PDA

View Full Version : car 59

turn 4 mad
19th August 2007, 23:09
evening rob, unlucky today mate, weve all been there, still hope you raised alot of money today for the air ambulance. see ya next month.

champcarjon
19th August 2007, 23:19
What was the problem in race two? Car "sounded" like it had eight cylinders running?

Anyway keep plugging buddy better luck next time.

racing59
19th August 2007, 23:41
Where do I start.....

The misfire started last meeting, it was put down to sad plugs, and equally sad plug leads.

Changing the plugs, and the offending leads made no difference.

My crew did their usual magic, and they found it to be the No.2 injector.

What it looks like, is the injector wasn't squirting properly, and that caused No.2 to run weak, and therefore hot. That blew the plug apart in the first race, weakened the thread in the head. In the second race, it blew the plug clean out of the head, but further inspection has show a damaged valve (or two) in No.2 cylinder.

I'm hoping that it's a straightforward fix - and that No.2 piston is OK. I won't know until I get it apart.

My thanks have to go to all who helped me this weekend - the list seems endless, as sooooo many lent a hand.

Colin and the CWS crew for the lend of spares to try and diagnose the misfire.
Quorky and Torquespeed for their help on race day
Duane, Kev, and Revolution for advice (let's face it, the 99car - previously the 7 car - had it's fair share of misfire issues!)

But - regardless of that - a BIG thank you to everyone who bought a raffle ticket today. Once I have the full figures, I'll post it here on the forum.

The Leg Waxing benefited the East Anglian Air Ambulance, and the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance, this time it'll be Warwickshire & Northants, who couldn't be here today as it clashed with the Northampton BaloonFest - one of there annual fundraising events, County Air Ambulance (West Mids, Staffs, Leics, Derbyshire), Lincs & Notts, and Thames Valley & Chiltern.

Rob.

turn 4 mad
19th August 2007, 23:45
Where do I start.....
Duane, Kev, and Revolution for advice (let's face it, the 99car - previously the 7 car - had it's fair share of misfire issues!)
Rob.

no dont mention that misfire! too many sleepless nights