PDA

View Full Version : Cheerio's and Kiwi

Stuart26
19th August 2007, 19:02
Would someone let me know how the Kiwi and Stanty are please ,the 73 car seemed to hit the wall with a good lick of speed. And the ambulance being there was a worry.I hope both drivers are ok

Stuart

R3ROK
19th August 2007, 19:38
Don't know for sure but I think Steve Dobbs (Kiwi) walked out of the ambulance to the medical centre....good to see after such an impact.

Reynard
19th August 2007, 21:21
I spoke to Steve Dobbs between the two V8 races (I was en route from outside T4 to inside pit wall) - he's shaken but unhurt thank goodness. Just really hacked off as he was having a decent run.

boggettes
19th August 2007, 21:26
Thank god that he is okay, i am sure that he will come back better and faster next race...

Thats if the Festa drivers have not set up a hippy camp under the gantry...

racing59
19th August 2007, 22:16
How's Stanty?

We all wanna know.

pickup
19th August 2007, 22:37
How's Stanty?

We all wanna know.

He was good to go for the second race, said his back ached a bit but still raring to get out for the second race utill ***********

racing59
19th August 2007, 22:45
"Phew" (breathes sigh of relief!)

Was it John who was removed from his truck an put on a spine board? Couldn't see that much, but was worried that it was him....

Rob.

pickup
19th August 2007, 22:54
Didn't see that but John was back in the garage fairly quickly and i didn't see Dobs'y for quite a while and when i did he looked a bit pale so maybe he wasn't feeling to good but i didn't get a chance to speak to him so perhaps it was just a heavy night that left him looking jaded! but he was definately wandering about later in the afternoon.

briggs'mechanic
20th August 2007, 12:34
It was Stevo who was put on the spine board I think he was seeing star for a bit but he's ok, probably aching a bit today though I would of thought, Stanty was ok I went and saw him while they were rebuilding the car between races and was busy working away, but he was livid after the others did there bit on the start line.

Sean

Nick Brad
20th August 2007, 12:56
How's Stanty?

We all wanna know.

Why didn't you ask,that's where I kept disappearing off to, lol. Yes it was Steve that required the spine board, glad to hear it was only a precautionary measure, I couldn't see too much from standing near the spotters gantry.

The cheerios truck was decidedly second hand, with tank tape holding it all together, but ready to go. Goes to show you can't keep a good scouser down, (unless you're a childish fiesta racer). ;)

turn 4 mad
20th August 2007, 13:51
does the kiwi car hold the record for the most crashes at rockingham?

Nick Brad
20th August 2007, 15:34
Nah, surely skid holds that record ;) :D

PapaJuliet
20th August 2007, 18:57
Yes it was Steve that required the spine board, glad to hear it was only a precautionary measure,

The spine board was brought out as a precautionary measure but was not actually used. Steve Dobbs got out of the truck by himself.

PJ

tambow21
20th August 2007, 19:27
what actualy happened between dobsy n stant? i couldnt make it as i was in stafford at the v festival?

Nick Brad
20th August 2007, 19:42
Someone got into the back of Stanty coming through 4, (thought to have been Steve Dance, but I can't say for sure,) then as John was recovering and getting back up to speed there was a collision between him and Martin Heath just after the gantry which caused the damage and Steve Dobbs was caught up in the mayhem. Not his fault this time, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Jeremyvick
20th August 2007, 20:18
From watching the races at Rockingham yesterday,
the first race of the Pick Ups at Rockingham was good.
However I was very disappointed at the last race of the day.
I just don't understand what was going on.
It seems to me that the drivers wanted to go, the crowd wanted them to go but race admin could'nt make a decision even though it seemed obvious that the conditions were ok for racing.
Having paid good money, it would have been nice to get ones money worth.

From Jez V
MH

pickup
20th August 2007, 20:26
From watching the races at Rockingham yesterday,
the first race of the Pick Ups at Rockingham was good.
However I was very disappointed at the last race of the day.
I just don't understand what was going on.
It seems to me that the drivers wanted to go, the crowd wanted them to go but race admin could'nt make a decision even though it seemed obvious that the conditions were ok for racing.
Having paid good money, it would have been nice to get ones money worth.

From Jez V
MH

It wasn't race admin it was the fiesta drivers refusing to move of the grid because they were PROTESTING at having their race cancelled.

Richard C
20th August 2007, 20:57
just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Never a truer word, I have a sequence on my seb site that shows just how unlucky Steve was to get collected. http://www.sportsfotos.co.uk

Richard.

Stuart26
20th August 2007, 21:31
Good pics Richard i didnt realise Dobbsy got hit in the door by the 66 i just saw him hit the concrete hard.Nice to know they are ok.

Stuart

deadsquirrel
22nd August 2007, 21:00
"Phew" (breathes sigh of relief!)

Was it John who was removed from his truck an put on a spine board? Couldn't see that much, but was worried that it was him....

Rob.
Now that we know that both drivers are OK, for all your edjimication, spine boards are now referred to as Long Boards. :)
PS Sorry for picking on you Rob, but you introduced the term :)