PDA

View Full Version : SB to be Confirmed on Wed - Toro Rosso

Roamy
8th August 2007, 01:59
In order to disguise radio converstations Toro Rosso will confirm SB tomorrow.
This way when the say "Sebastian you ****ing stone" on the radio the press will not know which driver they are talking to. Spyker has offered a relay antenna as they feel they will always be ahead of them.. Scott Speed will take over the Newman Haas seat in the true racing series!!

You heard it here first???

Fousto keeping you in tune with the engines

Valve Bounce
8th August 2007, 02:02
:up:

markabilly
8th August 2007, 03:05
Whatever happened at red cow? Speed was suppose to still be there even AS OF TODAY, as red cow berger said there were no plans to replace either driver..wtc and so forth..and now both are to be gone... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile RD is now saying the same thing about his drivers..no plans to run off either ..... :eek:

Timber
8th August 2007, 04:05
This way when the say "Sebastian you ****ing stone" on the radio the press will not know which driver they are talking to. Spyker has offered a relay antenna as they feel they will always be ahead of them.. Scott Speed will take over the Newman Haas seat in the true racing series!!

in Champ car is all about the driver , they all have the same chassis , engine , tires , gearbox , the best driver win . It is real racing .... and Bourdais is the best at it .
;)

tinchote
8th August 2007, 05:09
in Champ car is all about the driver , they all have the same chassis , engine , tires , gearbox , the best driver win . It is real racing .... and Bourdais is the best at it .
;)

Which is not a guarantee that he will suceed in F1. We've seen JV and JPM do the transition easily, and we've seen Michael Andretti and Alex Zanardi fail badly.

seppefan
8th August 2007, 08:28
Scott Speed will take over the Newman Haas seat in the true racing series!!

I think Justin Wilson will get the drive with CDW money. RedBull cash and Speed to RSport. Yes I know this is a F1 thread but both Wilson & Speed are ex F1 drivers.

ChrisS
8th August 2007, 08:30
;)

In theory yes, but Seb drives for NHL, the best team at Champcar ATM, they have the budget, the engineers and the know how to get the most out of the car.

Do you think SB would be winning if he was driving for Coyne? even though the cars are the same

jens
8th August 2007, 20:05
I'm not in such exaltation about Bourdais as others. Champ Car has in previous years been in trouble and Bourdais hasn't had any strong rivals. Now they are there - Doornbos and Power.

IMO Doornbos is a really underrated driver. He was closer to Albers than Friesacher or Monteiro were. Last year as a replacement driver he managed to outqualify DC on 2 occasions out of 3 (and he could be consistently beating the Scotsman now with more F1 racing experience!). And now as a rookie is a match to Bourdais in Champ Car.

Yes, you understood it right - I would have preferred Doornbos over Bourdais at Toro Rosso next year!

luvracin
8th August 2007, 20:16

WHAT??? Newman-Haas is starting a V8Supercar team with Scott Speed??? AWESOME!!!!! :p :

call_me_andrew
8th August 2007, 22:14
WHAT??? Newman-Haas is starting a V8Supercar team with Scott Speed??? AWESOME!!!!! :p :

Unless they also bought a soccer team.

*rimshot*

If Speed isn't in F1, he'll just complain that he'd rather be in F1. Wilson on the other hand didn't care for F1 politics. I'm not sure he wants to go back.