PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Mosport for ALMS?

Mark in Oshawa
18th August 2007, 21:37
Anyone going to Mosport for ALMS? I will be there working as a volunteer for ALMS, but would love to hook up with anyone for a handshake, a beer or a hello anyhow......

sebmour
23rd August 2007, 20:13
I shall be there...under media for flagworld. I will try to be camping at th race track.

Mark in Oshawa
25th August 2007, 01:59
Well....I will be working for IMSA/ALMS in pit lane...so just maybe I see you..not that we would know each other right??

Mark in Oshawa
26th August 2007, 07:15
Soggy day at the track today. Talked to the IMSA people who do media relations to find out just what the IMSA pit lane reporters do. Apparently we hustle up and down between 4 and 6 pits and keep track of who is inthe car, who is out of the car, and get the odd quote here and there from the drivers. Great, cept I don't do short hand....this could be interesting. I think I will just take notes as best I can, and hope they give me short quotes.....

wmcot
26th August 2007, 10:03
Soggy day at the track today. Talked to the IMSA people who do media relations to find out just what the IMSA pit lane reporters do. Apparently we hustle up and down between 4 and 6 pits and keep track of who is inthe car, who is out of the car, and get the odd quote here and there from the drivers. Great, cept I don't do short hand....this could be interesting. I think I will just take notes as best I can, and hope they give me short quotes.....

Sounds like a fun way to take in the race!

Mark in Oshawa
26th August 2007, 16:23
It will be. I forgot to mention Dindo Capello set a new lap record for Mosport, with a 1:05.829, which works out to a lap average of 134.48 mph. I knew the Audi's were capable of it, but Dumas put the Penske Porsche in there with a 1:05.919 which I think is just unreal......P2 cars used to be a bit of a joke...then Roger Penske and Porsche showed up.

sebmour
28th August 2007, 23:27
It was a great event. Great racing, but rain on friday and saturday. Sunday was just perfect.

If you want to see my work go to this link
http://www.sebmour.smugmug.com/gallery/3090472#188630988

Let me know what you all think!