PDA

View Full Version : 2009 FIA Tech Regs are out...

veeten
22nd December 2006, 13:49
... for the gear-heads among us (myself included :p : ).

http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/1151088479__2009_F1_TECHNICAL_REGULATIONS.pdf

Some changes made... and a few are quite an eye opener. :eek:

Viktory
22nd December 2006, 16:12
maybe you'd like to give a short summary of the most interesting eye-openers for us that are too lazy to read (or understand) what's in the regulations :p

Bagwan
22nd December 2006, 16:57
Check out "2.5" .

If you bring in new technology , and they allow it , they may dis-allow it after the season , citing irrelevence to the series , and then force you to divulge it's secrets to the world .

If I was a team owner , I would think twice about signing up for that one .

veeten
22nd December 2006, 23:38
maybe you'd like to give a short summary of the most interesting eye-openers for us that are too lazy to read (or understand) what's in the regulations :p

okay, just click here and all will become clear...

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17890.html

Dazz9908
23rd December 2006, 00:54
Check out "2.5" .

If you bring in new technology , and they allow it , they may dis-allow it after the season , citing irrelevence to the series , and then force you to divulge it's secrets to the world .

If I was a team owner , I would think twice about signing up for that one .OH yeah Agreed. Why would you want to hand over all that hard work and money invested to developing it for nothing. Stupid rule this one.
But More Rubber = Mechanical Grip is the drivers want all along,
But the more bodywork allowed at the rear of the car meaning more downforce capabilities, which sucks! I though we going to reduce the aero, not give them more! :(

cosmicpanda
23rd December 2006, 08:04
Check out "2.5" .

If I was a team owner , I would think twice about signing up for that one .

I think it's a good idea... for example, if applied to the mass damper, it would've allowed Renault to keep it until the end of the year. Instead, to get rid of it, the FIA had to ban it in dubious circumstances that made people think that it was unfairly influencing the championship. Much tidier all round, I think, and it also promotes innovation, because to remain competitive, people have to constantly come up with new ideas.