PDA

View Full Version : 2008 differences to 07 ramblings.

seppefan
7th August 2007, 21:57
Prodrive, ok they have not as yet arrived but will Dave Richards own that entry in 08, ask Nicholas Todt amongst others but then Mclaren will not sell them the chassis if NT buys. Who will ? If NT, then a Ferrari engine seems obvious ( maybe too simple ) if so then why not buy Toro Rosso or Spyker which are both in financial trouble although hanging on.

Torro Rosso - is Vettel / Bourdais / pay driver making the correct career choice..yes if they beat their teamate and sometimes unexpecting other cars although a pay driver would not care so much. Will they find the cash to invest?

Spyker - Jordan, Midland, Spyker...maybe the Arab shareholders will buy them out or a new entrant to F1 but they are $200M in debt according to team members. Don't ask!

Mclaren. It cannot carry on as is. Ron to go? love him or hate him he is part of the F1 story and the series will be less without him. Merc...I suppose but with a 30 % shareholding owned by others it will cost a lot more than a public Company's board already bruised by this year will risk.

Toyota - better than expected and so will hang in for another season. Just need to get a better duo at the wheel. Suggested sackings should not be the only impetous to find the speed.

N. Jones
8th August 2007, 00:31
Prodrive - I don't know what is up there but I have a feeling they are going to be buying everything except drivers. I don't see them buying anyone else out.

Toro Rosso - a mess that doesn't get too much press (thankfully for them!). This team, like Honda, needs a re-org from the top down. But that isn't going to happen as long as G. Berger part-owns the team.

Spyker - what a shame. They will probably be bought out buy a manufacturer if the idea of customer teams ever takes hold. Otherwise they are going to struggle.

Toyota - they always seem better in the second half. If they had more aggressive drivers and maybe stopped shooting themselves in the foot they would probably be better off (doesn't it seem like five years ago that Trulli scored a few podiums for them?)