolish enough to ask me to become a mod in the first place, and has been stuck with me ever since :p

I signed up to this forum to talk about the sport I have enjoyed for more than 30years, and in my time here I have come across many who want to do exactly the same :up: That doesn't mean we've always shared the same opinion, but we've been able to exchange and discuss those opinions, and have a laugh along the way. That's been the case whether I've been a member or a mod.

Now, I'm becoming a forum member once more...all yours pino :cool: :s mokin:

pino
20th August 2007, 11:04
ArrowsFA1, it was an honour and a pleasure to work with you, and it's sad to see you leaving the Mod Team. Many Thanks for your great work, you will be missed :) Anyway the show must go on and we already have a replacement for ArrowsFA1 : janneppi . He's the new F1 Mod so welcome to him and good luck :up:

ArrowsFA1
20th August 2007, 11:13
Thanks pino :cool:

Good luck janneppi :s mokin:

janneppi
20th August 2007, 11:17
I will be ruling with an iron fist, handing out small treats to my sycophants, inflicting fear into other forumers using heavy handed punishments given in a whim for even smallest of differences of opinion that dare to be different from mine.

Bow before me for I am your god!
MUHAHHAAAA!!

Now that the official part is done, let's play nice out there. :)

Flat.tyres
20th August 2007, 11:29
thanks Arrows and welcome Janneppi

bit dissapointed not to be asked myself after my herculean effort in not wringing the necks of a couple of people but whatever. your welcome to it ;)

leopard
20th August 2007, 11:38
Please delete if this post is not relevant.

I have been watching mostly posts of Arrows, what a wise and universe of discourse person described with that posts, that certainly it makes this homy forum a place for everyone yearns to stay and talking.

It is a worrying that becoming regular member you will not feed forum up with that various of source of opinion as intense as you used to do.

I know you have high sense of humor about this announcement, let's have a cigar and come again later to this forum and make withdrawals on your statement of retiring.

:s mokin:

555-04Q2
20th August 2007, 11:43
Thanks ArrowsFA1 for your mod time. Enjoy your early retirement ;)

leopard
20th August 2007, 11:56
I will be ruling with an iron fist, handing out small treats to my sycophants, inflicting fear into other forumers using heavy handed punishments given in a whim for even smallest of differences of opinion that dare to be different from mine.

Each post the essence of which about any single driver is supposed to be worthy considered from their origin to make its minimized deferences. ;)

Congrats!
Let's make the merrier party

Donney
20th August 2007, 11:58
Thanks Arrows! and welcome janneppi may your iron fist remain unnecessary for a very long time.

stevie_gerrard
20th August 2007, 12:12
You have done a wonderful job Arrows, hope you enjoy becoming one of us commoners again :p :

Welcome to the new job janneppi, hope you enjoy it.

Can i ask where my invite for moderator went? :p :

CarlMetro
20th August 2007, 12:37
You're retiring again? How long for this time? :p :

Seriously, congrats on your 'retirement' Arrows, you've done a stirling job in the time I've been on here :up:

...............not so sure about the newbie though ;)

Flat.tyres
20th August 2007, 12:41

MUHAHHAAAA!!

can you please PM me a list of insults that are, and are not permissable under the new regime?

I had just about figured out what I could get away with calling a few of the brain dead pillocks on here and feel I have to start again from scratch now. its a huge inconvenience ;)

so, for a starter, how about

"now, Im not saying you have sh*t for brains but if brains really are sh*t, then I doubt you'll ever need to buy toilet paper."

is that OK?

(bit upset to waste that one as I was saving that for Gary :( )

Mark
20th August 2007, 12:48
It's like when Superman loses his powers and becomes a mortal again :p

janneppi
20th August 2007, 13:00
can you please PM me a list of insults that are, and are not permissable under the new regime?

I had just about figured out what I could get away with calling a few of the brain dead pillocks on here and feel I have to start again from scratch now. its a huge inconvenience ;)

so, for a starter, how about

"now, Im not saying you have sh*t for brains but if brains really are sh*t, then I doubt you'll ever need to buy toilet paper."

is that OK?

(bit upset to waste that one as I was saving that for Gary :( )

I would like to see pleasant conversations where emphasis is on how great I am, or about F1 which ever seems more fitting. :)
But as this the F1 forum, there will be things said in anger, or in purpose to flame or cause unnecessary harm to others.
First one isn't as bad since everyone makes mistakes and hopefully regrets them. Second one I don't like at all, and for those who wan't set of guidelines, i suggest the common sense/Jesus method, if common sense doesn't tell youre going too far, i suggest you go find a deep enough lake, put some concrete boots on and try to walk on water.

Robinho
20th August 2007, 13:04
Thanks Arrows, i hope this doesn't mean you will be taking a back seat in forum discussions, you input is highly valued, we could certainly do with more well reasoned and well argued points on the boards, you don't have to always agree with people to be respected.

as for the new boy........? i'm sure you'll do just fine

Flat.tyres
20th August 2007, 13:15
I would like to see pleasant conversations where emphasis is on how great I am, or about F1 which ever seems more fitting. :)
But as this the F1 forum, there will be things said in anger, or in purpose to flame or cause unnecessary harm to others.
First one isn't as bad since everyone makes mistakes and hopefully regrets them. Second one I don't like at all, and for those who wan't set of guidelines, i suggest the common sense/Jesus method, if common sense doesn't tell youre going too far, i suggest you go find a deep enough lake, put some concrete boots on and try to walk on water.

:laugh: like it :laugh:

have to remember that one ;)

pino
20th August 2007, 13:36
Can i ask where my invite for moderator went? :p :

It still on my desk, unfortunately you've forgotten to put the cheque in the envelope...sorry :p :

veeten
20th August 2007, 13:56
typical italian politics... ;) :p :

Have a happy retirement, Arrows. :) Does this mean you qualify for senior discounts, now? ;)

Thanks for a job well done.

Janneppi, you will have a lot to keep up with. Alcohol helps, just ask pino... :p :

ArrowsFA1
20th August 2007, 14:58
Does this mean you qualify for senior discounts, now? ;)
I did ask Mark for a pension, but I missed out because of a technicality :p

Wilderness
20th August 2007, 15:07
One more retirement and you will be out there with Michael Jordan...

Roamy
20th August 2007, 15:16
great job Arrows and welcome Vodka Boy !!!!!!!!

Flat.tyres
20th August 2007, 15:42
here's a retirement present for you

http://www.dragtimes.com/1990-Mazda-Miata-MX5-Videos-7301.html

now, about all these points you keep giving me. do they disappear now your no longer in the Gestapo?

tinchote
20th August 2007, 16:03
One more retirement and you will be out there with Michael Jordan...

That's what the greats do ;) :p :

ArrowsFA1
20th August 2007, 16:04
now, about all these points you keep giving me. do they disappear now your no longer in the Gestapo?
:laugh: Well our new mod may delcare an amnesty...then again :D

keysersoze
20th August 2007, 17:28
Anybody who recognizes and celebrates the professionalism and sportsmanship of Riccardo Patrese is tops in my book.

All our best, Arrows. Looking forward to you being less objective!

airshifter
20th August 2007, 18:36
The mods on this forum have always handled things in a great manner. I've seen other forums where personal bias was often obvious, but I've yet to see it here.

Thanks for the efforts Arrows, and I hope you remain a contributor here on the forums.

Janneppi, you should know mere threats of iron fisted rule have never scared anyone here!

Speaking of which, where has the slayer been?

Daniel
20th August 2007, 20:19
I just hope 4 days in the back of a Nissan Micra haven't turned him soft ;)

Erki
20th August 2007, 20:23
Don't tell me you're going to Trucks now. :p

jarrambide
20th August 2007, 20:26

MUHAHHAAAA!!

So compared to ArrowsFA1 you will be lenient then?

Daniel
20th August 2007, 20:28
You've obviously never talked to Janneppi before :mark: Some of the stuff he said to me when I was in Finland a few weeks ago! :eek:

Makes Stalin look like a compasionate fellow :erm: :p :

ioan
20th August 2007, 22:19
Bye bye ArrowsFA1! ;)
Welcome ArrowsFA1! :)

truefan72
20th August 2007, 22:49

MUHAHHAAAA!!

yes my leige, I shall do thy bidding :)
congrats Janneppi, may your reign be just and compassionate

As to Arrows, welcome back to the Fray, I'm sure you will experience some mod-withdrawal or mod phantom limb syndrom. It's a jungle down here ;)

donKey jote
20th August 2007, 22:51
Hooray for Jänne pie :kiss: :D :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Valve Bounce
21st August 2007, 00:55
After five years as a moderator of this fine F1 forum I have decided it is time for me to step down.

I'd like to thank Mark (& Andrea) who was foolish enough to ask me to become a mod in the first place, and has been stuck with me ever since :p

I signed up to this forum to talk about the sport I have enjoyed for more than 30years, and in my time here I have come across many who want to do exactly the same :up: That doesn't mean we've always shared the same opinion, but we've been able to exchange and discuss those opinions, and have a laugh along the way. That's been the case whether I've been a member or a mod.

Many thanks my friend for a good job. Greatly appreciated.

leopard
21st August 2007, 03:26
Bye bye ArrowsFA1! ;)
Welcome ArrowsFA1! :)

Welcome ioan ! ;) :)

janneppi
21st August 2007, 06:38
I just hope 4 days in the back of a Nissan Micra haven't turned him soft ;)
With you driving on the wrong side of road, terrified is the correct term. :)

Yes, it takes a while for my black list to come together.
There are also few sycophant openings still available.

Hooray for Jänne pie
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif
You're getting closer dönks, now you've actually almost made a Finnish word. :)

You've obviously never talked to Janneppi before Some of the stuff he said to me when I was in Finland a few weeks ago!

Makes Stalin look like a compasionate fellow
Let's not get carried away here,what about all the good things Stalin did?

wmcot
21st August 2007, 07:01

I haven't always agreed with your viewpoints, but you have always put forth a good argument and I feel more educated thanks to the "discussions."

Just how big is a mods pension anyway? ;)

Promise us that you're not doing a JPM and going to the NASCAR forum???

ozrevhead
21st August 2007, 07:09
Congratulations janneppi - you will make a great mod im sure

Well done and Thank You ArrowsFA1 for beeing a great mod and hopefully this doesn't mean you are visiting the forum less and less

Hawkmoon
21st August 2007, 07:16
The King is dead! Long live the King! :champion:

ArrowsFA1
21st August 2007, 08:38
Promise us that you're not doing a JPM and going to the NASCAR forum???
Nah :D F1's my thing, although just what the F1 forum would have made of a fist-fight (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61506) on track is anyone's guess :p :

Just how big is a mods pension anyway?
Errrrrr...so small as to be non-existent :p

Bye bye ArrowsFA1!
:wave:

race aficionado
21st August 2007, 16:13
Arrows,
You are hooked like all of us so I know you will be always around.
You are a unique and essential member of our dear forum.

And Janneppi, your check is in the mail.

thanks for offering to step into the fire.

:s mokin:

wmcot
21st August 2007, 20:38
Nah :D F1's my thing, although just what the F1 forum would have made of a fist-fight (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61506) on track is anyone's guess :p :

That would make things a bit more interesting - leave the FIA out of it and let the drivers settle it man-to-man. Imagine the Hamilton/Alonso pit delay incident!

stevie_gerrard
22nd August 2007, 00:55
It still on my desk, unfortunately you've forgotten to put the cheque in the envelope...sorry :p :

I did send it pino, but you know what royal mail are like these days, they lose anything...... :p :

Flat.tyres
22nd August 2007, 11:39
That would make things a bit more interesting - leave the FIA out of it and let the drivers settle it man-to-man. Imagine the Hamilton/Alonso pit delay incident!

doesn't bear thinking about :laugh:

Ron would cart them both off by the earoles like naughty schoolboys :D

trumperZ06
22nd August 2007, 17:22
:D Thanks Mike, for being soooo..... understanding !!!

You have suffered fools and idiots without losing your composure... that's something most of us can't do !!!

;) Now, you'll have time to put a Mouse engine ( small block - LS7 - Chevy) in that Miata... Look out Porsche's, Italian Stallons... and other wanna-a-be's !!!

Cya around...

Trumper

trumperZ06
22nd August 2007, 17:27

MUHAHHAAAA!!

;) Hhmmm... Welcome head Honcho !!!

I think I still have a bottle or two of JD... left from the Stockpile I laid in for Andrea.

Oh, and maybe a pack of those special.. roll ur own... Ciggies too!!!

:D You can be... $$$ Brought $$$... right !!!

Cya,

Trumper :s mokin:

janneppi
22nd August 2007, 18:02
Oh my, i hope you're not trying to insult me on purpose by offering that Jack Daniels urine, wrong area mate, try Scotland. ;)

trumperZ06
22nd August 2007, 18:25
Oh my, i hope you're not trying to insult me on purpose by offering that Jack Daniels urine, wrong area mate, try Scotland. ;)

;) Hhmmmm... Andrea responded well to JD !!!

Sure hope (for your sake)... she's not reading this !!!

:s mokin:I also have Single Malt in stock... but that does require premium service !!!

:D I'm sure we can work something out !!!

Glad we are now down to... Haggling over price!!! :beer:

Cya,

Trumper

Crank
22nd August 2007, 18:27
I hope this time is for real..... ;)

In any case this forum has not seen such fair mods as the F1 ones. So, I'll just thank our forum legend again, and hope for a real retirement this time.

As for janneppi, good luck and welcome!

ArrowsFA1
22nd August 2007, 19:17
I hope this time is for real..... ;)
It certainly is :s mokin: Like Michael Schumacher my time is done and I'm stepping aside :p : ;)

OTA
22nd August 2007, 23:30
I hope you don't step aside from your posting as I enjoy reading them.

Cheers
David

Blackburn Buccaneer
23rd August 2007, 00:05

i'll say again what i said when i joined: I like this place for the level headedness, passion, level of tolerance, and F1 knowledge that i've found here.
I know noone well here: this does not preclude me from saying: nice job Arrows, and good luck Janneppi

Bezza
23rd August 2007, 15:44
This is a massive shame. First Andrea, now Arrows.

My appearances on here have been based on a good leadership but unfortunately now that is all gone (except the big cheese Marky boy)! I have posted less since Andrea left and now Arrows withdrawal is pretty much the icing on the cake.

Come back Andrea & Arrows!

Dave B
23rd August 2007, 15:52
Of course there are some stupid comments here, and in my humble opinion a few ignorant idiots, but it's not a moderator's job to stifle their opinions, only to slap them down when they break the rules. Pino's always done an excellent job in keeping the forum clean, and I've no doubt that janneppi will continue that. :up:

Daniel
23rd August 2007, 18:28
This is a massive shame. First Andrea, now Arrows.

My appearances on here have been based on a good leadership but unfortunately now that is all gone (except the big cheese Marky boy)! I have posted less since Andrea left and now Arrows withdrawal is pretty much the icing on the cake.

Come back Andrea & Arrows!
Trust me Janneppi is a good bloke :) I don't think he'll make the F1 forum a more dull place to be ;)

schmenke
23rd August 2007, 18:59
Cripes Arrows, I'm amazed you've lasted as long as you have with this lot! :p :
Seriously, thanks for all your effort, dedication and patience :) (...um, before you go, how's about finally removing that unsightly red thingy from my CP :erm: ;) )

Banneppi, glad to have you as a mod! Good luck mate! :D

Storm
24th August 2007, 16:41
Thanks to you ArrowsFA1 :up:

and to whoever put pino AND janneppi as mods..... :\ :p :

congrats janne!