PDA

View Full Version : Rally of Malaysia

Rally Hokkaido
11th August 2007, 09:18
Leg 1 almost finished and no results on the official website, yet.
Has anyone heard anything?

GigiGalliNo1
11th August 2007, 12:38
Leg 1 almost finished and no results on the official website, yet.
Has anyone heard anything?

Do you not come on Skype anymore? We have to catch up!?

Rally Hokkaido
11th August 2007, 13:06
Not so much, these days. I had a 'computer moment' last month

GigiGalliNo1
11th August 2007, 13:19
Not so much, these days. I had a 'computer moment' last month

hey but how are you? China isn;t appartently going to be a round in the IRC so might have to scrap that! But heading to Japan for the WRC! Will you be there? Any news on media for me? Or something rather :p anywayssssss........ Maybe do San Remo but not sure yet for IRC rounds.. you?

Rally Hokkaido
11th August 2007, 15:35
PM me please, Matt.
To get the thread sort of back on track.......As someone posted earlier, though Glen Macneall is sitting beside Toshi in Malaysia this weekend, he'll be beside someone much prettier at RNZ and Tony Sircombe will be back beside Toshi for the PCWRC, there.
The same goes for Rally Japan and, if my source is correct, I mean exactly the same two pairings as Rally NZ. Yep, arguably the world's fastest lady on dirt at the moment, Emma Gilmour will be running in Japan with local support from Arai Motorsports!
Final stretch of this thread: Look out for Kozue Doi at RNZ. She will be much faster than her lowly seeding indicates and will no doubt embarass some of those macho Kiwi drivers. Also, quite easy on the eyes!!! If that's not reason to take your camera to the RNZ service park, she's driving for the Takayama College team whose car servicing performance is the most unique in the WRC!

Rally Hokkaido
11th August 2007, 15:39
Meanwhile, back in Malaysia...
No stage times posted yet, but this looks like the Leg1 classification on their website.
Cody 30 secs ahead of Toshi and Katsu the perennial APRC bridesmaid nearly 2 mins behind Cody.

No. Driver Total Time
1 Cody Crocker 01:50:56
2 Toshihiro Arai 01:51:26
3 Katsuhiko Taguchi 01:52:51
4 Jussi Valimaki 01:53:03
5 Naren Kumar 01:55:00
6 Rifat Sungkar 01:55:12
7 Gaurav Gill 01:57:11
8 Brian Green 01:59:49
9 Subhan Aksa 02:06:26

Rally Hokkaido
11th August 2007, 15:56
Typo in my earlier post:
Kozue's last name is Oi, as in Aussie, Aussie, Aussie,........
(but of course she's Japanese)

GigiGalliNo1
11th August 2007, 18:41
What is Jussi Valimaki driving?

TheDogBox
11th August 2007, 23:51
Jussi's driving an MRF Lancer Evo 9; same team as Katsu.

TheDogBox
12th August 2007, 13:07
Cody Crocker has taken his 4th win in-a-row, claiming a comfortable victory in Rally Malaysia after his main series rivals, Katsu Taguchi and Jussi Valimaki both failed to finish leg 2.

Having beaten the third MotorImage Subaru of Toshi Arai on day 1, Crocker eased off the pace to ensure his win, the victory virtually guaranteeing a second straight Championship.

There'll be more details as they come to hand at APRC.TV (http://www.aprc.tv/%22%20target=%22_blank%22), and the APRC Live (http://www.aprclive.com/%22%20target=%22_blank%22) audio podcast of the event will be available for download later this week.

Cody Crocker 02:49:46
Toshihiro Arai 02:50:10
Naren Kumar 02:55:43
Brian Green 03:05:56
Subhan Aksa 03:11:48
Rifat Sungkar 03:13:27
Gaurav Gill 03:19:56

leopard
13th August 2007, 03:13
Rifat Sungkar had his second worse race again this time. I know the co-driver change needs some adjustment since he didn't race worse than 4th with the former navigator.

TheDogBox
13th August 2007, 04:39
Rifat Sungkar had his second worse race again this time. I know the co-driver change needs some adjustment since he didn't race worse than 4th with the former navigator.

Rifat was back with Heru for Malaysia; Bill Hayes was brought in for Japan as Rifat and Heru didn't have any experience there. But they had been to Malaysia before, and I assume they will be back together for their home rally as well.

BTW, the MRFs all dropped out with diff problems; I've got an interview with on of the MRF team explainign what happened, and that will be part of the next APRC Live podcast.

leopard
13th August 2007, 05:58
Rifat was back with Heru for Malaysia; Bill Hayes was brought in for Japan as Rifat and Heru didn't have any experience there. But they had been to Malaysia before, and I assume they will be back together for their home rally as well. Thought Bill Hayes will permanently replace Heru, as navigation requirement standardized by SMI. If Malaysia round he's been with Heru again, Hayes might have been there because Rifat didn't have any experience in Japan.

TheDogBox
13th August 2007, 07:16
Thought Bill Hayes will permanently replace Heru, as navigation requirement standardized by SMI. If Malaysia round he's been with Heru again, Hayes might have been there because Rifat didn't have any experience in Japan.

Off the top of my head I don't remember if it made it into the podcast, but when Rifat was interviewed in Japan, he said Bill and Heru would swap places depending on Bills availability (he was back with Dean Herridge for Rally South Australia on the weekend) and Herus experience at individual events.

So my guess is that Heru will be back for Indonesia, and possibly Bill for China. But that is only a guess.

leopard
13th August 2007, 10:39
yeah, Heru navigated Rifat in Malaysia. SMI policed Hayes there in Japan to make some tutorial to Rifat, and Rifat acknowledge he got valuable experience driving with Hayes and share the knowledge with Heru.

TheDogBox
15th August 2007, 01:37
The audio podcast coverage for Rally Malaysia is finally available for downloading from the APRC Live (http://www.aprclive.com) web site.

TheDogBox
15th August 2007, 07:39
....And MotorImage (http://www.motorimage.net/APRC/videos.php) have a short video of the event up at their web site.

al99
18th August 2007, 10:19
Here are some too.

http://picasaweb.google.com/adrianlim.ss/AsiaPacificRallyChampionshipAPRC2007