PDA

View Full Version : Charity Calendars

Hazell B
22nd December 2006, 21:16
Somebody just called to ask if they could borrow my pony Sovereign to sit a Lady Godiva on for a charity calendar. He's to be held by a naked bloke while some 17 year old wearing a long (and warm, I hope!) wig sits on him, all in aid of a disease I've never heard of.

Anyone else sick of these naked charity calendars?

I've said yes of course, as they've already got a pro photographer, models and eleven other months organised. But I do wonder what the point is - does anyone buy these things? There's about ten available locally, all naked barmaids/Huntsmen/farmers/women over a certain age/etc :s Don't know anyone who's bought a copy ......

Drew
22nd December 2006, 21:38
I expect people mainly buy them for the charity reason, then bin them.

There are quite a few round here too!

Dave B
22nd December 2006, 22:39
What percentage of the price goes to charity? Is it as low as most Christmas cards?

Still, it's better than nothing and if it brings in extra revenue for the charity then fair do's. But personally I'd rather just give the money....

Mark in Oshawa
23rd December 2006, 09:11
I like lots of nudity..lol...bring it on.

Anything that raises money for charity is good in my books. I guess these charity calenders are bigger in the UK than they are over here in Canada. The last one I remember was a calender raising money for junior curling done by all these great looking women of curling. The Canadian Olympic Cross Country ski team did one too...and some of those girls were cute. I am all in favour of these things when they are done right.

tintin
23rd December 2006, 11:14
A group of female rally drivers and co-drivers has done one in the UK.
It's been sponsored by a few different companies (including Pirelli) so to answer Dave's question, all of the sale price goes to the charity.

But I agree the joke's getting a bit tired now.

BeansBeansBeans
23rd December 2006, 11:31
I'm sick of them too, but it would be quite hypocritical for me to complain, as I've appeared in one!