Intresting piece of news i came across in an Irish News Web Site
Stating that Marcus Gronholm is set to Compete in Galway next Feb

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1220/gronholm.html

306 Cosworth
22nd December 2006, 15:31
Wow that's very interesting! Let see how much he wins by :p :

sills
23rd December 2006, 00:15
Wow that's very interesting! Let see how much he wins by...

With Eugene on song in his new S12 and If Andrew is there in his lancer it will be alot closer than most people reckon.

PuddleJumper
26th December 2006, 02:02
It will be good practice for Rally Ireland next November. It will be very interesting to see how Marcus compares to the top Irish boys considering his lack of experience on the roads of Ireland. I wonder if any other top drivers will be entering a round of the ITC this year to get an idea of what to expect and see how they measure up.

306 Cosworth
26th December 2006, 10:00
I heard that a few other WR Drivers will be entering different rounds of the ITC Champ, but could be another rumour, you know what they're like in Ireland :p :

Simmi
26th December 2006, 13:08
Atko knows what to expect having done the event this year. Daniel Carlsson has run the event both years so will want to add it to his other rounds for 2007.

MJW
26th December 2006, 19:38
I heard that a few other WR Drivers will be entering different rounds of the ITC Champ, but could be another rumour, you know what they're like in Ireland :p :
Cant really see the point in entering any other round of ITC unless its Galway. Geographically its closests to the Rally Ireland stages, and climate wise Galway runs Feb with ROI in November. Entering Donegal in mid June would be like doing Arctic rally as practice for Neste Oil Rally Finland.

m.lowe
26th December 2006, 20:20
According to M-Sport nothing is confirmed 100% yet
They would like to see him compete but what car would he be in if he does compete?

Simmi
26th December 2006, 22:00
Well they will have at least 6 cars heading for Sweden. Taking into account one for Gareth MacHale that leaves 3 cars left. Im sure they will have built a few more so I'm sure he could use an 06 Focus no problem, even if it is one of the test cars.

ste898
4th January 2007, 21:23
This is now confirmed at http://galwaymotorclub.ie/WhatsNew.html
Just wish I could get over for it as it will be fantastic

Tomi
7th January 2007, 11:16
Good setup test for Ford, it shows they are serious about the title this year.

Tom206wrc
7th January 2007, 12:29
Well they will have at least 6 cars heading for Sweden. Taking into account one for Gareth MacHale that leaves 3 cars left. Im sure they will have built a few more so I'm sure he could use an 06 Focus no problem, even if it is one of the test cars.

What about Gareth Jones ?? :confused:

Wouldn't he run in Ireland too with a Bozian whale like rumour stated ??

hyundaimike
7th January 2007, 18:24
gareth jones has a 05 focus bought and not a bozian whale

Tomi
7th January 2007, 18:57

Do you know, is Gareth doing any WRC rounds this year?

Simmi
7th January 2007, 19:04
Do you know, is Gareth doing any WRC rounds this year?

Germany and Ireland at a guess. Hope he paints the Focus yellow if he has actually got one.

Tom206wrc
7th January 2007, 19:31

OK...so that ends rumour ;)

m.lowe
7th January 2007, 20:07
So Jones isn't getting a Xsara now if hes bought a Ford Fukus

Simmi
7th January 2007, 20:53
It think its just rumour on top of another rumour. In Ireland you just have to wait until the startline of the event before you know what car a driver will be in. Makes it fun because they really seem to be able to get their hands on anything.

ste898
7th January 2007, 21:54
Gronholm is confirmed on Galway motor club website as I said above

Simmi
8th January 2007, 10:13
Gronholm is confirmed on Galway motor club website as I said above

Im not on about Gronholm anymore ste Im on about the rumours talked about above.

farquar wrc
8th January 2007, 12:50
Maybe Dom Buckley has talked Jones into buying Mchale's Focus,one thing is for sure,there will be some kit in the Buckley's service area this year,and i cant wait to get over to Galway to see it all

Simmi
8th January 2007, 19:06
Any word on what Kevin Lynch has this season? He's another that is reportedly going down the Focus route for 07.

scooby girl
9th January 2007, 12:20
Mark Higgins has entered the Galway rally in a Subaru Impreza S11 WRC, backed by Pirelli. Gareth MacHale has also entered.

hyundaimike
9th January 2007, 18:49
i know jones has a focus bought for a fact.no rumour.going to see it on saturday