PDA

View Full Version : Steve Martin gets around!

The Phantom
9th August 2007, 03:56
From mcnews.com.au:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2007/July/martin_update2.htm

Great write-up/interview on what Steve's been doing of late - commentating, Suzuka 8-hr, WSS, WSB... maybe some BSB on the horizon! He probably should have done IoM this year to round things out :p

He's a great commentator, if that's where he ends up fulltime I'll be happy enough.

Interesting approach to the Brands Hatch WSB round, I was not aware he rode for two teams at once (that must be a first!).

NinjaMaster
9th August 2007, 12:57
He has certainly been a busy boy. For me, I will be happy to see him on a grid, not a fan of him in the commentary box. Just agrees with Jonathon Green and adds nothing of his own. Good luck to him, hopefully he gets a good ride next year to finish his career on.

The Phantom
10th August 2007, 00:51
You think? I thought that in the last race he did commentary for that Green was trying to wind him up a bit, and he lost his train of thought a few times, but otherwise was pretty good with calling impending action (which is where ex-racers usually shine in commentary).

But yeah, better to see him on the track. He's in Goddard-land now - known as a great development rider, and that's usually where they remain when they get to that point.