PDA

View Full Version : To the Max!

Mach24
12th August 2007, 13:29
Max Biaggi has had a good season in WSBK without being a standout. He has clearly demolished his team mate (or has Yukio done this himself?).

Where to for the Roman Emperor?

Stay put in WSBK with Alstare who have now lost the Corona cash which obviously funded his wealth?
Ten Kate are keeping coy about riders, perhaps Rolfo's money could employ Max?

What about a year on a D'Antin Ducati in MotoGP?
Or the Monster money at Kawasaki might just draw some attention.
Suzuki still have a seat in MotoGP, I don't think Max has done anything wrong by Suzuki......

Gut feel tells me Max Biaggi will remain in the WSBK paddock, but he could easily be lured into something on 'the other side' should the offer come his way.

Corny
12th August 2007, 13:36
I think he will stay with Alstare, no way Ten Kate will want him..
I've red on Eurosport's text that he will not go to MotoGP (that were his own words)

tha_jackal
12th August 2007, 14:08
If Max gets another chance in MotoGP next year i wont watch it..

ChrisS
12th August 2007, 20:36

why? do you have something against watching the best riders in the world race the best bikes in the world?

Sure Max is not the most likeable guy but he is a very good rider and could probably do a better job that half of the current MotoGP grid. plus I find his attitude has improved a bit this season

That said I hope he stays in SBK.

patnicholls
13th August 2007, 01:49
I guess...he's about where I thought he'd be.

I seem to remember predicting definitely top six or higher before the season [if someone wants to dig out the predictions post, feel free]. He's a close third, but has had less of the share of bad luck than Nori, Troy B or Troy C - but then again has been a bit faster than Troy C anyway.

Yukio...has had another injury-disrupted year, he took missed PI and Donington through injury and took just 4 points at Valencia. He has come good recently though, back on the pace so is faster than his overall standing suggests.

Anyway, Max. I think he'll stay where he is despite the Corona pull-out. He hasn't blown anyone away - 2 wins in 19 races, anybody? - but hasn't been useless by any means. Kind of a solid year like Barros had last year but with a slightly better-funded team. Don't think this year'll have re-opened any MotoGP doors, but he's done alright.

jonny hurlock
13th August 2007, 02:18
been a good year for max, i think he should stay in wbk next year anyway, stay put with suzuki next year

tha_jackal
13th August 2007, 03:06
why? do you have something against watching the best riders in the world race the best bikes in the world?

Sure Max is not the most likeable guy but he is a very good rider and could probably do a better job that half of the current MotoGP grid. plus I find his attitude has improved a bit this season

That said I hope he stays in SBK.

No I just dont think Max is one of the best in the world anymore.. The WSBK retirement village is where he belongs :p But seriously, he's had more than enough chances in 500cc/MotoGP in the past.

I hate it when older riders, who have moved on from GP get a second chance, especially when there are younger riders (DeAngelis, Dovi, Aoyama, West) that are hungrier and havnt ever had the opportunity, gunning for the same seat.. Im still unhappy that Barros is in GP this year :mad: .. I hope he moves back to WSBK in 08 and stays there (besides one podium he's been pretty average) ..

Max can focus on winning a WSBK title over the next few years before retiring and maybe giving himself some consolation over the fact that he was never quite good enough to win a premier class one..

leopard
13th August 2007, 07:17
I predicted as top 3 finisher, great rider will not be mad as boxed frog ;)

ChrisS
13th August 2007, 10:01
I hate it when older riders, who have moved on from GP get a second chance, especially when there are younger riders (DeAngelis, Dovi, Aoyama, West)

I agree with you that GP needs to stop recycling old riders and give new riders chances. I just think that if Barros, Checa, KRjr, even Capirossi can get MotoGP rides, the Biaggi should also get one

Ranger
13th August 2007, 11:19
I agree with you that GP needs to stop recycling old riders and give new riders chances. I just think that if Barros, Checa, KRjr, even Capirossi can get MotoGP rides, the Biaggi should also get one

Doesn't that say something about the undeservedness of the other's rides and not the deservedness of a possible Biaggi comeback?

They should clean out the cupboard of slower, stagnated and recycled riders and focus on hiring talent of the future, instead of hiring stagnanted talent just for old times' sake.

burger
14th August 2007, 00:42
Given the it appears that the 07 GSXR1000 is not yet fully up to speed (as shown in national level SBK competitions -
I know the Rizla Suzuki BSB team and the Yoshimura Suzuki Aus SBK team haven't produced many results (the AMA team is the exception, but they run under different rules and they are running a hybrid 06/07 bike...)

I think Max has done pretty well, and I'm enjoying his new attitude, which is much easy to take than the grumpy old pr*ck he was in motoGP

fireblade1000
14th August 2007, 00:46

I fell the same about most of these riders even capirossi, hes had a terrible year, although i have been impressed by barros. He seems to have worked really hard since he first left gp's, even in wsbk last year when he had to work on his own developing the bike and even got a win. Maybe its the new ducati thats carrying him but i dont see hofmann putting in the same performances as barros.

Roby44
14th August 2007, 09:05
I think Max has done pretty well, and I'm enjoying his new attitude, which is much easy to take than the grumpy old pr*ck he was in motoGP

Exactly!! :D

Roby44
14th August 2007, 09:06

Ok you're on!! $10.00, (I'm on a budget, have to pay for tickets to Phillip Island and Sepang this year), says you do watch!! :p :p :p

leopard
14th August 2007, 10:07
miraculous! you can do a lot of thing with the $10

Anyway, nothing changed on Max attitude, he is the same person as used to be, you might got provoked a lot about him :p : :)

tha_jackal
14th August 2007, 11:06
Ok you're on!! $10.00, (I'm on a budget, have to pay for tickets to Phillip Island and Sepang this year), says you do watch!! :p :p :p

Lol your right, but if/when Max appears on the screen ill cover my eyes :laugh: ..

neninja
14th August 2007, 11:32
I think Max has acquitted himself pretty well this year. He's riding a number of circuits that are new to him on a bike that is totally different to the prototype bikes he's spent his career riding. For him to be a title contender (admittedly a very slim hope) suggests he could still be a force in GP's.

Look at Barros he took ages to get to grips with Superbikes and has got a few decent results in GP's since returning.

Realistically Max would only go back to GP's with a factory seat. That only leaves Kawasaki. Max would be a better option thank Loris in my opinion. He's shown he can adapt quickly unlike Loris who has floundered for most of 2007 on the new 800.

NinjaMaster
14th August 2007, 12:02
No I just dont think Max is one of the best in the world anymore.. The WSBK retirement village is where he belongs :p But seriously, he's had more than enough chances in 500cc/MotoGP in the past.

I hate it when older riders, who have moved on from GP get a second chance, especially when there are younger riders (DeAngelis, Dovi, Aoyama, West) that are hungrier and havnt ever had the opportunity, gunning for the same seat.. Im still unhappy that Barros is in GP this year :mad: .. I hope he moves back to WSBK in 08 and stays there (besides one podium he's been pretty average) ..

Max can focus on winning a WSBK title over the next few years before retiring and maybe giving himself some consolation over the fact that he was never quite good enough to win a premier class one..

I want Barros to end his career in MotoGP. He is a GP rider, not a superbike rider and I am sick of WSB being viewed as a MotoGP retirement village. Dovi will walk into a good ride but neither DeAngeles or Aoyama (the Hiroshi variety I assume you mean) have proved that they will do a better job than Barros and West has been overlooked for seats for riders of far lesser stature than Mr Bean.

Max I hope will stay in WSB now he is there (which is what I hoped for Barros last year) and retire within 1 to 2 years.

Given the it appears that the 07 GSXR1000 is not yet fully up to speed (as shown in national level SBK competitions -
I know the Rizla Suzuki BSB team and the Yoshimura Suzuki Aus SBK team haven't produced many results (the AMA team is the exception, but they run under different rules and they are running a hybrid 06/07 bike...)

I also reckon Max has done a good job but more than anything, his non-domination of the series just shows how good the quality of riders is in WSB. Troys Corser and Bayliss, Toseland and Haga having been riding superbikes for a long time so for Max to have to learn a different riding technique to his ingrained GP style was always going to take time.
Also, the Zook is a good bike as witnessed in AMA particularly and it sits second in Australia and Japan. The Aussie team didn't get their 07 bikes til midway through the season and won on it's first weekend.

Roby44
14th August 2007, 12:07
miraculous! you can do a lot of thing with the $10

I can??? :)

Roby44
14th August 2007, 12:10
Lol your right, but if/when Max appears on the screen ill cover my eyes :laugh: ..

Ok I'm going to trust you on this, as you seem to be a nice trustworthy person :laugh: :laugh: and with a name like ..The Jackal.. I had better be careful!!! ;)

leopard
15th August 2007, 09:12
finance and banking term :erm: ;)

I'd suggest Biaggi to never come back again to motogp, unless corona alstare wants to try this class intently. Without Toseland in wsbk, racing in the second year would make his possibility more widely open, although I am not sure that he is the guy who have that mentality to be the champion of big championship like WSBK, let alone motogp.

maxu05
15th August 2007, 10:37
I think Max has a good chance of leading the pack next year if he gives it all. Don't like the guy, but he is a brilliant rider.

Roby44
15th August 2007, 11:08
I think Max has a good chance of leading the pack next year if he gives it all. Don't like the guy, but he is a brilliant rider.

I have to agree with you there. Max is a very good rider. :s mokin: