PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Kluger Rally SA

Livewireshock
7th August 2007, 08:06
After what seems an age, it is time to get back into the swing of things with Rally South Australia. Arguably the biggest event of the year, especially in terms of spectators & support.

The Toyota steam roller will likely to keep on moving on. While Ford will be interesting to see on the ultra fast shire road stages. Pure horsepower at it's best.

It is a shame that Will Orders will not be able to compete. He is a great new talent & was great to watch.

Will Steve Glenney upset the apple cart again this year? He was fantastic last year with his win. Hopefully the change in media will allow better exposure for his privateer entry.

Can not wait to get to the Barossa Valley & see it all start at Angaston on Friday night.

raybak
7th August 2007, 09:07
Have fun over there, wish I was heading over. Doing a Road Closure at the BRM instead.

Ray

TheDogBox
8th August 2007, 01:27
It is a pity Will Orders won't be there. For me, the highlight of this year has been watching guys like he, Eli Evans and Brendan Reeves really start to step up. (I just want to know what they put in the Victorian water!).

And good to see Paul Batten in his second ARC drive of the season. I got to interview him in Canberra; he's a really nice fella, and seems sensible and determined enough to be around the series for a long time to come.

Dean Herridge and Bill Hayes are putting the hard yards after getting 2nd in China last weekend; to get back from China in time for recce and the event, you'd think they'll be feeling pretty 2nd-hand by Sunday night.

Short plug for myself; the next ep of TheDogBox (http://www.thedogbox.info) will feature full coverage of Rally SA. Plus the media folks at RallyCorp are helping out with interviews of the drivers as they come off the stages, so you get the hear what they're thinking and get a bit closer to the action.

Bruce. :D

Livewireshock
8th August 2007, 05:48
It has been good seeing a new changing of the guard rise up from Will, Eli & Brendan. I hope it is not too long & that Will can find another ride in the sport.

Would be a long trip with no directs flights at all from Kaiyang for Dean & Bill. Yet I think they will still be strong on the fast SA roads albeit tired. Time zones are close so jet lag would not be an issue, just the long hours on a plane & waiting in the terminal that would get to you.

GlenW
8th August 2007, 12:31
I was talking to Bill Hayes this afternoon. They are both pretty tired as the rally in China ran on Sunday and Monday, so that meant they arrived in Adelaide from China lunchtime Wednesday.

Livewireshock
9th August 2007, 02:51
I was talking to Bill Hayes this afternoon. They are both pretty tired as the rally in China ran on Sunday and Monday, so that meant they arrived in Adelaide from China lunchtime Wednesday.

Ouch!!! They might as well call in & say hi to the APRC guys in Malaysia on their meandering way. LOL All the time in the world, they have.

raybak
10th August 2007, 22:48
Herridge leads after the first 2 stages held last night. So much for being tired from all his travel.

Ray

raybak
12th August 2007, 03:24
Good battle between Glenney and Simon Evans with Eli Evans and Guest not far behind.

Will be interesting to see how the last four stages pan out.

Ray