PDA

View Full Version : Dario Flips! - again

Chris Herr
12th August 2007, 01:45
Dario didn't seem to be all there tonight at Kentucky. First, he didn't seem to even try and avoid the cone entering the pits and then maybe not realizing the checker was out. Maybe he's not back from last week's crash.

NickFalzone
12th August 2007, 02:28
The bad day started when we went too high on dixon, almost hit the wall, then fell back to 8th. I suspect that pissed him off so much that he went charging into the pits, then was seeing so much red that he didn't catch the flag. I find it kind of odd that they didn't call final lap over the radio. He also got held up by Kosuke on the last few laps... not saying he hit him on purpose, but Dario was definitely not thinking straight by those last few laps so who knows what really happened.

At least he's still 8 points up on Dixon, so he could take the championship. But Dixon has tended to do a bit better on the road courses... so it's going to a be tougher road for Dario than Dixon from here on out. Kanaan still has a shot and it's good to see him getting back in top form after a few bad races there.

FerrrariF1
12th August 2007, 04:05
Dario didn't seem to be all there tonight at Kentucky. First, he didn't seem to even try and avoid the cone entering the pits and then maybe not realizing the checker was out. Maybe he's not back from last week's crash.

The AGR team needs to put AirTran AGA Value Jet on the bottom of the race cars not on the top....that's four AGR cars destroyed in flips....this one could have been the worse as the top of the top was going towards the wall....Dario was really shaken on this one....you can kiss Dario goodbye next year he is going road racing

POS_Maggott
12th August 2007, 07:17
Dario didn't seem to be all there tonight at Kentucky.

Man, I would hope he wasn't all there in Kentucky tonight, they raced in Nashville!

POS_Maggott
12th August 2007, 08:05
Hey look at that, apparently you can't delete posts after a while. I'm tired, what do you want? :P

*apologies go out to... well, me for making myself look dumb, saying they were in Nashville, lol*

NickFalzone
12th August 2007, 08:37
Anyone know what position Danica was in on that last pit before the spinout? I think she came out very fast, possibly in first. The announcers didn't mention her position, but it seems like every time she gets a great shot at running up front she pulls a dumb move. Otherwise, she was driving great most of the day and would have finished top 5 easy, probably in 3rd.

Komahawk
12th August 2007, 11:39
Dario is IRL's #1 flyboy.

osg
12th August 2007, 12:19
Thats all Dario's lives used up i feel..... he should bail while he still has his life. To walk away from those two flips defies beleif.

jimbo111
12th August 2007, 13:29
Dario had a rough day. Totally out of character for him.

I wonder how many other drivers miss the flag? Being the only difference with this one was someone got in the way.

0-0

mikeearle
12th August 2007, 16:28
Anyone know what position Danica was in on that last pit before the spinout? I think she came out very fast, possibly in first. The announcers didn't mention her position, but it seems like every time she gets a great shot at running up front she pulls a dumb move. Otherwise, she was driving great most of the day and would have finished top 5 easy, probably in 3rd.

Early on (atlantics) I had some respect for DP but now she has become just a complainer. Yes she might have finished in whatever position had it not been for this or that. there is always an excuse for her... long story short, had she not spun on her own exiting the pits she would not have found herself in the wall later after a flat spotted tire popped. DP needs to drop the attitude that she is some kind of winner, at least until she becomes a winner.. I find myslef disliking her more and more as time goes by. Sorry for the rant but I am just sick of all the attention paid to a driver who really has not yet shown she has the whole package. She can be quick, she can lead, but hey, she can't win and that is what it takes to be a champ.

Comal
13th August 2007, 02:21
Well said Mike, couldn't agree with you more!

Am over the commentators and everyone always going on about her. And her whinging JEEZ.

Go DIXON!

champcar72
13th August 2007, 02:53
Well said Mike, couldn't agree with you more!

Am over the commentators and everyone always going on about her. And her whinging JEEZ.

Go DIXON!100% agree also. She always makes excuses for screwing up like its the cars fault or the team messed up in the pits and on and on!! Fess up to your mistakes and move on. I'm sick of hearing it when they interview her after one of her mess ups! DANICA DANICA DANICA!!!!!!

MAX_THRUST
13th August 2007, 09:03
Darios last season I think.......Honda is nevedr gonna learn with these incappable Japanesse drivers who aren't talented enough..They are nearly always pathetic back markers.

I hope Dario quits this year, he doesn't wanna end up with Greg just yet, and you can't tell me his wife don't want him out. I hope he wins the championship and just quits and mows his lawns. I'd hate to see the guy get hurt. He's already fallen off his bike and broke his back a couple of years back.
So it may already be weaker and he is taking a huge risk are all the drivers.

I don't think he was ready to race this weekend.......Still think the IRL cars fly to easily. Yes it happens but those cars just get so high up, so quick!!???

Some thing needs to be done and done soon......thankfully no one in the crowd got hurt.

MAX_THRUST
13th August 2007, 12:24
I have not seen the race and just read an article, I was wrong to have a go at the Japanesse driver, as Dario has admited being at fault.

So in response to that , " what the hell is up with Dario"....

gm99
13th August 2007, 12:34
Dario should really develop a less hazardous "trademark" than flipping his car - can't he just do donuts like the rest of 'em or climb a fence like Helio ;)

As always, I'm glad he didn't hurt himself or someone else for that matter, but he should really be careful the next couple of races, as he just might have used up all of this season's luck, and might end up losing more than just the championship...

Alexamateo
13th August 2007, 18:42
I think Dario just had one of those days where you make a mistake, so you keep pressing to make up for that mistake and then you make another and so on.

First (and this is pure speculation), he was probably a little frustrated that Tony Kanaan wasn't being a good little teammate and letting him lead the most laps on his way to the championship. Then he goes high and gets into the marbles and loses a bunch of spots. Trying to make up time and gain spots in the pits, he comes in too hot and almost runs over Danica. Swerving to avoid her he hits the cone marking the pit lane entry and breaks his wing. This slows him down even more and I am sure affects the handling of his car. Then he just wasn't aware the race was over. On the in-car you can hear him shift right as Koskue starts slowing, then wham.

I saw some people questioning if Dario was right after last weeks accident, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. I think he just started pressing too hard after he slipped up in the marbles and had one of those days when you can't get it all back together.

CCFanatic
13th August 2007, 20:43
Dario's 3rd flight will reach new heights.

gloomyDAY
13th August 2007, 22:09
Dario's 3rd flight will reach new heights.
HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh.

I'm not an IRL fan, but enjoy watching it from time to time.
Downloading the torrent to see what happened in the race.

Mark in Oshawa
18th August 2007, 20:00
I think it is a fluke of luck and circumstance that put Dario upside down two races in a row. It wont happen again. I think though he pushed too hard on this one, but like a man, took the responsiblity for what happened. Novel concept that, Danica should try it....oh wait a minute. Danica cant be a man (and thank god for that!) but at least she could admit she doesn't know everything. I saw her crap attitude in Atlantics and disliked her right from the word go. She can drive alright, but she isn't half as good as the press would want her to be, and she thinks she is 3 times as good as the press wants her to be.

Dario will be the IRL champion this year I think no matter what, and TK will be second.....and that isn't really a bad thing for the IRL or the world in general. A nicer more well rounded man than Dario Franhchitti would be hard to find, and none of them have his abilities in a race car.....