PDA

View Full Version : NO SWEARING BY DRIVER Sez McLAren

trumperZ06
9th August 2007, 20:17
Speedtv.com in todays article reports that LH did NOT swear at team boss Ron Dennis over the radio last Saturday. McLaren does admit harsh words were exchanged... and doesn't deny that Ron used the "F"word.

Speed TV's article goes on to say that the so-called swearing was gleefuly reported up & down pit lane by another team principle.

Any one care to guess who the other team's priciple is likely to be ?

markabilly
9th August 2007, 20:40
Speedtv.com in todays article reports that LH did NOT swear at team boss Ron Dennis over the radio last Saturday. McLaren does admit harsh words were exchanged... and doesn't deny that Ron used the "F"word.

Speed TV's article goes on to say that the so-called swearing was gleefuly reported up & down pit lane by another team principle.

Spyker, as in somebody's been Spiking the kool aid that Speed TV was drinking :beer:

But no where is anyone denying the swivel part..... :rotflmao:

Robinho
9th August 2007, 21:18
maybe they'll make the radio "conversation" available to the press to put an end to the speculation.

apparently, as i also posted in the other Hungary thread, Lewis and Alonso are still talking.

markabilly
9th August 2007, 21:49
maybe they'll make the radio "conversation" available to the press to put an end to the speculation.

apparently, as i also posted in the other Hungary thread, Lewis and Alonso are still talking.
yeah they are honeymooning right now, no doubt to the dismay of a caertain masseger, and

AJP
10th August 2007, 00:22
as usual, things were blown way out of proportion by the media....

wedge
10th August 2007, 00:45

a bit like Senna punching Eddie Irvine on the nose.....

Buzz Lightyear
10th August 2007, 01:37
I notice the statment was carefully worded. Another report (which I am trying to find), soon after the event... suggested Lewis said 'Dont ever do that to me again', to which Ron replied.. 'Dont your ever f****** talk to us like that again', and Lewis replied.. 'Go swivel'.

The McLaren statement would not suggest this didnt not happen.... ie.. Ron done the f***ing! PR Spin Doctor at work at mclaren..

Hawkmoon
10th August 2007, 04:17
Sounds like the McLaren PR machine has gone to work to try and quiet things down. It doesn't really matter whether Hamilton told Dennis to "Go ****ing swivel" or to "Go swivel", the disrespect for his employer is there all the same.

As Robinho suggested, the only way for McLaren to clear the air is for them to release the radio conversations to the media. Even if that's possible, I really doubt that they would do it.

One things for sure, the McLaren PR crew will be working double-overtime in Turkey.

raikk
10th August 2007, 07:47

agreed... like really who gives a ****? people swear all the time and get angry once and while.. its what makes us human

wmcot
10th August 2007, 08:11
Language within a team should be up to the team. The only exception should be if a live radio broadcast is going out over the public airwaves.

This is really no big deal. I do wonder why McLaren feel they have to issue a statement about it, though?

raikk
10th August 2007, 08:13
Language within a team should be up to the team. The only exception should be if a live radio broadcast is going out over the public airwaves.

This is really no big deal. I do wonder why McLaren feel they have to issue a statement about it, though?

because Hamilton wanted it to be known.. it was his request..

ArrowsFA1
10th August 2007, 08:39
I agree that it's no big deal at all. Drivers swearing at team owners/managers, team-mates, whoever, is not new nor newsworthy.

But, in the context of everything else going on around McLaren the media are sniffing around for the merest hint of "a story". In these days of media influence McLaren are in a no-win situation. If they don't comment on them then the stories continue to have a life of their own regardless of truth or accuracy, and if they do the media see it as a "new angle" to be explored :rolleyes:

wmcot
10th August 2007, 08:40
because Hamilton wanted it to be known.. it was his request..

Really? I have not been able to find any direct link to the source of the "situation." Aren't McLaren radio transmissions encoded? If so, there would not be an outside source to back up either side of the argument.

Flat.tyres
10th August 2007, 10:32
I agree that it's no big deal at all. Drivers swearing at team owners/managers, team-mates, whoever, is not new nor newsworthy.

But, in the context of everything else going on around McLaren the media are sniffing around for the merest hint of "a story". In these days of media influence McLaren are in a no-win situation. If they don't comment on them then the stories continue to have a life of their own regardless of truth or accuracy, and if they do the media see it as a "new angle" to be explored :rolleyes:

ahhh, a voice of reason. :up:

Flat.tyres
10th August 2007, 10:50
for the people on here claiming Lewis is some sort of arrogant, spoilt b*stard that will sh*t on everyone in his one man crusade for the title, can I respectfully ask them to read this statement.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61463

now, people will say its all rubbish put together by spin doctors but this is exactly the way Lewis would speak. how many other drivers do you know that are so forthright and honest?

555-04Q2
10th August 2007, 13:24
how many other drivers do you know that are so forthright and honest?

Michael Schumacher ;)

555-04Q2
10th August 2007, 13:26

I would love to hear the actual recording. Any Ferrari team members on here with a recording they want to sell :?:

F1MAN2007
10th August 2007, 14:14
All has been done just to save the image of Mclaren first and Lewis after.

As somebody said that Lewis is a regular visitor here, maybe after reading all the rubish (sorry for my word) here he said it is better to make a public communication via media because those F*** words are endomaging his image