PDA

View Full Version : Rally Norway 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

M5
22nd December 2006, 22:03
Rally Norway have posted a nice film to wish all a Merry x-mas, and to show us how a real winter rally is supposed to look like !

Enjoy ! :D

http://www.rallynorway.no/no/nyheter/god_jul_2007.html

White Sauron
22nd December 2006, 22:37
Rally Norway have posted a nice film to wish all a Merry x-mas, and to show us how a real winter rally is supposed to look like !

Enjoy ! :D

http://www.rallynorway.no/no/nyheter/god_jul_2007.html

Is it somehow possible to extract this video???

White Sauron
22nd December 2006, 22:37
sorry, doublepost

Iskald
23rd December 2006, 00:33
Is it somehow possible to extract this video???

What exactly do you mean by that, WS?

Anyway, no points for guessing who is codriving the yellow Peugeot 206 in the video...

bennizw
23rd December 2006, 00:43
Is it you Iskald, REALLY!? Uh, of course I know ;)

Rally Hokkaido
23rd December 2006, 00:59
Great promotional video - makes me want to start packing my suitcase, now!

JCarlosPP
23rd December 2006, 01:12
http://www.rallynorway.com/files/rn_master_ny_swf_fl8_large.swf

White Sauron
23rd December 2006, 07:58
http://www.rallynorway.com/files/rn_master_ny_swf_fl8_large.swf

Thanks, mate! You got it)

Donney
23rd December 2006, 09:30
Nice Video!!!

Will you be participating this year Iskald?

bennizw
23rd December 2006, 10:39
He's been advertizing for that he wants his last rally as a co-driver to be next years Rally Norway, and seems to have got some fair interest fra various drivers. But he hasn't updated us on the Norwegian forums how it's going around securing a drive yet. So yes Iskald, how is the search going?

Tomi
23rd December 2006, 10:48
Pick the winning car Iskald, hint, it,s a ford, but not orange one ;)

A.F.F.
23rd December 2006, 12:26
It sure looks great. I hope the snow level is up there when rally occurs.

It's not going to be as fast as Sweden, is it? More narrow or am I totally wrong?

bennizw
23rd December 2006, 16:33
You're quite right there A.F.F, a lot more narrow roads for our event than in Sweden, but also a few fast stages as in Sweden.

A.F.F.
23rd December 2006, 16:44
Can they lean on the snowbanks or is it :wave: when you touch the banks ??

bennizw
23rd December 2006, 17:17
I think most of competitiors are doomed to hit the snow banks through a stage in some way ;)

General Prim
23rd December 2006, 18:24
Hey guys: have you look the prices of accomodation?. They are more expensive than in Sweden or Finland, even private appartments or houses and also rent-a-cars.

SubaruNorway
23rd December 2006, 18:43
Yes Rally Norway are realy angry at the hotels for seting the prices so high i think they had raised it even higher earlier but then rally Norway acted on it. And they are woried that this will cost us a future WRC events.

Tomi
23rd December 2006, 18:48
Yes Rally Norway are realy angry at the hotels for seting the prices so high i think they had raised it even higher earlier but then rally Norway acted on it. And they are woried that this will cost us a future WRC events.

or maybe you should pay the spectators expences too, not pay only the teams :)

SubaruNorway
23rd December 2006, 18:58
Didn't now the teams get it free? gues it's included in the entry fee as thats the same wheter you enter in WRC ore N3

Tomi
23rd December 2006, 19:09
Didn't now the teams get it free? gues it's included in the entry fee as thats the same wheter you enter in WRC ore N3

Dont know if its free, it was here in a motorprogram that norway pay expenses, propably not all expenses.

bowler
23rd December 2006, 20:18

entrants normally pay their own accommodation expenses

General Prim
23rd December 2006, 22:42
Not in Portugal this year! even air tickets are paid by ACP!. And teams now want this arrives to be a norm in all the events. I agree but not that spectators must pay for their bill...

A.F.F.
24th December 2006, 09:12
While visiting in Narvik last summer, the hotel prizes were REALLY high. Can't imagine them being even higher :eek:

SubaruNorway
24th December 2006, 09:34
I hope your not staing in Narvik when you are going to Rally Norway as it's in the other end of the contry

A.F.F.
24th December 2006, 13:47
Sorry to say but I'm not coming to your rally. I hope it's good though :)

Sulland
26th December 2006, 11:16
Here you can find info about different options for accomodations in the Rally area:
http://www.rallynorway.com/en/spectators/accommodation.html

If you would like Private accomodation check for options here:
http://www.rallynorway.com/en/accommodation/private.html

Enjoy !
:vader:

FabiaFan
28th December 2006, 19:31
Can we expect any special non-regular entrants? Some locals? Veterans? Rossi? ...?

Iskald
2nd January 2007, 12:54
He's been advertizing for that he wants his last rally as a co-driver to be next years Rally Norway, and seems to have got some fair interest fra various drivers. But he hasn't updated us on the Norwegian forums how it's going around securing a drive yet. So yes Iskald, how is the search going?

Still some days until entries close - and I`m looking into a couple of interesting alternatives. Anyway it won`t be in a WRC-car, which is a (small) pity since I have codriven such cars since autumn 2002, and I still feel its nothing much that can beat the experience of a WRC-car flat-chat in the forests (even when you are not behind the steering wheel yourself...). But I see this as an adventure to actually participate in a World Championship Rally on home soil. Possibly the only chance I`ll ever get, so the car type or mark isn`t really very important.

The rally will be quite different from the Swedish WRC-round - as the stages generally are more narrow, twisty and technical than in Sweden. Having done the Swedfish Rally myself a few times, I really feel it is better and more interesting. Some of the stages in Sweden are IMO a bit too fast, even when they took away some of the "worst" bits before last years event.

It worries me that conditions in parts of the Rally Norway stages are far from wintry at the moment. The whole south loop of the rally hasn`t got snow or ice at all for the moment. But I think conditions are identical in Sweden. The northern loop in Rally Norway looks very good already now. The "Mountain" stage reportedly has appr. 40 cm of snow and excellent conditions. And it`s still six weeks to go.

A.F.F.
2nd January 2007, 13:00
What's the mountain stage? How is it like?

Iskald
2nd January 2007, 14:14
What's the mountain stage? How is it like?

Its a stage in the mountaineous area north-east of Lillehammer, which will be run both saturday afternoon and sunday morning. Appr. 24 kms long, and the stage is run in an area appr. 800 metres above sea level, with scarce forest if none at all through parts of the stage.
Its a fantastic stage in beatiful open terrain for competitors and with some great vantage points for spectators as well. As it runs through areas where there is lots of holiday cabins and cottages, I think the atmosphere will be great with spectators spending the whole weekend there, watching rallying as well as partying and possibly some skiing for the sporty ones. If you watch the video from last years event, you will see the helicopter shot of Henning passing through a mountain farm. This shot is from the Mountain stage.

A.F.F.
2nd January 2007, 14:46
Ok, thanks Iskald :up:

Is it fast or is it more traditional mountain stage with lots of hairpins ?

Iskald
3rd January 2007, 12:46
Ok, thanks Iskald :up:

Is it fast or is it more traditional mountain stage with lots of hairpins ?

We`re not talking about Alpine style mountains, so no drops and hairpins as we know it from Monte Carlo or other mediterranean events. Its a medium fast stage, nice and flowing. Last year Henning Solberg completed the stage in 12.57 for the 22.8 km distance (it will be a bit longer this year). As you surely are able to calculate yourself this gives an average of 105,6 km/h. Actually I think the fastest stage last year was around 108 km/h, so its quite a bit slower than Sweden were several stages regularly tops 120 km/h.

Both Henning Solberg and Daniel Carlsson rated the stages as very difficult and technical. I remember Henning said; "Sweden, its a piece of cake compared to Rally Norway. This is much more difficult and challenging". I know for sure that Henning is very keen to stamp his authority on this years event. He said during his press conference that we shouldn`t expect any fireworks at all from him in Monte Carlo, but of course he looks upon Sweden and Norway as possible podiums for himself. Deep down in his mind I think he has the absolute ambition to win his home event.

pino
3rd January 2007, 13:06
Everything sounds so cool, I might take an extra week off and after Sweden will move to Norway :up: :D

bennizw
3rd January 2007, 13:23
I absolutely think you should Pino! :D My bets on that the rally will be more successfull than Sweden both competitor and snow wize. Has anyone found an open entrylist yet? The last date for entry can't be more than 1 1/2 week away now, concerning the Swedish rally closing date?

A.F.F.
3rd January 2007, 20:21
We`re not talking about Alpine style mountains, so no drops and hairpins as we know it from Monte Carlo or other mediterranean events. Its a medium fast stage, nice and flowing. Last year Henning Solberg completed the stage in 12.57 for the 22.8 km distance (it will be a bit longer this year). As you surely are able to calculate yourself this gives an average of 105,6 km/h. Actually I think the fastest stage last year was around 108 km/h, so its quite a bit slower than Sweden were several stages regularly tops 120 km/h.

Both Henning Solberg and Daniel Carlsson rated the stages as very difficult and technical. I remember Henning said; "Sweden, its a piece of cake compared to Rally Norway. This is much more difficult and challenging". I know for sure that Henning is very keen to stamp his authority on this years event. He said during his press conference that we shouldn`t expect any fireworks at all from him in Monte Carlo, but of course he looks upon Sweden and Norway as possible podiums for himself. Deep down in his mind I think he has the absolute ambition to win his home event.

Ok, cheers again Iskald.

My experience of nNorway is limited and those four hundred kilometers of your mountain roads were pretty twisty. Very good to hear it though, I'm sure Rally Norway can make an image of it's own as a unique rally in the calendar :up:

cosmicpanda
3rd January 2007, 22:15
Deep down in his mind I think he has the absolute ambition to win his home event.

His brother might have something to say about that... should be interesting if we get a battle between Loeb, Marcus, Henning and Petter :D

Iskald
4th January 2007, 09:58
Ok, cheers again Iskald.

My experience of nNorway is limited and those four hundred kilometers of your mountain roads were pretty twisty. Very good to hear it though, I'm sure Rally Norway can make an image of it's own as a unique rally in the calendar :up:

In the western parts of Norway the roads are more like in the alps, with deep fjords and high mountains and roads clinging to the hillsides. There are no rallies in these parts of the country. But Rally Norway is run in the eastern part where there are valleys, forests and montaineous plateaus. Like Sweden and Finland Norway has an abundance of gravel forest roads, and Rally Norway uses roads/stages that formerly have been used by at least four different rallies, both winter and summer. Rally Norway`s longest stage called "Elverum" is a 42 km "monster" near the town with the same name as the stage. The stage will be run both saturday and as the next to last stage on sunday. The stage is made up by several different stages earlier used in the "Snowplough" Rally, and the man behind it is Per Engseth, former international rally and rallycross star.

I actually codrove Engseth in the two last seasons of his career, and we had a great fight with Petter Solberg in the 1998 "Snowplough" rally. Engseth, who is a timber-lorry driver, knew these roads so well that he nearly could have driven them without pace-notes, and before the last stage we led Petter by seven seconds. But because the last stage was on military grounds, where Engseth didn`t know the road so well - and we lost our intercom before the start of the stage (!) - Petter beat us enough to win the rally by five seconds. This was the first rally of the 1998 season, when Petter later went on to become Norwegian champion (for the only time!) and he also did the Lebanon Rally as a complete unknown and ended up as 2nd. This actually got the ball rolling, as Malcolm Wilson became aware of him and gave him an offer to join the Ford team in 1999. The rest is history as you all know.

But surely Petter will have some thoughts about this when he starts the "Elverum" stage on saturday the 17th of february. He was soundly beaten on some of the same roads nine years ago by the man who has constructed the longest stage in the first world rally championship event in his home country. Its quite a good story, isn`t it?

Donney
4th January 2007, 10:32
Great story!

SubaruNorway
4th January 2007, 19:20
Some of the roads in the western parts of Norway around Bergen are not that unlike Monte Carlo actualy.

Jr.
4th January 2007, 22:33
Biggest problem with events in the West is that the roads either has no exit or exits with a very very long return route. Roads are great though, I'm playing with the thought of staging a hillclimb up the Lysebotn road, through 17 hairpins and some tunnels....

Here is a picture of the start from the fjord:
http://www.rally.no/temp/diverse/LysebotnVEI.jpg

SubaruNorway
5th January 2007, 08:35
Wow

bennizw
5th January 2007, 08:57
Please arrange something like this :D

Tom206wrc
5th January 2007, 10:00
Any news about entrylist ??? :confused:

Entries close on 18th january but unlike Sweden, no entry list available during the update... :(

Viking
5th January 2007, 14:49
Any news about entrylist ??? :confused:

Entries close on 18th january but unlike Sweden, no entry list available during the update... :(

Some news for you Tom, Anders A. Kjær is rumoured to be entering in a 307 WRC :up:

http://www.motorsport.no/bilsport/rally/article2503080.ece

Tom206wrc
5th January 2007, 15:05
Excellent :bounce:

But between rumours and reality...gap can be crazy huge :mark:

Viking
5th January 2007, 15:15
Yes but it seems to be ok, Peugeot Norway press conference jan.11

CABAIO E'LONA
5th January 2007, 19:43
Which is Henning's relation with Anders A. Kjær? or only the 307 that was using Henning, will be use for Kjær??

Tom206wrc
5th January 2007, 19:59
Me thinks it's only Henning's whale that Kjaer will use(from Bozian) :p :

Iskald
8th January 2007, 09:53
Me thinks it's only Henning's whale that Kjaer will use(from Bozian) :p :

Think you are right, Tom. No other connections really between Ander Kjær and Henning.

I am not sure about the "smartness" in this project really. Young Anders (21) is undoubtedly a very talented and fine young driver, but I feel it will be like throwing him to the lions with a 307 WRC in Rally Norway. For the last two years he has rallied a Peugeot 206 in the Supercup class. In 2007 he will do the Norwegian championship and selected internationals with a Peugeot Super 1600. He has no competition experience with WRC`s whatsoever, and as far as I know very little testing experience. The 307 is renowned as quite a difficult beast to tame. Probably Anders will do a small test in the car before Rally Norway, but not much more than that. And then it becomes serious - against the worlds best drivers on very demanding stages in Rally Norway. This experience could be shattering for a young and relatively inexperienced driver...

Simmi
8th January 2007, 11:57
Do you think he's seen Mikkelsen and thought why not me?

Tom206wrc
8th January 2007, 12:24
Think you are right, Tom. No other connections really between Ander Kjær and Henning.

I am not sure about the "smartness" in this project really. Young Anders (21) is undoubtedly a very talented and fine young driver, but I feel it will be like throwing him to the lions with a 307 WRC in Rally Norway. For the last two years he has rallied a Peugeot 206 in the Supercup class. In 2007 he will do the Norwegian championship and selected internationals with a Peugeot Super 1600. He has no competition experience with WRC`s whatsoever, and as far as I know very little testing experience. The 307 is renowned as quite a difficult beast to tame. Probably Anders will do a small test in the car before Rally Norway, but not much more than that. And then it becomes serious - against the worlds best drivers on very demanding stages in Rally Norway. This experience could be shattering for a young and relatively inexperienced driver...

Let's patient until thursday 11th january and Peugeot Norway press conference ;)

Iskald
8th January 2007, 14:17
Do you think he's seen Mikkelsen and thought why not me?

You can`t compare Anders Kjær with Mikkelsen, really. Anders Kjær hasn`t got a super-rich father or family - and if Peugeot Norway decides to put Anders in a WRC-car for Rally Norway, there is no further plans in that direction. So it will be a one-off in his 2007 season. As much as I would like to see Norwegian young talents in proper cars, this could prove to be a bit on the tough side. But I am also fully aware that young Anders is extremely promising and talented. He is not the extrovert type like Petter Solberg, more a Markko Märtin-type. But he is intelligent and ambitious, as well as being a "good bloke".

SubaruNorway
8th January 2007, 17:43
But the realy bad thing about Kjær geting the drive is that Tord Linnerud in a 206 WRC will lose his sponsor money from Shell and Peugeot wich are used on Kjær in Rally Norway instead of Linnerud in a whole season.

Tom206wrc
8th January 2007, 17:53
Wow !! Because money for one WRC event cost money for an entire national rallies championship season !!!! :eek:

Gosh !! :s

Iskald
11th January 2007, 09:36
Weather and snow conditions still dodgy for parts of Rally Norway, but a qualified guess is that it is even worse in Sweden, running one week before...

Anyway, ass. clerk of the course in Rally Norway, was interwieved by a local newspaper the other day, and he stated that the organiser had started to look at alternative routes/stages for the southern loop of the rally. The rally goes south to the city of Kongsvinger and plans to use some stages from the former ERC-event Rally Finnskog. But in these parts there are absolutely no snow at the moment. A pity really because there are some stages with great accessability and wiewpoints for spectators.

A crazy winter indeed, but then again, in other parts of Norway snow and wintry conditions are aplenty. First round of the Norwegian Championship, Mountain Rally will be run on saturday, and the conditions are great for winter rallying.

eppel
11th January 2007, 14:19
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/751/bilde071yy5.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bilde071yy5.jpg)

Finni
11th January 2007, 14:59
Anyway, ass. clerk of the course in Rally Norway, was interwieved by a local newspaper the other day, and he stated that the organiser had started to look at alternative routes/stages for the southern loop of the rally.

I am little bit worried that organizators of Sweden have not that kind of flexibility to watch alternative routes.

I am not at all worried about rally of Norway but I am definitely worries about rally of Sweden.

Koppomsbo
11th January 2007, 15:01
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/751/bilde071yy5.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bilde071yy5.jpg)

:up: Nice!

Iskald
11th January 2007, 15:34
Thats not a WRC-car...Its a fully registered road car on Norwegian plates, but styled and liveried as a WRC.

Big discussion in Norway about Kjærs drive in Rally Norway at the moment. The Peugeot importer has put all their money in one bag and pays for the hire of the car and Kjærs drive. That has effectively put Tord Linnerud on the sidelines, as he has not only lost his Peugeot sponsorship, but also his contract with Shell. So Tord Linnerud has put his Peugeot 206 WRC up for sale, and is rumouredly not impressed at all about this! Well informed sources also says that Tord is at the moment testing for Mountain Rally - in a Ford Focus WRC 05 (Mikkelsen car)! Nobody actually seems to know what kind of car he will actually drive in the Mountain Rally on saturday, as Tord still also has his 99 Corolla WRC. It`s a real soap, really, and if you`re still confused, tune in next week to be even more confused...

MHjerpe
11th January 2007, 15:48
It is snowing pretty much here i Karlstad right now... :) hope it will snow a while and that it stays...

Tom206wrc
11th January 2007, 15:48
Bad news for Tord Linnerud :(

But onanother way isn't it a good opportunity for Anders ?? :confused:

eppel
11th January 2007, 15:50
No "Shell-money" for Anders! Will never be either..

Slipzen
11th January 2007, 15:56
Did not the entry time period ended today at 15.00 CET?

Still no sign of any preliminary entry list on the rally homepage. Too bad :(

COD
11th January 2007, 18:22
According to this: http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/muutlajit/2007/01/496622

Juho Hänninen will drive Rally Norway in Mitsu WRC05! Great news! :up:

EDIT: I found it in English also http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/headlines/news/detail/070111164808.shtml

[WRCRR]
11th January 2007, 19:07
According to this: http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/muutlajit/2007/01/496622

EDIT: I found it in English also http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/headlines/news/detail/070111164808.shtml

Excellent!

SubaruNorway
11th January 2007, 19:10
Guy Wilks in a 05 Focus WRC
29 A8 cars awsome

Simmi
11th January 2007, 19:18
Niiiiice list. I dont think we'll see many better then that this year

http://www.rallynorway.com/en/competitors/entrylist_2007.html

Finni
11th January 2007, 19:37
Excellent news on Guy, Juho and Xavi.

Jaanus
11th January 2007, 19:40
If anyone knows what Focus Bernhard Kongsrud is using then please let me know. It would also help me alot if anyone knows is he renting it or has he bought one?

Woodeye
11th January 2007, 19:46

Excellent! :up:

Hopefully he can now cover up for that disappointment from NORF 2006.

DonJippo
11th January 2007, 19:48
Very good entry list indeed...congrats, don't expect to see any better this year.

Jaanus
11th January 2007, 19:52
Very good entry list indeed...congrats, don't expect to see any better this year.

Wait until Rally Ireland ;)

Tomi
11th January 2007, 20:00
yes, really good entry

Viktory
11th January 2007, 20:40
I think Rally Norway will be the death of the Swedish Rally, and from what I've seen so far, I think it's all for the better. Getting sick and tired of praying for snow year in and year out... I just hope we will get some snow for this years Swedish rally as it's probably my last Swedish, going to England to study next year.

Slipzen
11th January 2007, 21:35
I think Rally Norway will be the death of the Swedish Rally, and from what I've seen so far, I think it's all for the better. Getting sick and tired of praying for snow year in and year out... I just hope we will get some snow for this years Swedish rally as it's probably my last Swedish, going to England to study next year.

Well you are really bashing the Swedish Rally. As far as I know it is heavy snowfall as we speak in the Swedish rally area. And according to norwegians there are not that lot of snow is the Rally Norway area either this year. Let us instead hope that two two rallies will have gain of their pairing event strategy. Let us also hope that will be plenty of snow for both Sweden and Norway at the rally weekends.

Tomi
11th January 2007, 21:43
Let us also hope that will be plenty of snow for both Sweden and Norway at the rally weekends.

Yes, and lets also hope that it dont melt until midsummer.

Viktory
11th January 2007, 21:52
Well you are really bashing the Swedish Rally. As far as I know it is heavy snowfall as we speak in the Swedish rally area. And according to norwegians there are not that lot of snow is the Rally Norway area either this year. Let us instead hope that two two rallies will have gain of their pairing event strategy. Let us also hope that will be plenty of snow for both Sweden and Norway at the rally weekends.

Well, this is one of the worst winters I have experienced to be honest. In Norway it seems that it's only the southern loop of stages that don't have snow, and they have a possibility to move them so that is very differnet to Sweden. Every year there is a question about the snow. It just feels that they have more resources, and snow than the Swedish rally. Sure I love the Swedish rally, and I wish it would stay on the calendar, but with no snow.. well then it's kind of pointless, unless they turn it into a summer event... You can't change the weather, therefore you have to change the events.

DonJippo
11th January 2007, 22:20
Wait until Rally Ireland ;)

Jaanus, I was talking about quality not quantity... ;)

A.F.F.
11th January 2007, 22:29
No no no DJ, Jaanus is right. There's O'Brien, O'Mulligan, O' Gallaghan, O'Donnell, O'Malley, O'Dorcy, O'Connner etc.. :up: :)

Tomi
11th January 2007, 22:30
No no no DJ, Jaanus is right. There's O'Brien, O'Mulligan, O' Gallaghan, O'Donnell, O'Malley, O'Dorcy, O'Connner etc.. :up: :)

+ the winner O'Moilanen

Tom206wrc
11th January 2007, 23:17
Yep indeed nice entrylist !! ;)

Leon
12th January 2007, 06:58
new co driver for Pons (after Germany fight?)

DonJippo
12th January 2007, 09:39

O'dear... :dozey:

:p :

Iskald
12th January 2007, 09:54
If anyone knows what Focus Bernhard Kongsrud is using then please let me know. It would also help me alot if anyone knows is he renting it or has he bought one?

I`m quite sure it is the Mikkelsen car, formerly owned by Henning Solberg. I don`t know its origin before that.

29 WRC`s on the list, it`s really great, but there is a few questionmarks and TBA`s still.

Yours truly also on the list, looking forward to a nice weekend trip in the forests. And a lot more comfortable than a WRC-car too...

Gard
12th January 2007, 12:00
I`m quite sure it is the Mikkelsen car, formerly owned by Henning Solberg. I don`t know its origin before that.

29 WRC`s on the list, it`s really great, but there is a few questionmarks and TBA`s still.

Yours truly also on the list, looking forward to a nice weekend trip in the forests. And a lot more comfortable than a WRC-car too...

he he, that car will have some experience in it ;) Be sure to bring your
rolling walkers :p

CABAIO E'LONA
12th January 2007, 20:07
30 in the WRC class! great entry list!!

CABAIO E'LONA
13th January 2007, 19:55
30 WRCs in a WRC event, when was the last time that happened?

MikeD
14th January 2007, 18:44
Anybody know if it's Prodrive who will run/prepare the "Abu Dhabi Subaru Rally Team" ? - or is it a new team?

Iskald
23rd January 2007, 15:17
Snow has arrived in most parts of Norway - and that means proper winter conditions in almost all parts of the Rally Norway route. The northern stages close to Lillehammer has up to one metre of snow. The souther parts near Kongsvinger 15-20 cm, but anyway its white and cold and looks good!

It will however be a difficult rally for all - as only 50 km of the stages from last year is identical this year. They are using a lot of the same roads, but in different direction and shorter or longer versions. Good news also about Andreas Mikkelsen who is fast recovering from his "mono" and is confirmed as a starter coming saturday in Rally Hadeland, the second round of this years norwegian championship.

All is looking very well indeed for Rally Norway - and I can`t wait to get going!

SubaruNorway
23rd January 2007, 15:58
Last year i think it came one metre of powder snow in a few days and i could drive around on a parkinglot with the snow reaching the bonnet of the car very funny :D

SubaruNorway
24th January 2007, 17:03
At the subaru vilage you can test the Force Dynamics 301
http://www.pettersolberg.no/?lang_pref=en

Audimadgeoff
24th January 2007, 23:12
Hi all,
Pleased to hear that true winter conditions are finally arriving in Norway. I arrive on the Wednesday to cover the event for a couple of publications including WRC Results Magazine - have done Sweden a couple of times and loved it - really looking forward to this one!

Good luck to all!

J4MIE
24th January 2007, 23:30
Hi all,
Pleased to hear that true winter conditions are finally arriving in Norway. I arrive on the Wednesday to cover the event for a couple of publications including WRC Results Magazine - have done Sweden a couple of times and loved it - really looking forward to this one!

Good luck to all!

G'day mate. Enjoy yourself and remember and take it easy on those roads ;)

Iskald
25th January 2007, 12:48
And take it easy in the bars ;-). Hamars is not a big city, but there is a great number of bars and pubs offering ample opportunities for a "healthy" nightlife.
Here are my favourites:

Restaurant: Masi - mediterranean - by far the best eating place, but rather expensive.
Pub: Siste Indre - famous for its speed skating memorabilia and tradition.
Bar/Nightclub: Stallgården - high spirits on two floors.

Lots of restaurants and bars were established for the 1994 Olympic Games, so Hamar is one of Norways best towns for nightlife regarding the size of the town. With the Olympics and later several big speed skating events and championships Hamar is also used to welcoming "foreigners" so its a great little city to visit. Which btw also goes for Lillehammer, the main city of the 94 Olympics.

alleskids
25th January 2007, 13:15
Anybody know if it's Prodrive who will run/prepare the "Abu Dhabi Subaru Rally Team" ? - or is it a new team?

An other site is reporting that Prodrive has prepared 3 Impreza's for the Abu Dhabi Subaru Rally Team for Norway. I spotted 4 privat Impreza's on the entrylist. So which of the other drivers (Mads Ostberg, Anders Grondal, Dalsjo Rune) is providing Khalid with local knowledge ?

Audimadgeoff
25th January 2007, 23:20
G'day mate. Enjoy yourself and remember and take it easy on those roads ;)

what you implying I drive like a loony? :eek: ;)

hopefully we'll meet up at a few later in the year buddy! ;)

Tom206wrc
30th January 2007, 08:59
Any pictures of Anders Kjaer's Bozian whale ??? :confused:

Halvis
30th January 2007, 09:03
On his web-blog,

http://www.vgb.no/6339/

Henning Solberg says that they next week are launching a competition of some kind - with the very interesting 1st price of a trip in the co-driver seat during shakedown in Rally Norway! Sounds incredible, is it really legal?

turves
30th January 2007, 10:18
On his web-blog,

Henning Solberg says that they next week are launching a competition of some kind - with the very interesting 1st price of a trip in the co-driver seat during shakedown in Rally Norway! Sounds incredible, is it really legal?

I would guess so because teams can take TV presenters etc on the shakedown stage. I assume as long as they have the correct safety gear that anyone can be taken.

MikeD
30th January 2007, 11:20
Tord Linnerud will enter in Mikkelsens 2002 Ford Focus (picture below) - but is working on a deal that might give him a Focus 2005 model.

http://www.tordlinnerud.com/index.php?page=nyheter&id=122&open_menu=

http://www.tordlinnerud.com/images/news/122.jpg

There is 11 Ford Focus WRC cars enteres for Rally Norway!!!!!! Isn't that a record?

VFTS
30th January 2007, 12:12
The article is old and is about his start in Mountain Rally in january where he did start with the 02 Focus from Mikkelsen.

He is working on a start in Rally Norway with a newer Focus, but I think he will start with his Peugeot 206 WRC

Iskald
30th January 2007, 13:02
The article is old and is about his start in Mountain Rally in january where he did start with the 02 Focus from Mikkelsen.

He is working on a start in Rally Norway with a newer Focus, but I think he will start with his Peugeot 206 WRC

Tord Linneruyd (my old driver) will drive his Peugeot 206 WRC in Rally Norway. He drove Rally Hadeland (2nd round Norwegian Championship) in this car last saturday, but had big problems finding a proper set-up and ended up 4th, more than two minutes behind Mads Østberg (Subaru Impreza WRC).

19 year old Mads showed excellent performance last saturday. He led Thomas Schie (Ford Focus) by only nine seconds before the last two stages. Then he turned up the wick and beat Schie by nearly 40 seconds on the two stages. His times was better than Henning Solberg from 2005, and he beat Schie by more than Henning Solberg did that time! Schie, who is no slouch himself on ice and snow, was mightily impressed. He reckons himself a candidate for a top-10 placing in Rally Norway, but he actually said that Mads Østberg (with this speed) was a top-6 contender in Rally Norway.

Jaanus
30th January 2007, 13:16
There is 11 Ford Focus WRC cars enteres for Rally Norway!!!!!! Isn't that a record?

Unfortunetly Tord is driving his 206 WRC in Norway, but 10 Focus WRC cars in one WRC events is still a new record. Last record was 9 Focus WRC cars in one WRC event.

eppel
30th January 2007, 13:23
Any pictures of Anders Kjaer's Bozian whale ??? :confused:

No pictures before February 9, same day as the first day in the Swedish Rally. This is the day when Anders will see the car for the first time, and test the car at Dagali, Norway.

MikeD
30th January 2007, 14:09
Unfortunetly Tord is driving his 206 WRC in Norway, but 10 Focus WRC cars in one WRC events is still a new record. Last record was 9 Focus WRC cars in one WRC event.

Hi Jaanus,

I think there is 10 Focus's in Sweden as well.

Jaanus
30th January 2007, 14:14
Andreas Mikkelsen is not starting in Sweden, so there will be 9 Focus WRC cars.

calibr
31st January 2007, 01:40
I`m gonna be marshall at Ss6. Taking my Camera with me. Also that thay have I my 20th birthday :D

Nicest birthday ever! :)

CABAIO E'LONA
31st January 2007, 20:50
Andreas Mikkelsen is not starting in Sweden, so there will be 9 Focus WRC cars.

bad news! what problems to have Mikkelsen? , but in Norway he will be competing?

SubaruNorway
31st January 2007, 21:05
He wasn't alowed by the Swedis goverment because he is still 17, but yes he will drive in Norway.

Iskald
1st February 2007, 09:32
He wasn't alowed by the Swedis goverment because he is still 17, but yes he will drive in Norway.

The funny thing about Andreas Mikkelsen driving some rallies in Norway before the WRC-event, is that he is actually not allowed to drive on the road sections. He has been given dispensation to compete in several rallies, and drove Rally Hadeland last saturday. He will also compete in Sigdalsrally this coming saturday. But on these events codriver Ola Fløene has to take the steering wheel on the road sections. So its okay for Andreas to drive 200 km/h on the stages, but not 60 km/h on the normal roads! He is only 17, you know...

I actually don`t know what they will do in Rally Norway, but I think he has been given a dispensation also for the road sections in this event. Anyway I hope so, because it will be a lot of hassle for codriver Fløene to do a proper job when he is occupied on both sides in the car during such a long and hard event.

Glee
1st February 2007, 09:38
The funny thing about Andreas Mikkelsen driving some rallies in Norway before the WRC-event, is that he is actually not allowed to drive on the road sections. He has been given dispensation to compete in several rallies, and drove Rally Hadeland last saturday. He will also compete in Sigdalsrally this coming saturday. But on these events codriver Ola Fløene has to take the steering wheel on the road sections. So its okay for Andreas to drive 200 km/h on the stages, but not 60 km/h on the normal roads! He is only 17, you know...

I actually don`t know what they will do in Rally Norway, but I think he has been given a dispensation also for the road sections in this event. Anyway I hope so, because it will be a lot of hassle for codriver Fløene to do a proper job when he is occupied on both sides in the car during such a long and hard event.

If they install a extra mirror for Ola Fløene and a big red L on the back of the car, then they might can do the road sections as a school tour / driving lesson?

Halvis
1st February 2007, 11:16
If they install a extra mirror for Ola Fløene and a big red L on the back of the car, then they might can do the road sections as a school tour / driving lesson?

Good one! :laugh:

You're probably correct, that might be legal...

SubaruNorway
1st February 2007, 14:23
The official Rally Norway song made by Vazelina very funny http://www.glomdalen.no/video/article2557846.ece

SubaruNorway
1st February 2007, 21:51
Be sure to check out the Rally Cafe' http://www.norodd.com/scripts_m/websider/default.asp?websiderid=314

bennizw
1st February 2007, 21:55
Check out this:

http://www.norodd.com/scripts_m/websider/default.asp?websiderid=314

Norodd motorsport are arranging a rally cafè during Rally Norway. Very near SS 9/18 (4 kms) and Nøttåsen spectator area. The cafè will be open from 06:00-24:00 each leg, and Saturday evening will host a pub evening with alcohol serving and even live music!

Make a visit during your Rally Norway trip :)

Glee
1st February 2007, 22:01
Today the Norwegian Postal service has shown their official Rally Norway stamps!

Henning and Petter Solberg is joined by Thomas Schie (Petter for national stamps, Henning for European stamps and Thomas for World stamps)

http://www.posten.no/Portal/NyheterPresse/Pressemeldinger/01022007pmrallyfrimerker.htm

SubaruNorway
7th February 2007, 19:55
David Richards wants Norway to be in the 2008 calendar.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=168178

Priorat
9th February 2007, 17:44
Has anybody in the forum driven the SS11/SS15 Mountain?
Where is the most interesting section, both on driving and landscape viewing?

SubaruNorway
9th February 2007, 23:38
BIG NEWS! There are rumors that every stage in Rally Norway are broadcasted by "eye in the sky" pressrelease this weekend ore monday.
To bad im whatching it from the forest :D

Tom206wrc
10th February 2007, 17:33
Yesterday Anders Kjaer had a test with his Bozian whale he will use on next Rally Norway !! :D

Pictures and small video on his website http://www.kjaermotorsport.no ...

I like his whale's livery(the same as on his 206 S1600) :bounce:

cosmicpanda
12th February 2007, 05:18
what is the temperature expected to be? Rally radio was predicting that it would be less than -23 degrees celcius.

And how are the stages? Are there proper snowbanks?

bennizw
12th February 2007, 09:05
Well, temperatures aren't on the warm side just now. I think it's around - 17 C where I live, which isn't too long away from the stages. So I expect such temperatures for the weekend coming, allthough it would be better with some stable temperatures around - 5. It's going to kill my camera batteries!

ST205GT4
12th February 2007, 10:38
I wonder if Atkinson will try to go out harder at the start of Rally Norway?

turves
12th February 2007, 12:16
I wonder if Atkinson will try to go out harder at the start of Rally Norway?

I think he'll follow a similar plan to Sweden, as it seemed to be paying off. He just needs to keep his concentration on the final day...

WRC2006
12th February 2007, 14:40
Similar plan as in Sweden of course but he need to control himself and know his limit. Otherwise he made an unnecessary mistake in Sweden after such amazing 2 days.

Halvis
13th February 2007, 10:28
According to NRK (national broadcaster), Henning Solberg has got the thumbs up from Malcolm Wilson to go flat out in Rally Norway.

I'm really looking forward to this rally, it will be interesting to see if Hennings knowledge of the stages (even if they are run opposite direction of earlier years, if I have understood it correct) will be enough for him to challenge for even victory? Marcus and Loeb will be very, difficult to beat, but I think that if Henning is allowed, he can beat Mikko here.

Leon
13th February 2007, 10:46
[quote="Halvis"]According to NRK (national broadcaster), Henning Solberg has got the thumbs up from Malcolm Wilson to go flat out in Rally Norway.

If I´m not mistaken Henning pays quite a lot of money for his drive to Malcolm, he is not a paid ford driver.

if this is true I wonder why he needs Wilson´s agreement to drive as he pleases.

A.F.F.
13th February 2007, 10:51
Henning is basicly the only one with decent experience of rally Norway. I guess it's have been a long time since Petter last time rallied in Norway ? In the respect, Henning should have upper hand to others.

I wish Henning a good rally. Then again I wish for Mikko too :D

PS. Garde might be a tough bone to beat there. I'd imagine Norway's route is something Toni likes and is good at.

Halvis
13th February 2007, 13:05
http://www.rallynorway.com/en/news/nrk_opens_coffers_for_rally_norway.html

NRK will have an extensive coverage of Rally Norway, with live coverage of SS8 on Friday and the 2 spectator stages. They will have a heli-cam, not clear to me if it will be possible to stream it live, though. In total, they will send 7-8 hours from Rally Norway. :up:

My thread about getting help going to the rally has (not surprisingly) been closed, please PM me if anyone has a free seat from Oslo on Friday morning and back in the evening!

turves
13th February 2007, 13:21
If I´m not mistaken Henning pays quite a lot of money for his drive to Malcolm, he is not a paid ford driver.

He is part of the Stobart Team though isnt he?

Halvis
13th February 2007, 13:29
He is part of the Stobart Team though isnt he?

Yes, he is. If Malcolm tells him to slow down, he does. Don't know if it was the case in Sweden, though, even if it is reported in som norwegian media.

SubaruNorway
13th February 2007, 13:46
I drove trough the last part of SS13/16 from Finnstuen area 13.3 and the whole shakedown stage yesterday http://thepiratebay.org/user/SUBARUNORWAY1

L5->R5/CR
13th February 2007, 16:38
Yes, he is. If Malcolm tells him to slow down, he does. Don't know if it was the case in Sweden, though, even if it is reported in som norwegian media.

And I don't thinke Henning brought enough money to be able to do whatever he wants for 16 WRCs in 2007. I think M-Sport/Stobbart are still footing a part of the bill for Henning's program (maybe he had enough money for 0 testing for instance)?

Besides, lets think about this one. You are in a team, with a team boss that has the potential to offer the most WRC seats to drivers, atleast in the present. You are also a pay driver, with aspirations of not being a pay driver. Are you going to not listen to the man you want to atleast partially impress?

Come on guys, who would seriously think that Henning has free reign? He is in the Ford WRC camp and if he wants to stop needing private funding to rally he will be a good team player. He had to know his job was to prevent Subaru and Citroen drivers from scoring as many points as possible, not to prevent Mikko from scoring point.

Henning will get to run loose a couple times this year, and will also probably DNF while trying to run as fast as he can to do his job, which is to be between Mikko and Dani on gravel (could also be said that that is Latvala's preffered goal as well).

teufel
13th February 2007, 17:20
Come on guys, who would seriously think that Henning has free reign? He is in the Ford WRC camp and if he wants to stop needing private funding to rally he will be a good team player. He had to know his job was to prevent Subaru and Citroen drivers from scoring as many points as possible, not to prevent Mikko from scoring point.

Henning will get to run loose a couple times this year, and will also probably DNF while trying to run as fast as he can to do his job, which is to be between Mikko and Dani on gravel (could also be said that that is Latvala's preffered goal as well).

well said! :up:

JAM
13th February 2007, 17:57
And I don't thinke Henning brought enough money to be able to do whatever he wants for 16 WRCs in 2007. I think M-Sport/Stobbart are still footing a part of the bill for Henning's program (maybe he had enough money for 0 testing for instance)?

Besides, lets think about this one. You are in a team, with a team boss that has the potential to offer the most WRC seats to drivers, atleast in the present. You are also a pay driver, with aspirations of not being a pay driver. Are you going to not listen to the man you want to atleast partially impress?

I think that henning as no ideas of being a paid driver in the future, because he is not young. Besides that, he pays to run and he has everything agreed with the team. If he wants to take risks he will take risks, but if things went wrong he probably pay the bill higher than expected.

MSport is not the only team who rent good cars. Henning in a Xsara wouldn't be bad at all... The Stobart 06Focus are far from the works Focus.

By the way, did anybody believed that in Norway Hening wouldn't have maximum atack?? I didn't. Autorization? Pfffff.... the money gives authorization and Malcon Wilson is not stupid, he knows the Henning'sn rally of the year could be Norway.

Let's see what happen if he pass Hirvonen.... and catchs Gronholm?!? Would be nice to see if M Sport would allow the Stobart Focus being so fast... Let's wait, let's wait!

Tom206wrc
13th February 2007, 18:19
By the way any pictures of reconnaissance and assistance stands in Norway ?? :confused:

VFTS
13th February 2007, 18:39
The Subaru-team are building their servicearea inside the Vikingskipet at Hamar.
http://www.pettersolberg.com/

SubaruNorway
13th February 2007, 18:41
http://atvs.vg.no/player/index.php?id=7602

L5->R5/CR
13th February 2007, 18:48
I think that henning as no ideas of being a paid driver in the future, because he is not young. Besides that, he pays to run and he has everything agreed with the team. If he wants to take risks he will take risks, but if things went wrong he probably pay the bill higher than expected.

MSport is not the only team who rent good cars. Henning in a Xsara wouldn't be bad at all... The Stobart 06Focus are far from the works Focus.

By the way, did anybody believed that in Norway Hening wouldn't have maximum atack?? I didn't. Autorization? Pfffff.... the money gives authorization and Malcon Wilson is not stupid, he knows the Henning'sn rally of the year could be Norway.

Let's see what happen if he pass Hirvonen.... and catchs Gronholm?!? Would be nice to see if M Sport would allow the Stobart Focus being so fast... Let's wait, let's wait!

I disagree with you about Henning's long and short term goals in his driving career. With the advent of "B" teams in the WRC I do fully believe that his goal is to be in a competitive team for many years, ideally in the end as a driver who doesn't have to pay the team and can use personal sponsors for private income. He wants to have a career in the WRC, this is his only way to do that as he will never be a salaried driver from a team.

The Stobbart focus might not be a top 06 spec car but for a driver like Henning the Xsara, with its deminishing amount of things like shells and spare parts, there was really only one choice, Ford. Let's not forget that Henning was signed to be the lead driver in a team, a Ford team as well. He might have brought the money but I can't believe that he doesn't fall under team orders, and even more so, I just can't believe that Henning wasn't lead to expect that his role would be to finish either behind Mikko or in the worse case, infront of Dani if Mikko has problems. Ford brought him into the team to try to keep Citroen from scoring points. I can't imagine that the team won't expect him to finish as many rallies as possible between Mikko and Dani. I also don't think Malcom realistically expects Henning to not want to go max attack on events where he excels.

I guess we will see how much Henning is able to attack as the season unfolds, but I expect the team to be asking him to run as fast as is needed to be behind Mikko and infront of Dani much more often than not.

noel157
13th February 2007, 18:48
Anybody know what car Citroen use to recce in?

Tom206wrc
13th February 2007, 18:57
Anders Kjaer is doing the recce in a Peugeot Partner 4x4(4WD) !!! :eek:

http://www.kjaermotorsport.no

But why Peugeot didn't use the "Dangel" Partner instead of the Mitsu when they ran a factory team ??? :laugh:

Finni
13th February 2007, 19:09

Stobart Focus' are exactly same cars what work drivers used last year. And Ford's new car has no any particular developements. Grönholm said that they of course try always some little things but granted that developepemt pace in wrc is almost nothing we can say that Henning practically has same equipment with work-boys.

SubaruNorway
13th February 2007, 19:36
Yes and the new spec will not apear until this summer the only difference are things like springrate as i gues they can't bring a bunch of springs but maybe 3 like with the roll bars

JAM
13th February 2007, 20:35
I would love to see a driver at 34 having a chance at a team without entering money, and Henning could be one of them, but the present situation is not for drivers over 30. Over 30 and in a team without having sponsors only for the ones like Gronholm, Loeb, Hirvonen... not for Henning, Carlsson or even Gardemeister. That the sad reality.

About the Focus, i believe this car is like the owrks car, but is not able to run as the works cars. This car is a step beyhond the works cars, so never be so fast. Is my opinion based on a idea of a customer car.

Abot team orders, let's wait by the rally. Henning has skills to beat Hirvonen, i have few doubts about that, but let's see if the team will let him beat Hirvonen. He is a customer who pays to drive, why have to respect a works car? Interesting situation to follow...

pucky54
13th February 2007, 21:28
can we follow the rally live via net @ the norwegian tv stations homepage?

Finni
13th February 2007, 21:32
About the Focus, i believe this car is like the owrks car, but is not able to run as the works cars. This car is a step beyhond the works cars, so never be so fast. Is my opinion based on a idea of a customer car.

Last year Focus didn't get any better during the season. Marcus performance-level was whole the time parallel with Loeb since Sweden. At least I wonder when they took any clear steps of perfomance..

Solberg is driving for Ford's M-2 team which is as such remarkable thing for Ford. Stobart boys are also eating points away from Sordo. I don't see how they would downgrade the cars in that situation. Consequently it's fully clear that Henning has same equipment than last year work drivers.

Also Latvala has said that he is driving the car which is one of the best cars in wrc-scene.

Halvis
13th February 2007, 21:49
Last year Focus didn't get any better during the season. Marcus performance-level was whole the time parallel with Loeb since Sweden. At least I wonder when they took any clear steps of perfomance..

Solberg is driving for Ford's M-2 team which is as such remarkable thing for Ford. Stobart boys are also eating points away from Sordo. I don't see how they would downgrade the cars in that situation. Consequently it's fully clear that Henning has same equipment than last year work drivers.

Also Latvala has said that he is driving the car which is one of the best cars in wrc-scene.

You're probably right in this assumption. As earlier said in this thread, only small evolutions have been made in the M1 cars. If Henning's car wasn't practically identical, his drive in Sweden would have been astonishing. It was very, very good, but not that good.

Finni
13th February 2007, 22:06
You're probably right in this assumption. As earlier said in this thread, only small evolutions have been made in the M1 cars. If Henning's car wasn't practically identical, his drive in Sweden would have been astonishing. It was very, very good, but not that good.

Halvis, by the way, you are exceptionally reasonable person in your judgments. ;) You should write more to this forum. If I was in rally of Norway I could buy you one beer! :)

JAM
14th February 2007, 02:08
Puting the car factor on the side, i expect a fantastic perfomance of Henning in Rally Norway. Do you think that he will be able to beat Hirvonen?

Leon
14th February 2007, 06:54
I do not expect anything special from Henning in Norway based on his performance last year where he was pressed hard by Carlsson in a Mitsu. Hope he proves me wrong for his sake and of what his sponsors expect of him to do in their own country.

Anyway I believe the amount of pressure he will be under this weekend is huge for him not to make a mistake.

leno
14th February 2007, 08:16
Anyway I believe the amount of pressure he will be under this weekend is huge for him not to make a mistake.

I completelly agree

Halvis
14th February 2007, 09:05
Halvis, by the way, you are exceptionally reasonable person in your judgments. ;) You should write more to this forum. If I was in rally of Norway I could buy you one beer! :)

Thanks for kind words, a beer would have been great!

Hmm, still haven't gotten a ride to the rally, not sure if I will go alone - really horrible!

Halvis
14th February 2007, 09:19
I do not expect anything special from Henning in Norway based on his performance last year where he was pressed hard by Carlsson in a Mitsu. Hope he proves me wrong for his sake and of what his sponsors expect of him to do in their own country.

I'm sorry to say, but I think you remember this wrong. When Carlsson (fresh from the podium in Sweden) went into the ditch on SS12, Henning had won 10 stages and Carlsson 1 stage. Henning led Daniel by 1.38 after stage 11, more than 0.4 secs faster pr. km.

I agree that the pressure on him is huge, and unlike anything he ever has experienced - hopefully he will cope!

Zes
14th February 2007, 09:48

I think Seb had a Lancer. By the way, Mikko had a Volvo...

calibr
14th February 2007, 10:05
I'm sorry to say, but I think you remember this wrong. When Carlsson (fresh from the podium in Sweden) went into the ditch on SS12, Henning had won 10 stages and Carlsson 1 stage. Henning led Daniel by 1.38 after stage 11, more than 0.4 secs faster pr. km.

I agree that the pressure on him is huge, and unlike anything he ever has experienced - hopefully he will cope!

Henning won also by 5 minuts to next competator in 2006. So if he was pressed by Daniel Carlson like Leon here say. Then its not fact. Mads Østberg where + 05:11.3 to Henning last year

http://results.rallynorway.no/2006/

CalibR

Xeroid
14th February 2007, 10:06
Anyone got any vid/cam sites for Norway ? Be nice to see some more snow or a 'Viking Ship' service point cam.
Just to get into the groove for it all and watch a wee bit of 'live' action.

Viking
14th February 2007, 10:26

Video from the recce Seb is at the end.

http://atvs.vg.no/player/sport/7602-rally-stjernenes-dom-perfekte-.html

Also an interesting vid backstage swrt service area Hamar

http://atvs.vg.no/player/?id=7615

Wim_Impreza
14th February 2007, 10:49
Puting the car factor on the side, i expect a fantastic perfomance of Henning in Rally Norway. Do you think that he will be able to beat Hirvonen?

Yes, I think. Maybe even Loeb if Henning didn't make little mistakes.

Viking
14th February 2007, 11:04
It will be interesting too see the C4 here, it is 10 cm wider than the Xzara and some of the stages her are a lot more narrow than in Sweden. The speed will also generally be slower.

Finni
14th February 2007, 11:36
Thanks for kind words, a beer would have been great!

Hmm, still haven't gotten a ride to the rally, not sure if I will go alone - really horrible!

I can tell that it's worth to go even alone. That atmosphere and excitement when top-crews pass you is awesome. Especially if you have never watched wrc-rally live..

A.F.F.
14th February 2007, 12:28
Somehow I think Halvis has experienced a live rally.

Halvis
14th February 2007, 12:46
Somehow I think Halvis has experienced a live rally.

He-he, you're right, but just by a wink! I was in Sweden in '04 - saw just one stage, Vargåsen. It was great, though!

Unfortunately I only have a few friends that are interested, and they are busy this weekend...

FF-fan
14th February 2007, 12:58
Backstage at Subaru:

http://atvs.vg.no/player/

SubaruNorway
14th February 2007, 13:28
Be sure to check out the Shakedown stage and the last part of ss13/16
http://thepiratebay.org/user/SUBARUNORWAY1

Viking
14th February 2007, 14:10
Gigi looking forward to Rally Norway

http://www.rallynorway.com/en/news/gigi_galli_is_looking_forward_to_rally_norway.html

Tom206wrc
14th February 2007, 14:37
Any translation from our norwegian friends ??? :confused:

http://www.kjaermotorsport.no/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=34

Halvis
14th February 2007, 14:47
Any translation from our norwegian friends ??? :confused:

http://www.kjaermotorsport.no/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=34

They have worked a lot with the pace notes - since it's quite different to write them to a much faster car then they are used to.

They look forward to the rally, more and more.

Had a test last weekend, on Dagali. Drove two stages (I don't know from which rally they are used) on 7.5 and 10 km - setting new records, previously held by Mark Higgins, by 7 seconds for both of them.

Very satisfied with the help from Bozian.

Will go out in a steady pace, and try to finish by all means - will push a little bit more when they learn the car better.

That was a short translation on key subjects.

Tom206wrc
14th February 2007, 16:06
Thanks Halvis... ;)

SubaruNorway
14th February 2007, 17:26
Could you who are finished downloading the videos please seed it for few days my mom turned of the computer last night so some are not making it before the shakedown starts tomorow. Thanks!
http://thepiratebay.org/user/SUBARUNORWAY1

Donney
14th February 2007, 18:34
Thanks for the vids I have only downloaded the shakedown and I wonder how they see the road, sometime it is just a white surface with hardly any indication on where the road is.

Koppomsbo
14th February 2007, 18:34
i heard on the swedish radio today that rally norway has a lack of marshals?? is this true??

SubaruNorway
14th February 2007, 18:44
Thanks for the vids I have only downloaded the shakedown and I wonder how they see the road, sometime it is just a white surface with hardly any indication on where the road is.

I now at the field at the end its realy difficult when its no sun the light is realy flat. I had to pul a Volvo Xc70 out of the ditch ore at least try as it didn't pul on the front wheels probably because the ESP was on i gues.

I think they where missing 150 people yesterday they got 150 on tuesday so i don't think it's big problem and it was only on the sundays stages they where laking people

calibr
14th February 2007, 18:46
i heard on the swedish radio today that rally norway has a lack of marshals?? is this true??

Dont know. It dont looks like a lack of marshals when I where on the meeting for rally marshals on rally norway. Im also marshal on ss6 :)

CalibR

Koppomsbo
14th February 2007, 21:20
Dont know. It dont looks like a lack of marshals when I where on the meeting for rally marshals on rally norway. Im also marshal on ss6 :)

CalibR

that what i guessed to... just stupid radio talk i guess :)

Koppomsbo
15th February 2007, 07:04
when does sd start??

Zamppa
15th February 2007, 07:40
when does sd start??

8 o'clock local time, which is in half an hour if I'm not mistaken...

Koppomsbo
15th February 2007, 08:30
ok!! Go Marcus! ;)

Viking
15th February 2007, 09:33
Shakedown "live" :up:
Marcus fastest so far

http://www.rallynorway.no/no/nyheter/resultater_-_shakedown.html

MHjerpe
15th February 2007, 09:45
Strange times from the SD... some 10minutes , (sthol) 3 minutes , Carlsson only 1 run ?

Tomi
15th February 2007, 09:55
Strange times from the SD... some 10minutes , (sthol) 3 minutes , Carlsson only 1 run ?

maybe latvala did slow down drivers

MHjerpe
15th February 2007, 10:33
GrÖnholm 2:02.3
Gardemeister 2:02.3
Loeb 2:04.4
Hirvonen 2:05.2
Atkinson 2:05.4
Latvala 2:06.8
P Solberg 2:07.6
Schie 2:08.4
Stohl 2:08.6
H Solberg 2:09.3
DalsjØ 2:09.3
Wilks 2:09.3
Sordo 2:09.5
Galli 2:09.6
Pons 2:09.7
Carlsson 2:10.3
Wilson 2:10.5

MHjerpe
15th February 2007, 10:34
Grönholm 2:02.3
Gardemeister 2:02.3
Loeb 2:04.4
Hirvonen 2:05.2
Atkinson 2:05.4
Latvala 2:06.8
P Solberg 2:07.6
Schie 2:08.4
Stohl 2:08.6
H Solberg 2:09.3
Dalsjø 2:09.3
Wilks 2:09.3
Sordo 2:09.5
Galli 2:09.6
Pons 2:09.7
Carlsson 2:10.3
Wilson 2:10.5

Viking
15th February 2007, 10:46
maybe latvala did slow down drivers

Latvala was apparently off a small bridge :eek: , that stopped SD some time.

MHjerpe
15th February 2007, 10:59
Viking: ok thanks.. any info on Carlsson only 2 runs ?

Tom206wrc
15th February 2007, 11:12
Where's Anders Kjaer ??? :confused:

Koppomsbo
15th February 2007, 11:18
Times for the S1600??

Iskald
15th February 2007, 11:34
Where's Anders Kjaer ??? :confused:

As non-priority driver he will not be driving shake-down before 12.00. So don`t be too miserable yet, Tom...

Tomi
15th February 2007, 11:37
Iskald, is the shakedown on rallyradio ?

padWRC
15th February 2007, 11:40
fotos:
http://www.glomdalen.no/rally/article2587589.ece

Tom206wrc
15th February 2007, 11:50
As non-priority driver he will not be driving shake-down before 12.00. So don`t be too miserable yet, Tom...

So Tord Linnerud for example is considered as a priority driver(he has a time) ??? :confused:

Integrale
15th February 2007, 11:51
Yes, that's right. You can get priority by winning a national championship too.

Peugeot206WRC
15th February 2007, 11:52
So Tord Linnerud for example is considered as a priority driver(he has a time) ??? :confused:

He is driving a Peugeot 206 WRC, so he got privileges. :D

Viking
15th February 2007, 12:16
Latvala car seems ok as he now is fastest 2.02.0

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 12:29
Lobe had almost crashed his C4 on the same bridge.

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 12:30
I mean Loeb!! Now the french name are difficult to write!!!

Tom206wrc
15th February 2007, 12:51
Lobe had almost crashed his C4 on the same bridge.

That means he still avoided the crash...?? ;)

Brother John
15th February 2007, 12:56
Rallye Norway, Shakedown after 12.00u!!!
01. Jari-Matti Latvala, Ford Focus, 2.02.0
02. Marcus Grönholm, Ford Focus, 2.02.3
02. Toni Gardemeister, Mitsubishi Lancer, 2.02.3
04. Manfred Stohl, Citroen Xsara, 2.03.6
05. Henning Solberg, Ford Focus, 2.04.0
06. Juno Hanninen, Mitsubishi Lancer, 2.04.2
07. Sebastien Loeb, Citroen C4, 2.04.4
08. Dani Sordo, Citroen C4, 2.05.2
09. Mikko Hirvonen, Ford Focus, 2.05.2
10. Chris Atkinson, Subaru Impreza, 2.05.4
11. Gigi Galli, Citroen Xsara, 2.05.4
12. Petter Solberg, Subaru Impreza, 2.05.5
13. Andreas Mikkelsen, Ford Focus, 2.06.0
14. Thomas Schie, Ford Focus, 2.06.7
15. Rune Dalsjo, Subaru Impreza, 2.09.3
Not bad time for Andreas Mikkelsen!! and where is Carlsson, Ostberg????

Viking
15th February 2007, 12:59
Loeb hit and took down the guardrail on the bridge, when Latvala came there were no rail :D

Tom206wrc
15th February 2007, 13:08
Still no Kjaer... :rolleyes:

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 13:21
That means he still avoided the crash...?? ;)

Of course yes!! As he did every time!!!

Xsara Fan
15th February 2007, 13:22
Loeb - fastest: 2:00.7 !!!

Micke_VOC
15th February 2007, 13:31
and Carlsson going faster...

http://www.rallynorway.no/images/stories/news/shakedown/shakedown.pdf

padWRC
15th February 2007, 13:44
Pics :
http://www.suttonimages.com/fotoweb/searchresultposters.fwx?folderid=5009&search=07wr03a&hidefc=1

Mickey T
15th February 2007, 13:48
the key on shakedown is the times over the first two, maybe three runs.

after that you learn the road too well and it's like learning a racetrack.

on that basis, the impressive time there is gronholm's run on his second pass. loeb's quick runs were passes four and five, latvala's on four.

gronholm to be that quick on his second pass is impressive.

Tom206wrc
15th February 2007, 13:50
Has Anders Kjaer had mechanical problems preventing him to take part to the SD ??? :confused:

I'm starting to get worried :s

Corny
15th February 2007, 14:00
Is Grönholm still driving 06 focus:S?

Patwrc
15th February 2007, 14:08
Does it worrying that Petter only managed to set the 11th fastest time?

cyd
15th February 2007, 14:17
Loeb hit and took down the guardrail on the bridge, when Latvala came there were no rail :D

This could be an exciting rally! :D

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 14:22

I am worried too as he has more tires to choose than anyone else there? Hope to see him in top 5

Patwrc
15th February 2007, 14:23
But the result I found in his official site shows that he's actually 2nd fastest, just around 1 second adrift of Loeb's pace.

peterpz
15th February 2007, 14:33
Is Grönholm still driving 06 focus:S?
Yes :P Why not? Focus 07 will be in the second part of season :)

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 14:36
But the result I found in his official site shows that he's actually 2nd fastest, just around 1 second adrift of Loeb's pace.

Now he is the fastest in SD.

Here the official results : http://www.rallynorway.no/images/stories/news/shakedown/shakedown.pdf

jonkka
15th February 2007, 14:55
I am worried too as he has more tires to choose than anyone else there? Hope to see him in top 5

What do you mean? Is he stealing his brother's tyres?

teufel
15th February 2007, 15:02

I think he can use the rest from sweden which he didn't use

DonJippo
15th February 2007, 15:13

They all use tyres originally nominated for Sweden

For Norway, the designation will be carried out in two stages:
- on 02.02, designation of 45 tyres maximum
- on 12.02, designation of 21 remaining tyres taken from the list of 70 tyres nominated for Sweden.http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/1948515195__WRC_reg.pdf PAGE 55

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 15:14

Haaaaaa!!!!!! Stealing his brother's tyres!!!!!! I would still his car instead?!!!

The new regulation allow him to use the tires he didn't use in Sweden. That was a strategic decision to pull out in Sweden so they can use everything in Norway.

jonkka
15th February 2007, 15:18

No, he cannot. Quota is per rally.

jonkka
15th February 2007, 15:23
http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/1948515195__WRC_reg.pdf PAGE 55

Good point, I should have read the fine print too. You're correct.

jonkka
15th February 2007, 15:26

This, however, is only partly correct. 45 of the lot were allotted BEFORE Sweden and only 21 are unused Swedish Rally tyres.

EDIT: Let me re-phrase that: Some of the tyres in every driver's lot are some of the tyres originally nominated for Sweden. Damn this is difficult... :)

GigiGalliNo1
15th February 2007, 15:31
How does Juho Hanninen have Gigi's no.#25? And his silver lancer is a beauty! :D

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 15:32
No, he cannot. Quota is per rally.

Don't agree with you. Please read the regulation.

Even if there is a quota, he still able to use the tires he didn't used in Sweden plus the ones nominated in Norway.

jonkka
15th February 2007, 15:36
Yes, I was partly wrong. See my post #218 above.

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 15:42
Right

DonJippo
15th February 2007, 15:43
EDIT: Let me re-phrase that: Some of the tyres in every driver's lot are some of the tyres originally nominated for Sweden. Damn this is difficult... :)

Yes some of this is true... :p You are right.

jonkka
15th February 2007, 15:55
Right right... Don't turn left... Some same sum for some :eek:

WRC2006
15th February 2007, 16:24

According to François-Xavier Demaison (Subaru and Petter's engineer) :

(Approximately in my poor english) : "We did not touch any more with the adjustments of the car for a long time, our work concentrates on the news Impreza. And in its current configuration, the old version engaged in Norway, should not make it possible that Petter can fight for the victory.I would tell you that he is very frustrated."

CABAIO E'LONA
15th February 2007, 16:30
shakedown pics upoad to my blog:

http://www.wrcrallynews.blogspot.com

Brother John
15th February 2007, 16:33
Has Anders Kjaer had mechanical problems preventing him to take part to the SD ??? :confused:

I'm starting to get worried :s

You must be always worried, because it is a Peugeot! :D Same sh!t as in Sweden with the S2000! :laugh:

Tom206wrc
15th February 2007, 16:35
So...what, B_J ??? :confused:

Viking
15th February 2007, 17:04
Relax Tom. According to:
http://www.norsk-rally.com/modules/module_123/proxy.aspx?D=2&C=2&I=4463
has Anders this times 2:14, 2:10, 2:09, 2:09, 2:09 and 2:08.0
And he is happy :up:

Tom206wrc
15th February 2007, 17:51
Thanks Viking... ;)

I'm relax anyway, no problem :p :

SubaruNorway
15th February 2007, 18:24
Latvalas off just a scrach in the bumper

SubaruNorway
15th February 2007, 19:50
Some more pictures of Latvalas off, looks like it was Pons who hit the brige first not Loeb

http://www.racefoto.no/2007/07rn1.shtml

A.F.F.
15th February 2007, 22:08
Much better looking marshalls you have there in Norway than let's say... OURS. ;)

SubaruNorway
15th February 2007, 22:22
Then you should have seen the servicepark, was bautiful girls all over the place calling for Petter, unfortunatly :D

Roy
15th February 2007, 22:33
According to the re-newed entry list we have not a Focus for #70 Bernhard Kongsrud and Pål Christian Iversen. But crew #93 Einar Staff and Kim Staff drives a Focus.

Do anybody know which Focus they drive?

http://www.rallynorway.com/en/competitors/published_docs07.html

GigiGalliNo1
16th February 2007, 02:38
WRC Preview Vid for Norway (from WRC+ : now aren't I nice :) )

Like to see Henning contend for podium as he says :)

http://mattjelonek.com/wrc_preview_nor_130207_hi.wmv

klm-607
16th February 2007, 03:27
WRC Preview Vid for Norway (from WRC+ : now aren't I nice :) )

Like to see Henning contend for podium as he says :)

http://mattjelonek.com/wrc_preview_nor_130207_hi.wmv

Awesome thanks!! I'd like to see this finish... Henning 1st, Petter 2nd, & Marcus 3rd. That'd be amazing!!!!

Spud
16th February 2007, 04:53
Indeed it would be!!!

Mauri A
16th February 2007, 07:32
Estonian split site does not know Rally Norway???

PMM
16th February 2007, 07:32
Good morning!

Any info about the Estonian split site?
Has it been taken down or...?

There´s no Norway on the list...

EDIT: LOL!!! Mauri_A was a few seconds faster ;)

A.F.F.
16th February 2007, 07:40
Good morning my fellow Americans.

Try this site: http://www.nuclear.pri.ee/rally/index.php?

Mauri A
16th February 2007, 07:42

Thanks!

PMM
16th February 2007, 07:42

Yup, Googled it succesfully already but thanks anyway! ;)

pino
16th February 2007, 07:45
Morning Jani, morning everyone :D

A.F.F.
16th February 2007, 07:46
Good morning pino :) How was your trip to Sweden? DJ wasn't grumpy at any point, was he ? :D

pino
16th February 2007, 07:49
It was a great trip as usually thanks, who's DJ ? :confused: :p :

aivan
Morning everyone!!

It shoud be compulsory to have a rally every weekend :D

VAMOS DANI!!!! (don't loose too much ;) )

animrallye
Good morning everybody :wave:

Welcome back to the show that never ends... ;)

Pino, you don't know Don Johnson ?

Helstar
16th February 2007, 07:51
Hi All ... Hi Pino m8