PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Racers

Abo
19th August 2007, 22:28
No class

truckmonster
19th August 2007, 22:41
Thanks a lot guys hope to see you again......NOT!

pickup
19th August 2007, 22:57
No class

Seconded or should that be thirded!

Pepsi-Cola-Kid
19th August 2007, 22:58
No class

Do you not think this thread is a just a little immature?

pickup
19th August 2007, 23:02

What like the people who caused Abo to make that comment?

Pepsi-Cola-Kid
19th August 2007, 23:10
What like the people who caused Abo to make that comment?

That's your opinion and it's only fair you express it, but that doesn't mean you have to act like that, it just seems petty to me, that you're making such a fuss and slating the fiesta's / fiesta drivers, yet if something like this happened to the SCSA's / SCSA drivers you would find any excuse to have a go and rant and rave about what should have been done so that they could have raced!

bravheart
19th August 2007, 23:16
That's your opinion and it's only fair you express it, but that doesn't mean you have to act like that, it just seems petty to me, that you're making such a fuss and slating the fiesta's / fiesta drivers, yet if something like this happened to the SCSA's / SCSA drivers you would find any excuse to have a go and rant and rave about what should have been done so that they could have raced!

Maybe if they had'nt acted like KIDS, people would be standing up for them more!!!!

truckmonster
19th August 2007, 23:19
Who runs the meeting??BRSCC blame them!

pickup
19th August 2007, 23:35

Act like what?
It seems petty to you that we make a fuss after spending a lot of money and hour after hour preparing our trucks for TWO races to only get ONE.
Lots of hard work was put in by crews and helpers to repair damaged trucks in an effort to make an appearance in the second race and you think thats being petty and making a fuss!
If you read the other post you will see that i said i could understand their frustration at having their race cancelled but there are proper ways to protest one of which is certainly not doing what they did, i certainly didn't slate them.
I would also point out that if the SCSA had done anything similar then i would have had exactly the same opinion, but from what i know of both SCSA/PICKUPS neither drivers or organisers would EVER let themselves get into such a situation.

Pepsi-Cola-Kid
19th August 2007, 23:43
Act like what?
It seems petty to you that we make a fuss after spending a lot of money and hour after hour preparing our trucks for TWO races to only get ONE.
Lots of hard work was put in by crews and helpers to repair damaged trucks in an effort to make an appearance in the second race and you think thats being petty and making a fuss!
If you read the other post you will see that i said i could understand their frustration at having their race cancelled but there are proper ways to protest one of which is certainly not doing what they did, i certainly didn't slate them.
I would also point out that if the SCSA had done anything similar then i would have had exactly the same opinion, but from what i know of both SCSA/PICKUPS neither drivers or organisers would EVER let themselves get into such a situation.

No not petty that you spend hours getting them ready and spend lots of money, but that a thread was started and people are posting in it slating off drivers from another racing series.
On a different point I would have thought SCSA could do with all the support and exposure it could possibly gain from the ford spectators not annoying them.

pickup
20th August 2007, 00:07
No not petty that you spend hours getting them ready and spend lots of money, but that a thread was started and people are posting in it slating off drivers from another racing series.
On a different point I would have thought SCSA could do with all the support and exposure it could possibly gain from the ford spectators not annoying them.

If you think that what was said was slating then our views of this term certainly differ.
I dont really understand why this would annoy Ford spectators, i think the majority of people enjoyed the first pickup race and also would have enjoyed the second and could clearly see that the actions of a few drivers had robbed them of this opportunity and could understand that these actions were not the way to go and the majority would probably agree with what has been said.

Abo
20th August 2007, 06:51

Couldn't care less to be honest

Abo
20th August 2007, 06:55
Maybe if they had'nt acted like KIDS, people would be standing up for them more!!!!

Exactly! The paddock regulars have far more about them than to do what the Fiesta drivers did yesterday. Yes, they had every right to be pissed off but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about things and these idiots chose the wrong way.

I don't know if you're aware but Sonny Howard had spent a lot of money on getting TV COVERAGE for this meeting; in car cameras, NASCAR 'camera in the wall' out by the turn 3 exit, the whole nine yards and look at what happened.

dah
21st August 2007, 19:46
i think we should have put the pick ups out on a full speed lap then see what the fiesta drivers would do ha ha only joking guys but i do think it was a bit childish to stand on the track whilst a series that is there every month is ready to go out and entertain everyone as they always do. I can see it from you rpoint of view but when you looked at tarzan it had a massive puddle on the apex stretching out onto the track. But its over now and thats what happened. I also think that if there are any pick up truck drivers on the forum maybe they should have there say aswell.