PDA

View Full Version : Any possibility of new manufacturers?

Brown, Jon Brow
15th August 2007, 11:31
What are the chances of Honda and BMW entering the manufacturers championship next year? Team Dynamics have got the new Civic to be a consistent race winner and WSR have the capacity to run a works BMW effort.

But is there really any need for Honda and BMW to enter for marketing purposes? Currently they are both getting similar exposure to SEAT and Vauxhall and probably spending much less.

VXRDartford
15th August 2007, 15:53
I think you have just answered your own question there!!! Can't see either of them entering the btcc as works entries as BMW concentrating on WTCC and F1 and Honda on F1. Would like to see more manufacturers but can see it going the way of just independants which is not a bad thing either

SEATFreak
15th August 2007, 16:23
Also do you think, or indeed I am on the right track in thinking, with WSR and Mat Jackson doing so well with Independent 320si's BMW could be put of entering factory 320si's knowing Independent 320si's could concieveably beat their own factory 320si's?

I however don't feel personally Honda's Accords (which could likely be their choice) would have any bother beating TD's Civic's as I feel the Accord is a better racer.

Or would it be a case of "the more the merrier"; the more entries of a make the better for the exposure of the factory? Works and/or Independent.

Brown, Jon Brow
15th August 2007, 16:32
I think you have just answered your own question there!!! Can't see either of them entering the btcc as works entries as BMW concentrating on WTCC and F1 and Honda on F1. Would like to see more manufacturers but can see it going the way of just independants which is not a bad thing either

Why couldn't Honda give Team Dynamics a few £million in exchange for Honda Racing stickers on the car and a change of the team name.

Allyc85
15th August 2007, 17:59
lol they are too busy wasting money on their back of the field f1 project!

Seriously though im sure I read somewhere (maybe here) that BMW and alfa romeo are watching how their privateers get on this year with a view to entering in the near future?

kmchow
15th August 2007, 18:19
I however don't feel personally Honda's Accords (which could likely be their choice) would have any bother beating TD's Civic's as I feel the Accord is a better racer.
I wouldn't be so sure, Accords have show promised, but always struggled on the UK tracks.

Or would it be a case of "the more the merrier"; the more entries of a make the better for the exposure of the factory? Works and/or Independent.
If the Indies are doing so well, the factory doesn't have to spend much, if at all and get so much more back in return. In this day and age of rationalization, they're getting "free PR" basically. There's no reason for them to enter their own teams.

SEATFreak
16th August 2007, 08:27
If the Indies are doing so well, the factory doesn't have to spend much, if at all and get so much more back in return. In this day and age of rationalization, they're getting "free PR" basically. There's no reason for them to enter their own teams.

Makes sense. But I fail to see how Team RAC and/or Jackson Motorsport doing well gives free PR to BMW.

VXRDartford
16th August 2007, 11:57
Makes sense. But I fail to see how Team RAC and/or Jackson Motorsport doing well gives free PR to BMW.

Because when they do well the cars picture is over autosport and other publications and people see it and the car in the photo is a BMW. Lots of pictures and people talking about how well the BMW is doing etc. = free publicity as BMW have not put any money into the teams but they are using the car

thetrooper_uk
20th August 2007, 17:02
Think about it next time before you make yourself look an idiot. It's common sense. :confused:

SEATFreak
20th August 2007, 17:46
Think about it next time before you make yourself look an idiot. It's common sense. :confused:

:bigcry:

I am so very sorry thetrooper_uk. I am so very sorry for making myself look an idiot. I will try not to do it again. Only I am not part of the running of the series. I am just a spectator whose only view is from the outside. If this idiot hase offended you by his usual ignorance I appologise.

If I try harder next time will you not call me an idiot? Do we have a deal?

AndySpeed
20th August 2007, 20:03
:bigcry:

I am so very sorry thetrooper_uk. I am so very sorry for making myself look an idiot. I will try not to do it again. Only I am not part of the running of the series. I am just a spectator whose only view is from the outside. If this idiot hase offended you by his usual ignorance I appologise.

If I try harder next time will you not call me an idiot? Do we have a deal?

Can you keep posts like this out of the thread and send them privately instead please? (thetrooper_uk included)

RAC and Halfords are surely giving both WSR and Dynamics respectively significant sums of money anyway, and both are obviously happy with their returns. Is there any need for them to consider works backing? Engineering and support set up maybe, but to me there's also something admirable about them running independently.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th August 2007, 20:43
RAC and Halfords are surely giving both WSR and Dynamics respectively significant sums of money anyway, and both are obviously happy with their returns. Is there any need for them to consider works backing? Engineering and support set up maybe, but to me there's also something admirable about them running independently.

Good point. But do teams approach manufacturers about a works contract or do the manufacturers approach the team?