PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot at Le Mans, any drivers known ?

Pages : [1] 2

alleskids
5th December 2006, 20:10
Does anyoi=one know when will Peugeot Sport announce their drivers for the LMS and ofcours Le Mans ?

1LM1
6th December 2006, 00:03
A very strong rumour says that Sebastien Bourdais is one of the driver. He will drive the 908 at the Le Mans 24 Hours race.

The announcement of all the drivers will be made in December (or maybe at the beginning of January).

Some other rumours : Dindo Capello, Jean Alesi, Olivier Panis, Nic Minassian, Guy Smith, Sarrazin, Oliver Gavin, Pedro De la Rosa and some others.

The rumour about Dindo Capello is almost as strong as the rumour about Bourdais. As for the others, it's quite speculation yet.

Tom206wrc
6th December 2006, 16:51
Nothing more about the rumour of Guy Smith ?? :confused:

1LM1
6th December 2006, 19:47
About Guy Smith nothing new.
But something new today: according to Dailysportscar, Panis won't be with Peugeot.

I don't know why but I have the feeling that we are very close to the official announcement (I hope!).

Tom206wrc
6th December 2006, 23:22
That doesn't surprise me if Olivier won't run with the 908 next year :rolleyes:

But if I learn Sebastien(Bourdais)won't be part of the team neither, I'll be more than shocked(heart attack) :eek: :s

1LM1
7th December 2006, 10:08
New rumour today from someone posting on the Endurance-info forum (but I don't know how reliable he is). The drivers will be announced after January the 20th according to what he heard.
If it 's true, maybe we could have some surprises.

Tom206wrc
7th December 2006, 13:16
Very long time to wait !!! :(

1LM1
7th December 2006, 13:26
Yes long time to wait !
Seems strange to me. Something is happening with the drivers.
Maybe they try to sign one of them and it's more difficult than expected I don't know.
Anyway this issue is important and comlicated. So we can understand it takes time.
On the other hand, maybe everything is already decided and signed and they just don't want to reveal the names before the end of January from a marketing point of view.

1LM1
7th December 2006, 16:42
Interesting news and confirmation of an announcement of the line-up not before mid January.
According to Autosport (a great site by the way!) Alesi won't drive the 908.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55939

viper_man
8th December 2006, 00:22
Could be a good idea to go with one or two out of Alesi/Panis/De la Rosa, bit of experience there to help nurture the new car and other drivers.

1LM1
8th December 2006, 10:38
Could be a good idea to go with one or two out of Alesi/Panis/De la Rosa, bit of experience there to help nurture the new car and other drivers.

Makes sense indeed. Maybe De la Rosa then because it's quite obvious now that Alesi and Panis won't drive the 908 next year.
The huge experience of the Spanish as test driver in a top team as Mc Laren maybe helpful.

1LM1
8th December 2006, 10:42
Regarding De La Rosa, it will depend on Mc Laren decision.
Will the F1 team allow him to sign with Peugeot too?
He has already signed a new contract with Mc Laren as test driver for 2007.

1LM1
8th December 2006, 10:59
We will have to wait until January the 10th or January the 11th to see the first shakedown of the car.
It's a longer time to wait than I expected and not a good news. They initialy wanted the car on track on December the 10th.
That confirms that 2007 will be a tough time for them: the unescapable learning time.

This news is quite important I think. That could mean that Audi is one step closer to an another win in June.

Sorry it's in French :
http://www.lemans.maville.com/actu/re/actudet/actu_spo-355779_.html

By the way there is a big mistake in this article: they speak about ALMS but we have to read LMS.

Tom206wrc
8th December 2006, 11:56
Oh no !!! Again later now ???? ;(

entzik
8th December 2006, 13:35
Does anyoi=one know when will Peugeot Sport announce their drivers for the LMS and ofcours Le Mans ?

Apparently Peugeot will announce their lineup in mid January. What's sure is that Eric Hélary, 1993 Le Mans winner, has been confirmed as a test driver.

cheers,

1LM1
9th December 2006, 10:02
According to someone posting on the Endurance-info forum, all Peugeot drivers will drive exclusively with Peugeot in 2007: no other programmes for them in a major championship.
If he tells the truth (I am not 100 % sure about that) that would unfortunetly mean : no Bourdais at Peugeot !!! :(
Pity if it's true because Bourdais wanted to drive the 908. I don't know what happened.

Otherwise, according to L'Equipe newspaper, Peugeot will reveal their line-up on January the 10th or the 11th (at the time of the first shakedown of the car).

Tom206wrc
9th December 2006, 10:56
Otherwise, according to L'Equipe newspaper, Peugeot will reveal their line-up on January the 10th or the 11th (at the time of the first shakedown of the car).

It's still better than after 20th january ;)

eloyf1
9th December 2006, 23:20
I think the drivers would be taken from Pescarolo: Comas, Ayari, Collard...

1LM1
10th December 2006, 11:52
I think the drivers would be taken from Pescarolo: Comas, Ayari, Collard...

As far as I know, it won't happen.

Collard continues with Porsche (and Pescarolo). I think Peugeot was seriously considering him as an option but now it's over.
As for the others, Peugeot said that they will choose their drivers according to 3 criteria: the speed, the reliability and the team spirit. Moreover, they want young drivers.

Ayari continues with Oreca I think and Peugeot consider that other drivers meet the 3 criteria better than him.
As for Comas, it's more or less the same and he is not anymore the younger driver on the market.

My guess is that Peugeot want Nic Minassian.

eloyf1
10th December 2006, 14:03
As far as I know, it won't happen.

Collard continues with Porsche (and Pescarolo). I think Peugeot was seriously considering him as an option but now it's over.
As for the others, Peugeot said that they will choose their drivers according to 3 criteria: the speed, the reliability and the team spirit. Moreover, they want young drivers.

Ayari continues with Oreca I think and Peugeot consider that other drivers meet the 3 criteria better than him.
As for Comas, it's more or less the same and he is not anymore the younger driver on the market.

My guess is that Peugeot want Nic Minassian.
Collard not, but the others, I'm sure...

1LM1
10th December 2006, 14:23
Collard not, but the others, I'm sure...

I didn't know that.
So you assert that Comas and Ayari have been chosen by Peugeot??
I admit it's a real surprise to me.
How do you know that?

I found earlier today on the internet an information from a very reliable person: Peugeot have already signed 5 out of the 6 drivers they want.

Can you confirm that Ayari and Comas are among them?

1LM1
10th December 2006, 14:53
Thinking about Comas, I am not so surprised actually.

I think he fully meets the 3 qualities (speed, reliability and team spirit) that Peugeot expect from a driver. What surprises me is that I heard that Peugeot is looking for young drivers. And as Capello has probably been chosen too, I am surprised.

But I think Comas (former very good F1 driver) is a very good choice.

As for Ayari, I am surprised.
I think I am surprised because the comments on him from Pescarolo about his mistake (at Le Mans 2005) and about what Ayari said after this mistake.

eloyf1
10th December 2006, 17:27
I didn't know that.
So you assert that Comas and Ayari have been chosen by Peugeot??
I admit it's a real surprise to me.
How do you know that?

I found earlier today on the internet an information from a very reliable person: Peugeot have already signed 5 out of the 6 drivers they want.

Can you confirm that Ayari and Comas are among them?
I assert it 'cause I read they would test de Peugeot this month (But it has been posponed)... I may be worng, but I'm sure I read it somewhere (Autosport???)

eloyf1
10th December 2006, 17:34
I think on Hélary too... When I say Ayari could be one of the drivers, I have to remember he drove a Peugeot 406 Coupé Silhouette in ST...

eloyf1
10th December 2006, 17:41
I think on Hélary too... When I say Ayari could be one of the drivers, I have to remember he drove a Peugeot 406/7 Coupé Silhouette in ST (Like Hélary...)... And what about Bouchut??? He is old, but...

1LM1
10th December 2006, 19:11
Ok thanks for the explanation.
I think I understand now. You may have got confused between Hélary and Ayari. The two names are confusing and they were indeed both Peugeot drivers in ST as you said. Hélary is the one who is supposed to do the shakedown. He is the test driver. He won't drive the 908 in races, it's official.

Bouchut said he won't drive the 908 in an interview earlier when asked what he would do next year.
Besides, if he won Le Mans in 1993 with Hélary as team mate with the Peugeot 905 (the other team mate was Geoff Brabham btw), they hate each other.

Anyway thanks for the news about Comas and wait and see regarding Ayari.

harvick#1
11th December 2006, 03:05
Peugeot said that 5 of the 6 drivers have been signed

1LM1
11th December 2006, 10:37
Peugeot said that 5 of the 6 drivers have been signed

So we can begin to place some bets!

According to someone living in Montreal, SpeedTV announced in last evening television news that Peugeot have signed Stephane Sarrazin!

So my bet is:

Sarrazin, Minassian (or Comas if eloyf1 is right), Bourdais, Capello, De La Rosa and Gavin.

But regarding De La Rosa and Gavin, it's pure speculation ;)

Tom206wrc
11th December 2006, 10:56
Some more news !!! :D

Official presentation of car + drivers next 10th or 11th january 2007...

Official news about the V12 HDI being tested currently, very soon, on 15th december(official numbers should be unveiled about performances of this engine) !!! :bounce:

1LM1
11th December 2006, 12:07
Yes, Peugeot will communicate about the first test of the engine on the bed. So some interesting news expected for us fans on Friday the 15th. :)

Here is the link:
http://www.mondial.peugeot.fr//competition/article-moteur-v12-hdi-de-la-peugeot-908.aspx?id=3cdae88e-7387-42c0-b102-a7f3973e32ca

1LM1
14th December 2006, 14:03
Autosport provides us some interesting news today:

Peugeot will complete the first car before the end the year. So the first tests should take place very soon in January.

Another great news is that the engine passed a first 24 hours test on the dyno. :up:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56014

1LM1
14th December 2006, 14:10
We also learn in this article that Peugeot intends to test at Sebring not only after but also BEFORE the 12 hours race. They think the track is very suitable for their needs.

Tom206wrc
15th December 2006, 19:33
Only good news !! :bounce:

harvick#1
18th December 2006, 03:56
We also learn in this article that Peugeot intends to test at Sebring not only after but also BEFORE the 12 hours race. They think the track is very suitable for their needs.

so I wonder why they won't run the 12 Hours of Sebring then?

1LM1
18th December 2006, 10:28
so I wonder why they won't run the 12 Hours of Sebring then?

I think it's too early for them to enter a race.
It's never too early to test but they have to be careful not to race too early.
And the prestigious Sebring race is maybe a little too much for starters.
They will have a huge tests programme with probably a lot of work to modify some parts of the car and no time to do that before June. They probably want to focus on this work and try to improve the car.
Maybe they would have learnt more things if they had chosen to race at Sebring but in the other hand, if they add Sebring to the programme they will be too much under pressure. They need some serenity to work in this period.

Tom206wrc
18th December 2006, 13:34
Ouestfrance newspaper from yesterday(17th december)has got some other news !! :bounce:

According to them, the french drivers of the 908 will be Sébastien Bourdais, Nicolas Minassian and Stéphane Sarrazin :up:
Among the foreign drivers they only mention British Guy Smith as likely to be part of the team...

Anyway, they say everything will be known on 10th january 2007(including presentation of the official car) ;)

Tom206wrc
18th December 2006, 13:37
So if we add this to the past rumours, Peugeot's line-up for 2007 le Mans will be:
-Sébastien Bourdais
-Nicolas Minassian
-Stéphane Sarrazin
-Guy Smith
-Rinaldo "Dindo" Capello
-Frank Biela

:D

viper_man
19th December 2006, 03:44
Well its looking good: Smith, Biela and Capello sharing a car would be fantastic!

1LM1
19th December 2006, 10:55
Yes that would be!

But a new rumour today on the Endurance-Info's forum: Biela and Capello would not be with Peugeot.

If true, that's a big surprise regarding Capello because the rumour was strong.

Tom206wrc
19th December 2006, 12:18
I really wonder who would be the last two drivers of the line-up then !! :s

1LM1
19th December 2006, 12:21
I wonder if De La rosa is still an option.
Anyway, it depends on Mc Laren's decision because he is under contract with them.

harvick#1
19th December 2006, 19:57
Yes that would be!

But a new rumour today on the Endurance-Info's forum: Biela and Capello would not be with Peugeot.

If true, that's a big surprise regarding Capello because the rumour was strong.

This could be true because Lucas Luhr and Mike Rockenfeller both signed with Audi to drive in the DTM and the R10. this means that two drivers left Audi and sure is hell it wouldn't be TK, Werner, or Lehto

1LM1
20th December 2006, 11:04
This could be true because Lucas Luhr and Mike Rockenfeller both signed with Audi to drive in the DTM and the R10. this means that two drivers left Audi and sure is hell it wouldn't be TK, Werner, or Lehto

Yes I thought that meant Capello and Biela were leaving Audi too.
But a journalist (from Endurance-Info) thinks that PIRRO and Biela are leaving Audi and that Biela will not go at Peugeot. Capello would stay with Audi.

Regarding Letho you must have got confused. He left Audi at the end of 2005.

I wouldn't be surprised if Letho got in touch with Peugeot some time or the other.

Lousada
29th December 2006, 14:57
Autosport the magazine says Minassian and Serrazin in the LMS added by Bourdais for the 24 hours.

Tom206wrc
30th December 2006, 21:10
Autosport the magazine says Minassian and Serrazin in the LMS added by Bourdais for the 24 hours.

Any news about the non-french line-up ?? :confused:

harvick#1
30th December 2006, 21:14
January 10th will be the other lineup

Tom206wrc
31st December 2006, 15:18
Read on another forum, from a "reliable source" german driver Marco Werner would be part of the 908 line-up... ;)

Dindo Capello definitely won't be part, he's set to stay with Audi...

Tom206wrc
31st December 2006, 17:54
It definitely looks like Minassian and Sarrazin will run LMES+le Mans with Peugeot next year !!! :D

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=49

Tom206wrc
2nd January 2007, 11:43
8 days to wait !!! :D

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2007, 10:11
Only 7 days to wait !! :bounce:

harvick#1
4th January 2007, 03:13
Guy Smith could be one of the three drivers to be picked

Tom206wrc
4th January 2007, 08:52
It seems, yes, Harvick... ;)

But for the drivers who would run only le Mans in the 908, that'd be a hard task, they would have to discover the car a few time before the race itself...wouldn't have been wiser for Peugeot to take 6 "full time" drivers(who run LMES+le Mans) ?? :mark:

Tom206wrc
4th January 2007, 15:57
F1racing.net write that Marc Gene would have been invited by Peugeot to run le Mans 2007 with them !!! :eek:

harvick#1
4th January 2007, 17:04
yeah Sebastien is only going to run Lemans so he better find some time to test the car before having the commitment back to CCWS.

Tom206wrc
5th January 2007, 13:21
According to Endurance Info, the 908 has already been tested on the Paul Ricard circuit(Castelet)... :bounce:

1LM1
5th January 2007, 13:49
Yes it's a big news indeed ! So the 908 has completed its first test ealier this week in the South of France on the HTTT (Paul Ricard circuit).
No pics and no information available yet.

Let's notice that the first time on track is only 5 months before the 24 Hours of Le Mans race. Of course, 5 months is very short. For sure too short to be competitive at Le Mans this year. But we already knew that.

So let's wait next week and the official presentation now.

According to various sources, the car is quite different from the scale model presented last September !

Tom206wrc
6th January 2007, 10:30
Four days left to wait !!! :D

Tom206wrc
6th January 2007, 11:08
Interesting and amazing !!!! :eek:

from a guy on a french forum, Peugeot would be testing the 908 since thursday(Castelet circuit)with Minassian, Sarrazin and...Lamy(ex Aston-Martin GT1 driver like Sarrazin) !!!!

Tom206wrc
7th January 2007, 09:03
Three days left to wait !!! :p :

The livery of the 908 could be black and blue(colors of the Peugeot-Sport truck)!!!! :)

1LM1
7th January 2007, 09:55
Black and Blue should be nice! I can't wait the official presentation. :)

Otherwise, Pedro Lamy seems to be a very good choice. :up: Fast and a huge experience in car testing.

alleskids
7th January 2007, 10:27
http://www.cronospeed.com.br/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7281
Brasilian site Cronospeeds reports that Pedro Lamy has tested on Le Castellet with the Peugeot diesel.
The very possible line up is: Stephane Sarrazin/Nicolas Minassian/Sebastien Bourdais - Eric Helary and Pedro Lamy/Pedro de la Rosa/Marc Gene

Tom206wrc
7th January 2007, 10:46
Thanks for the link Alleskids !! ;)

Tom206wrc
7th January 2007, 10:53
To my mind, one of these three drivers, Bourdais/de la Rosa/Gene, won't drive a 908 at all :mark:

Peugeot only wants only two drivers unable to run the LMES(and only le Mans) as having another program in the year...

Four drivers have to be free and 100% commited to Peugeot to run in two 908 on 2007 LMES...but according your line-up Alleskids only three would be available :s

Tom206wrc
7th January 2007, 20:33
Someone told me he had the news from trusty sources that Guy Smith signed with Peugeot for le Mans race... ;)

Abel Karaj
7th January 2007, 20:52
Mercedes will never let PDLR race for Peugeot!

Tom206wrc
8th January 2007, 08:34
Only two days left to wait !! :p :

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 08:03
One day left to wait !!! :D

And again big surprise !! From l'Equipe magazine today, Jacques Villeneuve would be one of the 908 drivers !! :eek:

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 09:18
More precisions from L'Equipe today...

According to them, definitive Peugeot's drivers for le Mans will be:
-Bourdais
-Lamy
-Sarrazin
-Minassian
-Gene
-Villeneuve

Let's wait for tomorrow to see if they are right... ;)

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 09:36
I can't believe on portuguese site http://www.autosport.pt they don't have written yet that Pedro Lamy has tested the 908 last week :mad:

Only Dakar and F1 are worth to write something about for them it seems :rolleyes:

1LM1
9th January 2007, 10:29
More precisions from L'Equipe today...

According to them, definitive Peugeot's drivers for le Mans will be:
-Bourdais
-Lamy
-Sarrazin
-Minassian
-Gene
-Villeneuve

Let's wait for tomorrow to see if they are right... ;)

Big big surprises and great list ! :up:
I can't wait the presentation of the car.

Erki
9th January 2007, 11:30
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uutinen.asp?id=1298225

What's this?

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 11:38
They seem to say the same in finnish !!! :D

Villeneuve+Lamy+Gene+Bourdais+Sarrazin+Minassian=t he Peugeot 908 drivers for 2007 Le Mans !!! :bounce:

ArrowsFA1
9th January 2007, 11:42
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/56170

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 11:45
Also you have the news in english on http://www.gp2006.com :D

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 11:57
And now Autosport !! ;)

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/56170

harvick#1
9th January 2007, 16:37
peugeot will still not release names until tomorrow, this looks like the lineup, but they could be playing a trick

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 17:16
I'm being informed that Jacques Villeneuve just arrived from Canada to airport in Paris this afternnon !! :eek:

This means he will attend(possibly with other drivers)the press conference tomorrow :up:

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 17:32
Confirmations on Autosport site for Gene(by people of Ferrari) and Villeneuve(by someone cloth to him) ;)

harvick#1
9th January 2007, 18:18
I hate the media

everyone was waiting for tomorrow for the drivers and the press leaked out all the info, theres no suspense anymore

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 18:51
We still have the cars to see and that the medias didn't show to us !!! :p :

We also have still Peugeot's program regarding LMS and le Mans... ;)

harvick#1
9th January 2007, 19:02
yes, I can't wait to see what the car really looks like, as the presentation car was said its muched changed since then.

but the program would be running LMES and hopefully getting invited to Le Mans

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 19:33
but the program would be running LMES and hopefully getting invited to Le Mans

Sure, but we have still to know who will drive le Mans only and who will drive LMS among the 6 drivers ;)

We also have to know what driver(s)will go to Sebring test :)

harvick#1
9th January 2007, 22:21
we shall see tomorrow then, what the plans are :)

1LM1
9th January 2007, 22:54
Yes and the presentation begins at 11.30 CET sharp !

Tom206wrc
9th January 2007, 23:30
Perhaps we can have pictures earlier tomorrow !!! :p :

This site http://www.lmsr.net is written to already own pictures of the 908 being tested and they'll post them early on wednesday :D

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 08:50
A change again ???? :eek:

Last rumours say that finally Villeneuve would have chosen to run for Audi(ALMS+le Mans) and that Olivier Panis would replace him at Peugeot !!!!

Anyway, less than 3 hours to wait... ;)

1LM1
10th January 2007, 10:38
Rumours around this line-up have been unbelievable until the end !!
I don't believe this one.
Peugeot actually signed Villeneuve.
1 hour to wait !

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 10:56
Less than one hour to wait !!! :D

I neither want to believe Villeneuve signed for Audi !! Peugeot needs to attract the most world medias as possible and thus needs both Bourdais and Villeneuve ;)

Erki
10th January 2007, 11:42
This is crazy(cool). Has Le Mans had so many rumours in recent years?

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 11:46
I don't think so Erki !! :D

Anyway, press conference is running since a few minutes and infos/pics should be available between 12.00 and 1.00pm... ;)

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 12:15
That's it !!!! The 6 official drivers WILL be Sarrazin, Bourdais, Lamy, Minassian, Villeneuve and Gene !!! :bounce:

First pic of the car, tested on Castelet circuit !! :p :
http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_Le_Mans/Peugeot_908_01.jpg

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 12:31
More pictures even with all the drivers !!!! :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3030&mode=&order=0&thold=0

harvick#1
10th January 2007, 12:56
the car looks alot better now, since the presentation.

Erki
10th January 2007, 13:03
http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_Le_Mans/Peugeot_908_03.jpg
I don't like such narrow cockpit. :s

Weird that Helary didn't get a race seat.

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 13:46
Pictures of the car in action !!! :)

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3032&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Erki, on some pics I just posted the cockpit doesn't look narrow ;)

By the way, it seems Jacques Villeneuve will also run the LMS with the 908 !! :eek:

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 13:58
By the way, it seems Jacques Villeneuve will also run the LMS with the 908 !! :eek:

I was wrong !! :s
Villeneuve will only run le Mans, and Gene will run the entire LMS... ;)

harvick#1
10th January 2007, 14:35
is it me or does the front end look almost exactly like the Dome

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 15:53
Some other detailed pictures :p :
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/som_photos_fr.html

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 16:01
And here you have the official announced program and press conference result in english ;)
http://www.lmsr.net/jan52.html

harvick#1
10th January 2007, 16:32
I wish it was March already :D

Tom206wrc
10th January 2007, 17:18
Interesting to compare the model of Paris Motorshow with the car presented today !! :up:

Have a look at http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?Type=1&id=6072
Especially have a look at the glas roofs(cockpit) ;)

EDIT: very smart Villeneuve in Peugeot uniform !! :p :

harvick#1
10th January 2007, 18:50
theo cockpit may prove to be a major disadvantage, the doors look very small and it may take a lot longer for a driver change.

harvick#1
10th January 2007, 19:43
remember Mazda has their announcement with B-K Motorsports Tomorrow :)

the RS Spyder Evo in action (I just don't want to make a new thread)

http://www.lmsr.net/images/pk11.jpg

and what is this, is Pontiac going to have a GT2 program
http://www.lmsr.net/images/pk2.jpg
http://www.lmsr.net/images/pk17.jpg

viper_man
10th January 2007, 23:20
theo cockpit may prove to be a major disadvantage, the doors look very small and it may take a lot longer for a driver change.

I thought that at first, but if you look here at the very bottom pic http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?Type=1&id=6072 it looks as though the side panels may also open up with the door.

Observer7
10th January 2007, 23:34
Where did they hide the headlights of the 908?

O7

Mark in Oshawa
10th January 2007, 23:35
Pontiac in GT-2? Gotta like that....

harvick#1
11th January 2007, 01:51
they will be there, its a Carbon Fiber body, they just didn't cut the holes for the headlights

Tom206wrc
11th January 2007, 08:23
High resolutions pics of the 908 !!! ;)

http://www.forum-peugeot.com/peugeot-908-enfin-la-liste-des-pilotes-331-2.html

Tom206wrc
11th January 2007, 10:46
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html ;)

Erki
11th January 2007, 13:22
Harv, that Pontiac is going to do Grand Am I'm afraid. :( With Johnny O'Connell behind the wheel though! :bounce:

Erki
11th January 2007, 13:29
Anyone noticed that the driver sits on the right side of the cockpit? Usually English(I guess Japanese do it too) manufacturers place the driver seat on the right side, but Peugeot is a French company and French usually don't drive on the left side of the road...

Tom206wrc
11th January 2007, 15:58
Anyone noticed that the driver sits on the right side of the cockpit? Usually English(I guess Japanese do it too) manufacturers place the driver seat on the right side, but Peugeot is a French company and French usually don't drive on the left side of the road...

Pescarolo, Courage, Cadillac(in 2000), Chrysler,..., or even Peugeot back in 1991-93(905) all built protos with wheel-drivers on the right ;)

From what one says, it would be easier to control the car in some angles of the circuit :mark:

But it doesn't seem to be Audi's mind apparently :laugh:

Tom206wrc
11th January 2007, 15:59
By the way, nice article on http://www.speedarena.com :)

harvick#1
11th January 2007, 16:40
Pescarolo, Courage, Cadillac(in 2000), Chrysler,..., or even Peugeot back in 1991-93(905) all built protos with wheel-drivers on the right ;)

From what one says, it would be easier to control the car in some angles of the circuit :mark:

But it doesn't seem to be Audi's mind apparently :laugh:

I don't think Audi minds because how many times have they've crushed the competition in the past 7 years with the R8 and now R10 ;) :D

1LM1
11th January 2007, 17:49
Take a look at this awesome video:

http://www.eurosport.fr/auto/mc_vid32299.shtml

:up:

9 minutes of pleasure ! No comment !

1LM1
11th January 2007, 17:51
I thought that at first, but if you look here at the very bottom pic http://www.sportautomoto.it/News.asp?Type=1&id=6072 it looks as though the side panels may also open up with the door.

True! Each door seems to be in two parts.

Tom206wrc
11th January 2007, 17:56

One word: FANTASTIC !!!! :bounce: :bounce:

I can imagine how applaused by public that car will be with such drivers like Villeneuve driving it at le Mans :eek:

harvick#1
11th January 2007, 17:57

amazing!!! :up: the Diesel engine is so quite, but can't wait to see the car race in with the full livery

1LM1
11th January 2007, 18:18
amazing!!! :up: the Diesel engine is so quite, but can't wait to see the car race in with the full livery

So do I !

BTW, another surprise : http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3038&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Erki
11th January 2007, 18:24
About the driver-on-the-right-side thing: at Le Mans, pit boxes are on the right side and as the 908 is a closed car, they can't just jump over the car so I guess this way driver changes are faster.

1LM1
11th January 2007, 18:42
About the driver-on-the-right-side thing: at Le Mans, pit boxes are on the right side and as the 908 is a closed car, they can't just jump over the car so I guess this way driver changes are faster.

Maybe but I think it's not the real reason because if the seat is on the left side, the next driver can wait on the left side of the car before the car arrives.

Mark in Oshawa
14th January 2007, 02:19

I heard the R10 at Mosport, I think the Audi's have the market cornered on quiet. That said, I like a bit of noise.

The Audi guys were saying that once they got up around 140, they couldn't hear the motor for the wind noise. IT is really spooky to hear all the other cars and not be able to pick out the phantom in gray and red in the middle.

This new Peugeot looks great, and sounds good. Just loud enough you know it is there. This diesel revolution is great for racing. I do think that for a time racing was not contributing as much to the march of technology forward of autos for the street, but the work Audi and now Peugeot are doing is making Diesels cool for more than people like me who drive rigs for a living.

In Europe diesels are big, but over here, it is stuff like the Audi's that are changing perceptions.

Great race car, and I hope Peugeot makes the Audi boys unhappy, change is good, and JV driving a Peugeot is my kind of change....

harvick#1
14th January 2007, 04:08
yeah the R10 is unbelievable on how quiet it is, they had the in-car camera and they did a hotlap with no announcers, and you could barely hear the engine

Tom206wrc
14th January 2007, 10:34
Mark and Harvick, will you attend the Sebring race and tests in march ??? :confused:

If yes, I hope you'll bring and post many pics of the 908 on that thread !! ;)

harvick#1
14th January 2007, 18:09
no I won't be at Sebring, but I would like to go

1LM1
14th January 2007, 21:45
Both Stephane Sarrazin and Marc Gene will drive the 908 for the very first time this week (if everything goes fine with the car during this second testing session).

The circuit is HTTT I suppose.

wedge
16th January 2007, 16:00
WOOOOOOO!!!!!

Can't wait for Silverstone 1000km!!!

That car is awesome, although it appears a bit 'twitchy' coming out of fast corners and mild understeer on the low speed corners. Engine sounds better than the Audi. There's a distinctive deeper exhaust grunt and whistle-ing from the turbocharger.

Damn you Le Mans, I now have divided loyalties! My dad has been a loyal Audi driver for nearly 30yrs - he has driven various A4s over the last 10 years - and I have loyally supported Audi in Touring cars, but I'm a loyal Peugeot hot-hatch fan for nearly 8yrs!

Tom206wrc
16th January 2007, 16:33
Happy to find another Peugeot fan on this forum... ;)

1LM1
16th January 2007, 18:11
Yes.
It's great to see all the enthusiasm for the 908 and around the Peugeot come back ! :up:

Tom206wrc
17th January 2007, 10:04
You have another 2'30 video of the 908 testing on http://www.peugeot-sport.com ;)

1LM1
17th January 2007, 10:14
I like this one even more because we feel the emotion of the team just before and during the very first time the car is on a track.

Thanks for the link.

wedge
17th January 2007, 15:36
Yes, thanks for the link, also!

The last great cars I eagerly awaited were the Bentley Speed 8 and Toyota GT1, both fantastic closed-top coupes but conducted lots secret/private testing.

I must admit, I am much more emotional with this car than the other two. Partly because of my loyalties with Peugeot and also because I agree too that Peugeot have been open about the LM programme with those great video links which help fans become more emotionally involved.

All I need is a Peugeot flag and some tickets for LM 2008!

Tom206wrc
21st January 2007, 10:03
Tomorrow on Endurance-Info there will be more news about this week's test of the 908 with Sarrazin and Gene driving it on the Castelet circuit(surely pictures and why not video) !!! :bounce:

By the way, video of the presentation of last 10th january :up:
http://www.motorstv.com/site/home.php?sec=contenu&Idarbo=12&content=3&id=180&lg=1&com=&resec=liste

Tom206wrc
22nd January 2007, 10:41
New video of last week tests !!! :D

http://www.endurance-infos.com/videos/908_by_antho.mov

On the article of Endurance-Info, Bruno Famin says that reliability of the car will be the main thing on what Peugeot is working(performance will come after)... ;)
It's also scheduled for the Peugeot team to go to Clermont-Ferrand on the Michelin circuit(near the factory) to test different tyre compounds...

Anthony, the journalist who wrote the article, says the closed proto is even more beautiful to watch in real than in pictures :bounce:

Marc Gené and Stéphane Sarrazin were the two drivers of the test last week and drove many kilometers(Stéphane even attacked heavily to check resistance of the mechanical parts in racing mode :up: )

1LM1
25th January 2007, 11:45
Marc Gene is delighted after his first drive ever in a LMP1.
He said those cars are fantastic! I think that means something when we realize that he is a current Ferrari F1's test driver.

He is very pleased with the way Peugeot Sport work. He said the team is very professional.

Serge Saulnier is very happy with the feedback from Gene after a drive. He said it's exceptional.

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3081&mode=&order=0&thold=0

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3086&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Tom206wrc
28th January 2007, 00:25
What an unluck !!! :mark:

Pedro Lamy has been wounded to his feet while he was playing squash !! :eek:

During his recovery, no testing with the 908 at all, and even if he's confident to be ready for april and the 1st LMS race in Monza, the lack of test could be a handicap for him :s :(

Source Autosport.Pt

1LM1
28th January 2007, 11:01
What an unluck !!! :mark:

Pedro Lamy has been wounded to his feet while he was playing squash !! :eek:

During his recovery, no testing with the 908 at all, and even if he's confident to be ready for april and the 1st LMS race in Monza, the lack of test could be a handicap for him :s :(

Source Autosport.Pt

Bad news indeed. Harsh for him.
And it will be more difficult for the team to decide who drives with whom now and to determine which set up will suit all the three drivers of his car.
Moreover, as he will spend less time in the car now, it will be more challenging for him to get used to the car in order to be fast.

So it's a new challenge for him and the team.
Let's hope he will recover soon and will overcome all of that !

Tom206wrc
30th January 2007, 08:52
Very bad news for our american friends who hoped to see the car in march...no test at Sebring for the 908 finally !!! :(

Serge Saulnier explained that the team would have no time to go there, adding the high logistic costs to bring the car from Europe to America...

But he also confirmed that Peugeot will bring two 908 at the official test days on the Castelet circuit, one week after Sebring :up:

1LM1
30th January 2007, 17:40
Yep, they changed plans.
Seems that they really wanted to go there but eventually it appears to be too complicated this year with all this work to do.

Let's hope they will go there next year and that the preparation will not be hampered this year without the tough test on this tough circuit.

Scuderia ferrari
30th January 2007, 20:34
Is the rumor about jacques villenuve true? Think i heard it on auto sport.

viper_man
30th January 2007, 21:48
What that he is one of the confirmed drivers?

Yes, its confirmed!

Tom206wrc
31st January 2007, 17:00
Endurance-Info today confirms that Portuguese Pedro Lamy was injured to his foot during a training and will be unable to drive for several weeks(perhaps he would be replaced by test driver Eric Hélary at Monza in april, 1st event of LMS) :mark:

But the good news is that this week, Sébastien Bourdais and Jacques Villeneuve are at the Castelet circuit to test the 908 for the first time !! :bounce:

1LM1
1st February 2007, 10:40
Peugeot start testing at the HTTT circuit today.
Villeneuve, Bourdais and Sarrazin will drive the 908.
Tests are expected to last until next monday (5 days)

Tom206wrc
1st February 2007, 13:26
Thanks for the news 1LM1... ;)

1LM1
2nd February 2007, 13:46
Villeneuve's first impression after his first drive :up:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56560

Scuderia ferrari
3rd February 2007, 13:32
Well, know the drivers are known, can't wait to le mans this year- i heard that th 908 might be doing some of the le mans series races as well, so it's gonna be game on between audi and peugeot this year.

alleskids
3rd February 2007, 19:43
http://www.cronospeed.com.br/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7911
the second movie (the first one is of the moke up car) gives a nice look of the new car and team

alleskids
3rd February 2007, 19:47
edited

Rover V8
4th February 2007, 14:36
Well, know the drivers are known, can't wait to le mans this year- i heard that th 908 might be doing some of the le mans series races as well, so it's gonna be game on between audi and peugeot this year.

Full 2-car effort confirmed for the LMS....

Tom206wrc
7th February 2007, 22:23
Nice pictures of Bourdais and Villeneuve testing(from last week) !!! :up:

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/select.asp?S=LEMANS&E=Peugeot_Paul_Ricard_/Day_1&Y=2007

harvick#1
7th February 2007, 22:44
Audi maybe could be going to LMES, theres news that Audi may pull out of the ALMS after Sebring, the Audi vs. Pug could be sooner than expected :)

Tom206wrc
7th February 2007, 23:59
Strange decision, regarding USA is an important market for them :mark: but why not... ;)

1LM1
12th February 2007, 10:59
Peugeot have revealed the composition of the 2 crews and have explained why:

Villeneuve/Gene/Minassian
Bourdais/Sarrazin/Lamy

Both are very strong !

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070212104519.shtml

Tom206wrc
12th February 2007, 16:32
Official entrylist for LMS is also decided... ;)

No Audi team at all :mark: both Peugeot wear number 7(Gene/Minassian) and 8(Lamy/Sarrazin)... ;)

1LM1
21st February 2007, 17:04
Marc Gene interview on Planetlemans.com.
He is very enthusiastic about his new challenge.
He said that this year is a learning year. He wants to tackle this year races without any pressure and try to do his best.
I said that the time to deliver is 2008 and so next year it will be another story. I will be under more pressure then.

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2330&Itemid=2

Tom206wrc
21st February 2007, 17:42
This shows then that he will be part of the Peugeot le Mans program also next year :up:

1LM1
21st February 2007, 18:17
No doubt about that.
Gene is fast, he is motivated, he will stay with Peugeot next year.

And so will Minassian, Sarrazin and Lamy.

Regarding Bourdais, as he will enter Formula 1 in 2008, he should not be allowed to continue with Peugeot too and as for Villeneuve, it's the same situation (Nascar in 2008).

But something tells me that both Bourdais and Villeneuve will continue with Peugeot too next year.

1LM1
4th March 2007, 09:48
A nice computer animation with the 908.
Click on the "908 Intense animation" module:

http://www.peugeot-sport.com/en/default.htm#

Tom206wrc
5th March 2007, 11:14
Now Peugeot and their drivers should have done their first long-distance test(1000 km) but no news... :confused:

1LM1
6th March 2007, 10:25
Peugeot were testing at Valencia (S) late in February (February 26, 27 and 28) with one car. They were working on the set up. Don't know what happened and the outcome of this session.

The 2nd 908 is now completed and Peugeot will test on the HTTT around the end of this week with 2 cars. :up:
All drivers should be there except Bourdais (Champ car test). Helary should be there. They intend to prepare the first race of the season (1000 km of Monza) so I think they intend to start a big endurance test...

1LM1
6th March 2007, 10:33
Note that Pedro Lamy is announced for this next testing session! Very good news if it's true.
(source: L'Equipe).

Tom206wrc
6th March 2007, 11:40
Great :bounce:

Do you know if the 908 will have its race livery for these tests ??? :confused:

By the way, last week Stéphane Sarrazin had a rally test with the 207 S2000 :p :

1LM1
6th March 2007, 13:05
No, as far as i know the livery will be unveiled at the LMS test days later this month !
Can't wait :)

Regarding Sarrazin, it was a busy week for him because at the beginning of last week, he was at valencia !
Good idea to use him to test the 207 S2000 because he has a huge experience in rallying too. Prodrive said he was a very useful driver is testing sessions.

Tom206wrc
6th March 2007, 14:52
SCOOP !!! 908 livery is unveiled at Geneva !!!! :eek:

Take a look at http://salon.peugeot.ch click on "scoop"(under the "actualité" area) then click on "photos exclusives 908 des LMS") !!! :up:

The car will be black/red/white aparrently and it looks like McLaren-Mercedes livery !!! :eek:

1LM1
6th March 2007, 15:03
Thanks for the scoop. :up:
Nice, sexy. I like it.

IMSAFAN1
6th March 2007, 17:07
the car looks awesome....can't wait till I start a model car of this.

Tom206wrc
6th March 2007, 17:18
More pictures !!! :up:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4472/90834avant2dz1.jpg

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8880/908facejf0.jpg

Strangely the shape of the headlamps are different again :confused:

Tom206wrc
6th March 2007, 17:30
More high resolution pics on http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3255&mode=&order=0&thold=0 ;)

Quite surprisingly is that they say this livery could change after 1st LMS event at Monza :eek:

100%hondafan
6th March 2007, 17:54
that is one ugly car!

1LM1
6th March 2007, 19:02
This livery seems to be provisional. A new one could appear after Monza according to Endurance-info.com.

Tom206wrc
7th March 2007, 13:35
that is one ugly car!

Just a matter of taste :rolleyes:

I find the Audi R10 absolutely not better in term of shape/livery... :mark:

100%hondafan
7th March 2007, 18:47
but then ugly doesnt matter as long as it wins ;)

Tom206wrc
7th March 2007, 20:27
You're right 100%Hondafan :p :

Scuderia ferrari
8th March 2007, 19:06
very nice- i actuly really like it- great livery, june the 7th this thing will be looking good on the track

1LM1
8th March 2007, 19:34
I agree.
And it seems that the 908 is better looking in real than in pics.
Anyway, that what I've read in many articles from journalists all over the media.

Tom206wrc
11th March 2007, 15:05
In action in its new livery !!! :p :

http://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/forum-peugeot/Sports/Endurance/peugeot-v12-fap-sujet_26444_26.htm#t25074

wedge
12th March 2007, 15:17
Does anyone have an idea why Peugeot have a high nose, other than to have more air going over the splitter (I presume)???

PS. I don't have a PHD in aerodynamics!!!!

1LM1
12th March 2007, 16:40
Tough question!
As you said only an aerodynamics expert can answer here. Is Peter Elleray or Adrian Newey somewhere around?!

Anyway, let's wait Monza to see if it's efficient or not.

BoilerIMS
12th March 2007, 17:48
Does anyone have an idea why Peugeot have a high nose, other than to have more air going over the splitter (I presume)???

PS. I don't have a PHD in aerodynamics!!!!

It seems that the nose/splitter aero is where most teams/manufacturers are directing their development effort. Porsche, Audi, even Lola have gone to raised noses. To my knowledge, the only design that has gone the other way is the HPD/Acura-modified Courage. Check Mulsanne's corner to see their new nose/splitter. I wonder if the more-or-less mandated undertray has anything to do with the new nose types; if a car needs more free-stream air feeding the sidepods (as opposed to the pre-heated exhaust from the front diffuser) the splitter is one of the few areas that can be developed to adjust the air going to the heat exchangers.

It could just be an aero thing as well; the raised nose and its continued developments might generate downforce more efficiently than the low nose designs.

Tom206wrc
12th March 2007, 19:13
High-resolution pictures of the latest test days !!! :D

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3285&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Erki
12th March 2007, 22:14
Tough question!
As you said only an aerodynamics expert can answer here. Is Peter Elleray or Adrian Newey somewhere around?!

Anyway, let's wait Monza to see if it's efficient or not.

I don't know about Newey, but Elleray is occasionally around in a well known sportscars forum. I have even seen Tom908V12 there. ;) Don't know about forum roles about giving links to other forums here though. :\

1LM1
12th March 2007, 22:32
Interesting. So maybe we stand a chance of getting Elleray's comments.
That would be great. :)

1LM1
19th March 2007, 16:40
Peugeot will be testing with only one 908 at the HTTT next weekend (test days LMS). Initially they wanted to bring two 908 there but they changed plans because of the amount of extra work they have got and the lack of time before the first race.

They have to modify and build a lot of new parts because they struggle to find the reliability (they expected more or less such a situation though).

Now we understand even more why they weren't able to test at Sebring this week.

Let's hope they can find the reliability as soon as possible but it seems that it will be a difficult year as expected. But it's quite natural considering the car was created in only one year from clean sheet!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57486

Tom206wrc
22nd March 2007, 13:39
I can't wait for this week-end and tons of pictures of the 908 in action on the Paul Ricard with the rest of the other protos !!! :bounce:

I hope Pedro Lamy has 100% recovered from his injury :mark:

1LM1
22nd March 2007, 13:57
Can't wait either.

According to Peugeot, Bourdais and Lamy will have priority over the others during this test session because they are the ones who have spent the least time in the car so far. Makes sense...

So yes, Lamy seems to be ok now. :up:

Tom206wrc
28th March 2007, 09:33
Other pictures of the 908 taken during the official test days !!! :D

http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0084ck2.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0042oq8.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0036ne1.jpg

Tom206wrc
31st March 2007, 18:32
New pics of the 908 in action during the official test days of the LMS !!! :bounce:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=3064

1LM1
5th April 2007, 19:43
Peugeot is cautious regarding the first the race but want to show a strong pace already.
They don't expect to win at Monza but they will do the best job possible to qualify on pole.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57825

harvick#1
5th April 2007, 23:08
I think they will win.

I just think that they (along with Audi) are just got too much power under the hood (or rear) of their cars and noone else has that type of power

1LM1
11th April 2007, 16:36
D-2 before Peugeot come back in Sports Car racing !
Can't wait Monza :)

Tom206wrc
12th April 2007, 13:31
And don't forget the 207 Spider Cup !!! :D

Among the entry many foreign drivers(from Europe)are awaited, like a German, a British, two Spaniards, two Belgians... ;)

And even several ladies :bounce:

wedge
12th April 2007, 17:43
Any info on merchandise?

Along with my 206, I want to take a flag to Silverstone this year!

Erki
12th April 2007, 19:01
And don't forget the 207 Spider Cup !!! :D

Forget that, the car is a total turd. I guess Pug concentrated on the 908's looks and hence the 207 is as it is. I hope it at least sounds good...

Tom206wrc
12th April 2007, 22:16
Perhaps you don't like the 207 Spider Erki, but I don't share your point of view :rolleyes:

1LM1
12th April 2007, 23:58
Any info on merchandise?

Along with my 206, I want to take a flag to Silverstone this year!

Excellent idea. I intend to do the same at Le Mans.
I think the easier way to get a Peugeot flag is to ask a Peugeot Agent/Dealer if they can get one for you.

wedge
16th April 2007, 15:12
Are Peugeot not allowed to run their corporate headlights? Is there something in the regulations that says you're not allowed to run angled headlights?

Tom206wrc
16th April 2007, 15:32
Me thinks at the time of the 905 it was the case :rolleyes:

The first prototype had particular frame headlights(remining the 405) but Peugeot had to change them according rule... :mark:

About nowadays, though, no idea about ACO rules... :confused:

1LM1
16th April 2007, 15:38
Are Peugeot not allowed to run their corporate headlights? Is there something in the regulations that says you're not allowed to run angled headlights?

Nope. Nothing like that in the rules.
As far as I know, the 908's headlights are provisional. The shape should change soon.
Source: I read that in an article in a newspapers in early February.

The team has got such an amount of work to do that they have chosen to concentrate on the most urgent issues and have spent no time on designing beautiful headlights as yet.

Erki
16th April 2007, 15:44
I like the current headlights very much, they shouldn't change. :up:

harvick#1
16th April 2007, 22:49
Any info on merchandise?

if your looking for a replica of the car.

Spark has produced the concept car and is going to produce the Test Car, and car in full Livery

harvick#1
16th April 2007, 22:50
I like the current headlights very much, they shouldn't change. :up:

not me, they ruin the car :s . they need something that will flow with the car, the headlights look like something they made at the last second

Funks
16th April 2007, 23:32
Made at the last second.... a bit like the door designs...which didn't close too well. Back to the drawing board for those then!

harvick#1
19th April 2007, 23:53
here is Sparks model of the test car.

SparkModel has gone up in price by 10 dollars though :mark:

http://www.sparkmodel.com/pics/s1271.jpg

1LM1
20th April 2007, 14:16
Nice!
Thanks Harvick.
The quality seems impressive. Very neat achievement.

Tom206wrc
24th April 2007, 00:51
Good news !!!!

Microsoft will officially present to the the european press its official new game, Forza Challenge 2, this friday(april 27th) at the Castelet circuit in presence of all the Peugeot-Sport team and cars(as the 908 is the star of that new game) :D :up:

Surely many pics and more news to wait on this week-end :bounce:

harvick#1
24th April 2007, 02:52
The quality seems impressive. Very neat achievement.

the quality is very high with Sparkmodel.

I wish their priced stayed the same though and they still made a large quantity though.

you can barely find new cars anymore on lots of sites

DBell
24th April 2007, 21:31
I just hope that Peugot or someone can beat Audi this year!

1LM1
24th April 2007, 22:20
I just hope that Peugot or someone can beat Audi this year!

This would definitely be a dream come true for me too!
But let's face it: this year it will be tough, very tough... Peugeot will be there to learn.

By the way, not to mention the difference of experience between the two teams and the fact that Peugeot lack so much time to arrive really ready this year, the simple fact that there will be 3 Audi (plus the Swiss spirit Lola Audi) and only two Peugeot means that the probability to see a Audi win is higher than ever.

Having 3 R10 is really a huge advantage for Audi. Even if one Audi hits big troubles during the race (unlikely), there will still be two R10 to sew up the win.
The challenge for Peugeot is even more difficult knowing that.

DBell
24th April 2007, 22:51
This would definitely be a dream come true for me too!
But let's face it: this year it will be tough, very tough... Peugeot will be there to learn.

By the way, not to mention the difference of experience between the two teams and the fact that Peugeot lack so much time to arrive really ready this year, the simple fact that there will be 3 Audi (plus the Swiss spirit Lola Audi) and only two Peugeot means that the probability to see a Audi win is higher than ever.

Having 3 R10 is really a huge advantage for Audi. Even if one Audi hits big troubles during the race (unlikely), there will still be two R10 to sew up the win.
The challenge for Peugeot is even more difficult knowing that.

I know your right, but one can always hope. Americans love to root for the underdog. A Peugeot win with Sébastien Bourdais would be great for France,sportscar racing and even Champcar. Maybe even get CC on the map a little bit there and lead to a race in France. (Dijon?) As I said, one can always hope! :D

harvick#1
24th April 2007, 23:05
it will be tough to beat Audi because cause they have some of the world's best drivers.

but has the 3rd R10 been confirmed yet? I thought they were still looking for sponsorship

1LM1
24th April 2007, 23:25
I know your right, but one can always hope. Americans love to root for the underdog. A Peugeot win with Sébastien Bourdais would be great for France,sportscar racing and even Champcar. Maybe even get CC on the map a little bit there and lead to a race in France. (Dijon?) As I said, one can always hope! :D

Absolutely. As for the Champ Car, I like very much the idea of a race in France. Magny Cours could be the good track for this event. Dijon is probably too dangerous for this series...

1LM1
24th April 2007, 23:33
it will be tough to beat Audi because cause they have some of the world's best drivers.

but has the 3rd R10 been confirmed yet? I thought they were still looking for sponsorship

The 3rd R10 will be confirmed early in June.
As for the drivers, Audi line up is exceptional but I'd say the Peugeot line up is even stronger than the Audi one (on paper).
Bourdais and Villeneuve are so fast. And all the others are just behind.

Peugeot line up is really a good surprise.

1LM1
25th April 2007, 09:47
Oops, I wanted to say that the 3rd R10 will be confirmed "early in May" instead of "early in June". At least, that's what Audi said.

Tom206wrc
27th April 2007, 21:45
Another news...The 908 had between yesterday and today a big endurance test(about 30 hours like Audi) with the 6 official drivers driving the cars... :)

But no informations available yet :mark:

Tom206wrc
28th April 2007, 12:08
Not so bad !!! :up:

According to Endurance-Info, the 908 which took part to the 24 hours endurance test between last thursday and friday(drivers Bourdais and Villeneuve) had a 20 hours run without any problems to engine/gearbox !! :bounce:

The engine broke down after 20 hours of intensive run...for a still very new car, it's rather encouraging :D

Tom206wrc
29th April 2007, 18:41
During friday's Microsoft X-Box press conference at the Castelet circuit, a model of the 908 in Forza Motorsport 2 painting, has been unveiled :p :

http://www.xbox-mag.net/upload/jeux/50577.29avril2007Forza2_PressTourCastelet_04.jpg

1LM1
1st May 2007, 12:19
Not so bad. Let's see if the gear box will withstand the Valencia race on sunday. This track is a good test for the gear box.

Otherwise, 908 #7 should have the green nose livery and 908 #8 the red nose one.

Tom206wrc
1st May 2007, 15:15
A direct link to the "new" model, easier to see for our non-french reading/speaking friends ;)

http://www.xbox-mag.net/webfiles/popup.php?gfileid=50577

harvick#1
2nd May 2007, 00:13
damn, Forza 2 looks awesome. (its ashame cause I loved the GT series, but Forza looks like they got most of the ALMS/LMS cars )

and they have the 2006 Audi R8 :D

I may just have to buy a 360 to get this game.

Tom206wrc
2nd May 2007, 00:31
Pedro Lamy is talking about the 24 hours tests he had last week alonside with Villeneuve and Bourdais at the Paul Ricard circuit... :p :

http://www.pregoafundo.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=633&Itemid=1

Sorry I don't understand portuguese... :mark:

alleskids
2nd May 2007, 18:30
Online translation always come handy in the international world of motorsport :) http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Tom206wrc
3rd May 2007, 16:01
Finally both 908s will remain with the "red nose" !!! The "green nose" model was just a present by Peugeot-Sport to the Microsoft guys... :mark:

1LM1
3rd May 2007, 16:11
Ok. Thanks for the information.

Tom206wrc
3rd May 2007, 23:55
Two pictures taken today at the Valencia circuit !! :p :

http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_LMS/02_Valencia/02_Peugeot_908_bis.jpg

http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_LMS/02_Valencia/02_Peugeot_908.jpg

harvick#1
4th May 2007, 00:37
the Swiss Spirit Audi looks nice :)

good to see T2M have their Dome ready to go.

also I noticed RML has upgraded their Lola

1LM1
17th May 2007, 11:56
Here are a few pics of the 908 testing on the Magny-Cours circuit (on last Tuesday). It was the last testing session (a very short one btw) before the Le Mans Test day early in June.

http://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/peugeot-sport/Endurance/peugeot-v12-fap-sujet_26444_38.htm#bas

Tom206wrc
24th May 2007, 14:53
A few pics of the 908 in action at Valencia on Stéphane Sarrazin's website !! :D

http://www.stephane-sarrazin.com/v5/photos_details.asp?galerie=62

I can't wait for next week(3rd june) official le Mans testing with Bourdais and Villeneuve in action too !!! :bounce:

1LM1
24th May 2007, 23:33
Nice web site indeed.

Otherwise, an interview with Pedro Lamy before Le Mans:

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=2&task=view&id=2720

1LM1
3rd June 2007, 21:32
Bourdais is very happy with the balance of the car.
He even said that the 908 is the most amazing car he has driven :up:
Nice compliment.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59396

Tom206wrc
4th June 2007, 10:40
Crazy high res. pics of the Peugeot team and drivers during test day in Le Mans !!!! :bounce: :up:

http://news.caradisiac.com/24h-du-Mans-l-equipe-Peugeot-en-photos-HD-032

Tom206wrc
17th June 2007, 23:12
Delightful news !!!! :up:

PSA's chairman Christian Streiff who attended a part of the Le Mans race in Peugeot's motorhome said that the 908s will run endurance program(Le Mans + LMS and who knows...perhaps ALMS too)during TEN years from now on !!!! :eek: :D :bounce:

I'm delighted :up:

harvick#1
17th June 2007, 23:17
good, glad to see a commited program to run for years to come,

wish BMW, Bentley, Toyota, Nissan would come back and do it too

Daniel
18th June 2007, 14:37
Delightful news !!!! :up:

PSA's chairman Christian Streiff who attended a part of the Le Mans race in Peugeot's motorhome said that the 908s will run endurance program(Le Mans + LMS and who knows...perhaps ALMS too)during TEN years from now on !!!!

I'm delighted :up:
Just like Peugeot were meant to be in the WRC for at leas 3 years with the 307 WRC and left early ;) :p

Tom206wrc
1st December 2007, 15:32
WRC rallies champion Sébastien Loeb recently expressed wishes to drive the 908 HDI on 2008 Le Mans race(article in this week's Auto-Hebdo) :eek:

That would be fantastic to see him back in the most famous race of the world !! :bounce:

1LM1
1st December 2007, 21:53
Interesting.

Tom206wrc
2nd December 2007, 21:39
More interesting again !!! :D

According to a source cloth to Dino Lunardi(winner of the 207 Spyder Cup who will test the 908 on the HTTT Paul Ricard Circuit at the end of next week) Peugeot-Sport will take profit to have a strong endurance test the same day(about 30 hours non-stop in three days test starting from next thursday)and six drivers will be there at that time, including a completely new one(who should be part of the team in 2008 in replacement of either Bourdais or Villeneuve, and coming from the Formula One circus) !!!! ;)

Endurance-Info will cover the event, and should bring us more news at the end of next week :)

I bet this new driver should be Alexander Wurz :p :

Tom206wrc
5th December 2007, 09:23
According to Auto-Hebdo Magazine from today no doubt that Alexander Wurz will be Peugeot driver on 2008 le Mans :D

The austrian driver should talk today at Monaco about his post-F1 future...we could know more ;)

samehere
5th December 2007, 10:47
should not the drivers be the same as this season??they have multi year contracts or not??I can not imagine to see villneuve driving an adui 2008 as he knows a lot of info about the 908...

Tom206wrc
5th December 2007, 11:33
It's definitive Bourdais and Villeneuve won't drive at 2008 le Mans :( so Peugeot has to find two replacements(Wurz should be one, the other no idea yet)...

The four others are most likely to stay in the team next year(even if there's a small doubt about Gené who is first of all a Ferrari F1 test driver) ;)

Tom206wrc
5th December 2007, 15:45
I don't know if they speculate or if they get more infos than the others, but italian motorsports magazines Sportautomoto and Racingworld write that next year Alexander Wurz will part with 07LMS winners Pedro Lamy and Stéphane Sarrazin for next year Le Mans race !!!! :)

Tom206wrc
10th January 2008, 12:00
Ok...Alexander Wurz, despite saying he left F1 world, signed a contract of test driver with Honda, not sure now he will run in Endurance this year :mark:

Tom206wrc
12th January 2008, 09:35
From L'Equipe magazine today, Peugeot is at the Paul Ricard circuit for a three days testing program(from today to monday)with Lamy, Sarrazin, Minassian and some other drivers kept secret again(but the mag is almost sure Wurz is among them)... ;)

Tom206wrc
18th January 2008, 12:55
Crazy news !!!!

On Mariantic website there's the provisional entrylist of 2008 LMS and both 908s crews are said "confirmed" with Minassian-Lamy for the number 7 and Sarrazin-Montagny in the number 8... :eek: :eek:

What about Marc Gené ?? :(

And I thought Frank Montagny was aiming champcar + Le Mans, not LMS(he will not have time to run champcar if he runs LMS) :confused:

Very weird... :mark:

Tom206wrc
27th January 2008, 16:51
Big surprise !!!!! Brazilian driver Ricardo Zonta confirmed he will drive a 908 at Le Mans this year !!!! :eek: :eek:

alleskids
28th January 2008, 19:44
what will be the line up than voor Le Mans?

harvick#1
28th January 2008, 20:39
Peugeot said they have a mjor sponsor lined up, gonna have to wait and see what it is

Scuderia ferrari
28th January 2008, 20:45
I saw this as well. I wonder if this will change the livery?

Tom206wrc
29th January 2008, 12:07
Peugeot said they have a mjor sponsor lined up, gonna have to wait and see what it is

An emirate sponsor, and a few "voices" state it could be Emirates Airlines ;)

Tom206wrc
29th January 2008, 12:10
what will be the line up than voor Le Mans?

It more and more looks like a three 908s line-up for the 2008 Le Mans race :D

According to the latest rumours there would be already 7 Peugeot drivers(Lamy, Sarrazin, Minassian, Gene, Wurz, Montagny and Zonta)...two names are still missing for a full three cars effort... :)

Tom206wrc
31st January 2008, 13:06
Official !!!!

Next 15th february, Peugeot-Sport will hold a press conference in Paris to present 2008 endurance program(+drivers) :D