PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Thread!

wedge
22nd December 2006, 15:52
Chargers Vs. Saints in the Superbowl?

What a great fairytale outcome if the New Orleans Saints won the Superbowl, following the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

I'm just an on-off casual NFL fan, but I've really enjoyed the Saints' offensive line and both Saints and Chargers have the terrific Running Backs.

Madmonk
25th December 2006, 06:46
Drew Brees facing his old team and MVP rival/friend LT would be cool.

I also hope that the Bears collapse at Soldier, Brett Favre gets a last win, and possibly a post season berth.

But even if this doesn't come to pass, it will never overshadow my deep disappointment in the 06 Cincinnati Bengals.

FrankenSchwinn
26th December 2006, 07:38
the ravens are going to florida.

Hayden Fan
26th December 2006, 20:56
Sad to say I am a Detroit Lions fan. Fire Matt Millin, Mike Williams, and every player on the team except Dre' Bly and Ernie Sims. I think LT will win the MVP, but the Bears will win the Super Bowl. The defense will win the game, not Rex Grossman. I hope many of you understood what i said. People mentioned.

tstran17_88
27th December 2006, 03:42
Sad to say I am a Detroit Lions fan. Fire Matt Millin, Mike Williams, and every player on the team except Dre' Bly and Ernie Sims. I think LT will win the MVP, but the Bears will win the Super Bowl. The defense will win the game, not Rex Grossman. I hope many of you understood what i said. People mentioned.Did you boycott the game during the second half?

harvick#1
27th December 2006, 04:12
nobody left at 8:57 in the 2nd. it was a shame, it wouldve been funny scene. Detriot still almost pulled out the hail mary to win the game.

The super bowl game will be Chargers vs. Eagles. Garcia has that team working, unlike McNabb. The have become the best team in the weak NFC and could beat the Bears.

djarumdudley
27th December 2006, 04:45
if he NFL is anything like Nascar, it'll be Chargers vs Saints. one team's epic stuggle to help a community overcome disater, Dree Brees vs Ladanian Tomlinson in the battle of MVPs, Dree Brees vs his old team(& Phillip Rivers). it almost writes itself...

Breeze
27th December 2006, 15:56
As a long, long time Saints fan, I finally get to wear my Fluer-des-lis' with pride. What a happy day, just to see the Saints do well this season and with a bonafide shot at the big game. Saints vs Chargers would be a Cinderella Story of epic proportions!

hayden fan, the Lions' day will come, some time this century ;) , you can bank on it. I do feel your pain.

tintin
27th December 2006, 18:09
Saints?
I think that's unlikely.

Hayden Fan
27th December 2006, 20:05
Did you boycott the game during the second half?

I would walk out, if I got the tickets free. $60 bucks for crappy seats. I didn't even watch the game on tv. I heard about 100 to 150 people actually left, acording to my local paper, but not the huge number that people thought.

Breeze
27th December 2006, 21:07
Saints?
I think that's unlikely.

That's what they were saying about the Steelers last year. Still, one can hope!

tintin
27th December 2006, 21:28
I backed Steelers in November last year.

...but if you are looking for that sort of logic then the Eagles now have similar form to the Steelers a year ago.

Mark in Oshawa
30th December 2006, 02:38
As another Lions fan, I know I may never see them win an Superbowl, but that is ok, The Leafs wont likely win a Stanley Cup before I die, and Iam 41 and in good health!!!!

No, this year, It is the Chargers and......the Saints I guess. I find it hard to believe, but now that the NFC is the weaker side of the league, I guess it could come down to Philly, Chicago, Dallas or the Saints.

I can pick apart the reasons why the first three wont make it, but the Saints....well I am not sure they have any glaring weaknesses...

slorydn1
30th December 2006, 05:55
The Stupor Bowl will be the Monsters of the Midway -vs- The Superchargers....

Should be a good game...