PDA

View Full Version : gearhead

FrankenSchwinn
22nd December 2006, 06:19
before some members start insulting me about this thread, it only exists as an open discussion about being a gearhead and spending too much time in the garage. if it's too much to handle, then destroy this thread.

ok, so i got chewed out by the lady because last week i picked up a second bike (81 CB650) and the next day i picked up a VW engine project (shortblock with a few heads and new pistons as well as a few odds and ends. this engine will be my baby and i'll bore it to somewhere around 2.0l. i know bubbaontour knows what i mean!). well, that, on top of my corvaire 6cl engine project, my 74 beetle, my dune buggy project, my GTI rally cross, my ducati and my daily vw golf, that seems to be too much time being spent in the garage for a certain brunette.

here's the killer question, how do the other gearheads on this board manage their time on their passion and on their other duties? or better yet, how do you manage to keep everyone happy?

i dont do drugs, i have (for the most part) stopped drinking, i work and love my job full time, i am also increasing my stock value with more education, and i have vehicular hobbies...... why are the days so short? and why do humans need to sleep?

just venting out.
Frank.

Daniel
22nd December 2006, 10:09
Perhaps you need to work on your pimping :up:

jim mcglinchey
22nd December 2006, 10:53
Every man needs a hobby and Im as guilty as the next man ( as long as it isnt Frankenschwinn) of spending too much time in the garage. Id a Yam XS 850, Suzook GSX 750 and Suzook 400 Katana in the garage but only the Yam's still there at the mo, and I get earache, but I can see where youre Dorris is coming from. Thats a nice collection.