PDA

View Full Version : Loris confirms Suzuki move

neninja
16th August 2007, 16:50
Loris has reportedly confirmed his switch to Suzuki for next year.

Hopefully he can have a better year than 2007.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~152964.htm

Mihai
16th August 2007, 17:00
Poor choice for Suzuki, Capirex won't be on par with the one who he replaces there (i.e. John Hopkins). Suzuki raced two young guns, inconsistent - true, and now they brought an outdated & inconsitent rider.

ChrisS
16th August 2007, 18:16
Poor choice for Suzuki, Capirex won't be on par with the one who he replaces there (i.e. John Hopkins). Suzuki raced two young guns, inconsistent - true, and now they brought an outdated & inconsitent rider.

I dont agree that Hopkins is better than Capirossi. I would rate them both at about the same level.

I would say this was the best option available for both Loris and Suzuki.

ZX10R_shaun
16th August 2007, 23:27
i think a bad move for suzi, id like to see some younger guys coming into moto gp ,but they might be thinking he could help with some finer details to setting the bike up... i hope it works for them..

CarlMetro
17th August 2007, 10:32
I think Loris is an excellent choice for Suzuki. He is a proven bike developer, capable of winning races and is still hungry for sucess. Whilst it would have been good to see someone like Dovizioso progress from 250 they still have plenty of time and it would have been silly for any team to ignore the chance of signing a rider as talented as Loris.

Allyc85
18th August 2007, 12:02
Great choice by Loris, but bad choice by Suzuki. They should bring in someone younger who could be in the team for a long time IMO

jim mcglinchey
19th August 2007, 12:32
I'd agree with Carl. The big prize has eluded Loris thus far and Im sure that hes as hungry as ever and as much of a tryer as ever.

NinjaMaster
20th August 2007, 15:05
I was really interested to see what you thought Jim, cause you're a Zook fan aren't ya? My brother is a big Suzuki follower and he is really disappointed that they signed Capirossi. I actually think it is a really positive move and I reckon that Loris will fast. Even if he isn't consistently at the pointy end, I think that Capirex will also be a real positive influence for Vermeulen that could really see him move to the next level and start pushing for regular dry weather podiums. Time will tell I suppose.

Subaru WRX
20th August 2007, 16:40
a foolish move this one

Caprix is getting too old now, and I am sure that Vermulen will be faster than him next year :D

jim mcglinchey
20th August 2007, 20:24
I was really interested to see what you thought Jim, cause you're a Zook fan aren't ya? My brother is a big Suzuki follower and he is really disappointed that they signed Capirossi. I actually think it is a really positive move and I reckon that Loris will fast. Even if he isn't consistently at the pointy end, I think that Capirex will also be a real positive influence for Vermeulen that could really see him move to the next level and start pushing for regular dry weather podiums. Time will tell I suppose.

Recognition by my peers..nice. I think that I'd be the biggest Suzook fan on here and I always rooted for the team and the factory unlike most everyone else here who seem to be fans of a personality. I was disappointed to hear that John was leaving, especially when you see his current form, because Suzuki definitely have a dream team this year, but, as I say, Loris is still as game as a badger.

And Happy Birthday Ninja!