PDA

View Full Version : Credit to the Marshalls

Mp3 Astra
19th August 2007, 22:58
The marshalls did an absolutely stunning job this weekend. There are no words to describe how well they handled all the crashes throughout the meeting. A crash like the one we had in race 1 would have taken hours to clear up; but this one took less than a single hour. The repairing of the tyre barrier after Allison's shunt was, again, quick and efficient. And the digger at Paddock managed to clear up cars without the need for safety cars in some races!

I know there have been a few threads this year like this; but I felt it's necessary to re-iterate the point that these guys rock!

BM
20th August 2007, 00:40
:up: Although I would slightly disagree about the tyre wall rebuilding (if you can call it that), that was more luck than judjement...

Les
20th August 2007, 06:25
I really felt for the marshalls yesterday - they had a very hard day clearing up a horrible accident with all the stresses involved. They performed brilliantly and all for free. I hope someone bought you all a beer.
Thanks

Nick The Flick
20th August 2007, 08:07
As a person who is not always a great fan of some marshalls, I have to agree that they handled yesterday marvelously.

Firstly, it can't have been much fun standing there in the p*ssing rain all day, but the incidents were handled efficiently and they did a fantastic job.

Well done boys (and girls)!

Brown, Jon Brow
20th August 2007, 10:22
It was lucky that no marshalls got hurt. When Allison hit the barrier his rear window went flying in towards the the marshalls who had to dive out of the way.

Allyc85
20th August 2007, 17:18
Just shows why people say weve got the best marshalls in the world. Great job everyone!

Hazell B
21st August 2007, 19:25
I see Brands has finally gotten a new(er) Land Rover :p :

Yes, grand job by the guys in orange. I expect it was tough with the conditions and TV schedule adding pressure.