PDA

View Full Version : New WTCC Team + Car

Captain VXR
7th August 2007, 17:01
http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/sport_sto1270683.shtml
Any truth in this or another CVR?

VkmSpouge
7th August 2007, 18:03
It would be interesting to see how those cars go if they make onto the grid.

BT 96
7th August 2007, 19:00
It would be interesting to see how those cars go if they make onto the grid.

hopefully better than the last one he did for the BTCC

PDS
7th August 2007, 19:21
http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/sport_sto1270683.shtml
Any truth in this or another CVR?

I don't think it would be on the official site if they were not committed to racing!

Allyc85
7th August 2007, 19:42
sounds promising :)

I just hope touring cars dosnt become completely diesel as these cars are just too quiet lol

cos
7th August 2007, 20:41
I don't think it would be on the official site if they were not committed to racing!

Like the Lada, Skoda or Brilliance efforts? :p

LiamM
7th August 2007, 21:30
I think they are setting their sights a little too high to start off with, maybe a year or two in the BTCC would have been better to sort the car out. Probably just gonna be embarrased by the works teams

PDS
7th August 2007, 22:42
Like the Lada, Skoda or Brilliance efforts? :p

But Lada produced a car! The difference is that no one would run it for them....

LGT have the cars! They are preparing the Lexus to run themselves!

Why do people knock any news of new teams trying to get cars out? If they haven't got a proven track record, people here seem to trash them!

All new teams seem to be tarred with the Clyde Valley brush! Clyde Valley was different. No one here has explained exactly how Clyde Valley was to operate, they wanted to do things differently, and it didn’t work for them.

Any new teams, WTCC or BTCC should be encouraged! I for one would like to see the cars at Brands Hatch. If they don't appear, Then Heh-Ho, I will wait...

AndySpeed
7th August 2007, 22:47
It looks like a nice enough car. I just hope they don't spoil it by tarnishing it with a horrid livery and paint job.

VkmSpouge
7th August 2007, 22:49
I hope they do well, they'll certainly add a bit of much needed variety to the WTCC grid.

hopefully better than the last one he did for the BTCC

I always thought the 2001 Lexus did quite well. Sure it had its reliability problems but it was better than Peugeot.

tdb
7th August 2007, 23:14
i have it on good authority that the project is going ahead. i was at the gearbox manufacturer the other day and heard alot about it. wheather they make it to the grid at brands i can't say. But they build is happening!

SEATFreak
8th August 2007, 13:07
Any idea who the drivers are?

Iain
8th August 2007, 14:43
What are the Lexus/Toyota diesel engines like? Good potential for a racing engine?

Captain VXR
8th August 2007, 14:57
Maybe we will see some of these in the btcc?
So this must be the japanese manufacturer promised. I think they'll be popular when the WTCC goes to Ti Aida next year

MattL
8th August 2007, 16:31
Interesting. Tim Blake was involved with/responsible for the TotalMotorSport Racing Lexus effort in 2001. Plans to run a two-car team for Steve Sutcliffe and Richard Dean never became reality. With all due respect, this is one to believe when you see it.

Allyc85
8th August 2007, 18:13
Toyota/lexus engines are top notch so it should give them some decent power when tuned up!

Radders
8th August 2007, 20:13
Might be barkng up the wrong tree but the names TIm Blake rings a bell - wasn;t he something to do with ABG Motorsport/ TMS Motorsport who ran the Erdos/Sutcliffe IS200 in the BTCC in '01?

BDunnell
8th August 2007, 20:55
Yes he was, as MattL says above.

Great looking car, I must say. Would the WTCC only put out a press release like that if the team has paid the entry fee, I wonder? I'd assume so.

Drew
9th August 2007, 01:21
Not the whole Lexus story again :p :

Iain
9th August 2007, 06:53
Surely this story should stir Daz from his slumber. :p :

tdb
14th August 2007, 20:54
I understand a major backer has pulled out!
So my earlier statement may not be accurate.