PDA

View Full Version : 2 USGP`s

Fangio
22nd December 2006, 15:29
http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=10286

East and West...great idea!

carrera66
22nd December 2006, 21:30
I was wondering if anything was going to come out of the feasibility test done in 2003.

I love it!... I live 5 miles from the speedway.

Bring on MotoGP!

Ranger
23rd December 2006, 01:31
Good news!

Except I hate the road course at IMS. Is there any FIM laws about the proximity of concrete barriers as well? Because Turn 13 would be vicious if anyone came off there as its the fastest corner of the track followed by the concrete wall on the left.

Fangio
23rd December 2006, 03:00
Good news!

Except I hate the road course at IMS. Is there any FIM laws about the proximity of concrete barriers as well? Because Turn 13 would be vicious if anyone came off there as its the fastest corner of the track followed by the concrete wall on the left.

The problem with the IMS Formula One layout is the right-hand final corner onto the front straight. With the track running clockwise, the F-1 cars face a wall on their left as they speed toward the finish line. Since this is unacceptable for motorcycles, FIM safety boss Claude Danis was tasked to find a solution.

“Actually the last corner will not be used since we will run anticlockwise and the track will turn left immediately after the pits,” Danis said in an e-mail message. Danis has not yet homologated the track, he said, with the final drawings to be approved and works to be carried out by end of 2007. He also said he may be joined by F-1 safety boss Charlie Whiting for a site visit in early February.

They are going to work it out. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Ranger
23rd December 2006, 07:28
They are going to work it out. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Goodo.

I was about to say! Driver's get knocked out there depite being in an F1 car... I'd hate to think what could happen if there was a MotoGP mishap there.

racer69
23rd December 2006, 08:06
One assumes perhaps, if running anti-clockwise, a chicane where the pitwall ends, sending the bikes onto the warm-up lane before rejoining the track at wha is the F1 tracks second last corner.

edlalu
23rd December 2006, 20:16
I can't imagine that a second GP in the US will be a plus. There are no tracks that seem appropriate. I have a hard time watching AMA for the simple reason that caution cones do not make a race track. (that and Matt Mladin) The Leguna GP is a stretch in my estimation. Further "americanization" of the season is really not something I look forward to either. I'm all for more American fans and better television coverage in the US. But the subtile differance between GP and AMA is a major reason I follow one and not the other.

ChrisS
24th December 2006, 10:33
Laguna and Indy, one with great layout but terrible facilities and the other with great facilities but terrible layout

I have no problem with having 2 USGPs but both the tracks need work

Allyc85
29th December 2006, 22:54
nooo not indy :( there has to be better tracks out there!

Mjfan12
2nd January 2007, 07:29
I would love it. Indy is much closer than california! I have gone to 4 out of 6 F1 races there and the atmosphere is pretty good, it would be a good event.