PDA

View Full Version : racing driver to donate 75% of what he makes

17th August 2007, 01:00
RACING DRIVER TO DONATE 75% OF WHAT HE MAKES FROM THE START OF HIS PRO CAREER TILL HE RETIRES FROM AUTO RACING.

I WAS READING THIS STORY ON THE WEB AND SAW THIS STORY.
http://www.pe.com/sports/motorsports/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_m_notebook_28.3dbd939.html (http://www.pe.com/sports/motorsports/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_m_notebook_28.3dbd939.html)

IT SOUND'S LIKE A GOOD STORY I HOPE HE MAKES IT. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE HIM. FOR A GUY WHO IS WILLING TO DONATE 75% OF WHAT HE MAKES TO MANY FOUNDATIONS AS A RACE CAR DRIVER. (Update) I track this driver down and found out that he has to start in the grand-am Rolex gt series before he can move up to the top of the racing business. He hopes to reach the top of the business and could make as much as or close to what Michael Schumacher made 125 million euro per year, David Beckham makes 50 million a year, Tiger Woods makes 97 million a year, Oprah Winfrey makes 260 million a year. These are some examples of those who make allot of money. If he made what they made he would donate 75% of it. No matter how much money he makes he said he would still donate 75% of what he makes. He believes he can do it. If you don't think so, challenge him he said in fact he said tell everyone. Tell the news or tell media spread the word.
Update- He has spent the past 15 years in the business with over 400 hrs of seat time, Working with some pit crews over the years. He has been known to be the fastest and most consistent lap times ever seen despite no sponsorship. He has been driving Formula race cars to GT3 cup cars. You would think with all that talent that he would get sponsored. But it dose not always work out that way. You have to be rich with money or you have to know someone who has money or contacts. He has grown up poor and had to work for everything he had, and yet the odds may be against him, he still believes that he has what it takes to make it to the top.